Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    No need to be a dick about it~
    oh you ...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Playing around with my Kenkonken and going through the magian trials for it, I can see why the level 75 ones were good but not that amazing.

Honestly, getting my automaton to cast Haste II on me increases my TP gain MUCH more than activating AM3 does with the level 75 weapon.

I haven't configured an AM3 set yet, but going from 25ish% double attack to adding OAT is barely noticeable... and of course OAT is only on one hand.

You notice these things when you need to WS hundreds and hundreds of times lol.

That being said, I'm pretty sure my opinion will change as it approaches 119.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Sadlly KKK is not a good example OaT on h2h mostly sucks coz just procs on main hand.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well for KKK the "offhand" is the the puppet's OATs.

I'm considering a strategy to store 300 tp on the puppet and using tactical switch to activate AM3 more easily.

Considering how weak the muppet is for anything level 120+ this might be the best use of it lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You'd have a hard time getting the puppet to hold 3000TP unless you also don't WS and you're solo.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can I rename the topic to 2014 Weaponskill Adjustments now please?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or I could try idling in pet regain. I dunno, just brainstorming.

And yes, ban the dupers!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Emergency Maint on Whitegate

[Details]
    The following issue has been addressed.
    - Fixed a confirmed issue with the Aht Urhgan Whitegate NPC “Rytaal”.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is where the Bans come in. Patched, 1 day later - BANNED. (Just like they did with the alex) As people exploiting this as well as the alexandrite trick! Sylph is already too much of a ghost town as is.

Wonder when this blue magic trick will get patched too. Would be easy to ban those people as well..easy to scan who has done it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I thought it had already been patched... also fixing that npc wont fix the issue in salvage

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

That will fix the unlimited tags though?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    also fixing that npc wont fix the issue in salvage
    Assuming they don't leave abusable 'bugs' open just as a trap. I can't recall in which mysterious ways their STF works these days.

I'm all for them taking the banhammer if it means they'll finally admit the servers need some merging.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The type of rationalization going on by people like hey is pretty interesting. Obviously a game is a lot different (they're meant for fun/escape), but it's really similar to someone saying that they find making money at a job boring so they just robbed a bank to get to the fun stuff in life.

The real problem here is, what sucker is going to want to work a 9-5 job when you've got so many others running around making fortunes with pretty much no consequence. The reason you see more people cheating is probably less that they're ok with it, but more that they feel screwed by the people constantly cheating right in front of them. Unless you take the mantra mentioned earlier that you enjoy the end goal because of the path you took to get there, which many will enjoy less when others get there without the trouble, you pretty much look like a fool for following the way things are supposed to be, and you pay for it (no parties for you without a mythic or some nonsense that always pops up).

If you really want to just 'skip over the bad stuff', you should really just go play on a private server where you're really not hurting the game, or maybe play one of the thousands of other games out there. When cheating like this becomes rampant, there's really only two options left to most people. Join the cheaters or quit. I honestly think more people just quit and that is harmful if you actually want the game to continue.

That said, I have no vested interest in this game anymore. I went batshit crazy during the salvage dupe thread and quit the game shortly after. Since then I've only casually subbed here or there just to see how the game has changed, but I was tired of being left behind for following the rules.

Edit: Hah! My first time posting on bg since 2010 and I notice my siggy. I gave up fighting through the pain I guess =P

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    That will fix the unlimited tags though?
    Oh yeah how exactly did that work anyways?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

No idea, I'm not part of the black market community.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I assume it's something like feeding the server the "I accepted a tag" packet when interacting with the NPC, which it'll accept without the tag check, reason probably being the NPC menu for that is checked client-side.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Everything in this game trusts the client, its fucking stupid lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

have not used any of the exploits, never have exploited. but i find it hilarious that people in this thread want people banned so bad. if you want SE to stop supporting FFXI, yes, please continue to beg for perma bans.

it's the sad truth of it

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I assume it's something like feeding the server the "I accepted a tag" packet when interacting with the NPC, which it'll accept without the tag check, reason probably being the NPC menu for that is checked client-side.
    Yes, that's exactly how it worked. Sucks to see that fixed