FFXI Server
    Asura

So LM-31 is an indefinite hold then?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The particular ban code you are hit with is almost meaningless. Lately it is just:
    1st strike) 3 day
    2nd strike) perma

If you have an LM 31 and you have been suspended before, it is perma.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Even first strikes can be perma. It seems if they didn't tell you 3 day assume you will never get your account back regardless of the circumstances

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I can pretty much confirm new accounts are getting 1 strike permas with the LM-31 code. I've had a number of accounts, old and new, get banned over the last two months. All the accounts that have been around for a little bit where only temps, but every single new account I have registered in the last two months have been 1 strike permas.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Haborym View Post
    I can pretty much confirm new accounts are getting 1 strike permas with the LM-31 code. I've had a number of accounts, old and new, get banned over the last two months. All the accounts that have been around for a little bit where only temps, but every single new account I have registered in the last two months have been 1 strike permas.
    If you dont mind me asking, what are u doing to get banned over and over?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Armz View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what are u doing to get banned over and over?
    It's not that I'm getting banned over and over. For example, I replaced some of my perma accounts with a combination of old ID and fresh ones. Some of which got banned (again). The fresh ones got LM-31 permas, and the old ones got a 3-day ban. Out of a decent number of both fresh and old IDs, only the fresh ones have got permas.

Nearly 40 accounts banned either temp or perma between my friends and I to attest to this pattern. There are a few exceptions I have noticed. Friends who did the salvage tricks got perma this last round on older accounts rather than a 3-day.

Before anyone asks, we, of course, all were breaking TOS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

iirc you said you bought a bunch back when they were on sale and just didn't use them until now?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That wasn't me. And to clarify, I don't have 40+ accounts personally. That number is made from a combination of accounts between a few people I play with and myself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah must of been thinking of punk then. My bad. So why did you or your friends have old accounts lying around then?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

marcus got 3 dayed last week on an account still on free trial, so no they aren't 1-striking accounts for being new

it's more likely they're doing it on rmt or suspected rmt(age may be a factor, but it's not the only one)

can also confirm that 1 strikes happened on new chars, but everyone i've heard of being 1 striked was just botting shit for gil unreasonable hours(hab included)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So why did you or your friends have old accounts lying around then?
    Most of them are old fishing accounts that were unsubbed since the nerf, some were old transfer mules, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolwutt View Post
    can also confirm that 1 strikes happened on new chars, but everyone i've heard of being 1 striked was just botting shit for gil unreasonable hours(hab included)
    If 6 hours or so is unreasonable, then yes.
    The first wave of bans I had for farming the hours had been unreasonable, yes. Since then, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolwutt View Post
    it's more likely they're doing it on rmt or suspected rmt(age may be a factor, but it's not the only one)
    If this is the case, I would have suspected all the accounts doing the same thing would have been perma'd, but again, the old IDs didn't get a perma.

I was just going off what I had personally witnessed among friends and I.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do your accounts ever change gear or stay in the same monoset while farming? Friend got told they caught him using gearswap (while he was afk botting). That seems unlikely but maybe the guy he talked to was uninformed about the name of the program in question.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

It's not that I'm getting banned over and over. For example, I replaced some of my perma accounts with a combination of old ID and fresh ones. Some of which got banned (again). The fresh ones got LM-31 permas, and the old ones got a 3-day ban. Out of a decent number of both fresh and old IDs, only the fresh ones have got permas.

Nearly 40 accounts banned either temp or perma between my friends and I to attest to this pattern. There are a few exceptions I have noticed. Friends who did the salvage tricks got perma this last round on older accounts rather than a 3-day.

Before anyone asks, we, of course, all were breaking TOS.
    are you changing your payment method on new accounts for ones that last longer than a month? using the same card or paypal on an account that has been banned previously is still a no-no

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    are you changing your payment method on new accounts for ones that last longer than a month? using the same card or paypal on an account that has been banned previously is still a no-no
    Yeah, each account had its own email and payment method. The only things that's shared between any of them is my IP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, each account had its own email and payment method. The only things that's shared between any of them is my IP.
    Well the ToS has always said they can and will ban by associate for things like that it's just I don't think they ever did outside of the huge flagrant RMT shops. So guess that's a thing now... though I can't understand why they'd do it now of all times

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not all on the IP got banned by any means, so I doubt it's that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not all on the IP got banned by any means, so I doubt it's that.
    It's probably not just that but might play a part. Like first anything on that IP looked suspicious and got flagged. Then they did some very cursory checks/made some assumptions on which ones were the same user which ended up being hit or miss.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i think IP is a flagging method but isn't an instant ban anymore, as like you said hab, i have had 17 characters online on the same IP and 16 got banned and 1 survived.

best practice is still not to use the same IP though which is pretty inconvenient if you don't have dedis for botting

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

don't they keep 1 char unbanned to see with wich new char this one will associate to ban them too?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    i think IP is a flagging method but isn't an instant ban anymore, as like you said hab, i have had 17 characters online on the same IP and 16 got banned and 1 survived.
    Yeah, I have 5 remaining, although I didn't really bot on a couple of them. Luckily my mains are intact.