+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I'm still not used to this brand new non-spellcast world where you can swap weapons from pre to midcast and have it actually work.

Never even occurred to me, lol.
    Depending on the ready move I'm halfway certain you could do it legitly if really fast similar to how people did HB triggers and such

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras View Post
    2000 TP AM is what, 30 Matk? It's certainly not a blow out with AM maintence but that also means less Myrkr and melee range. I personally don't think it's hard to maintain AM but it does have some cons. It's much like the mythics that only provide AM3 like Liberator and Nagi, sure they are probably still your best weapon but don't compare too well to weapons that enhance JAs/WSes.
    Yeah I suppose if you want to do it at 2000tp... or you could do it at 2900 and get 49. Definitely situational as sometimes you wont want to be in melee range... on the other hand I'm a crazy blm and I go in and vidohunir on almost everything lol. No myrkr kind of sucks but the -10mdb is also nice.

Anyways I admit when I first mentioned it I sort of forgot about how awesome the new staff could get if you blew a ton of money on stones.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think it's funny that right after they nerfed rudra's and for that matter a bunch of other dagger ws that weren't that great to begin with they then update mb to the point where people are doing much more than rudra's ever did without waiting on timers
    This is kind of the point that has me pissed off. Because I don't see people freaking out about BST, BLU, BLM, or GEO being holy-balls damage, at least on par with THF pre-nerf. It solidifies my perspective that people weren't pissed that [some job] was doing so much damage; they were just pissed that THF specifically was. Get to the back of the bus, THF.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Salvage Bans v 2.0

2000 TP AM is what, 30 Matk? It's certainly not a blow out with AM maintence but that also means less Myrkr and melee range. I personally don't think it's hard to maintain AM but it does have some cons. It's much like the mythics that only provide AM3 like Liberator and Nagi, sure they are probably still your best weapon but don't compare too well to weapons that enhance JAs/WSes.
    you can keep AM up easy on blm and scj with a helios set that has mab occult acumen and magic burst dmg augments. your point is mute. mb dmg from gear caps at 40% which can be caped easy by tenzen necklace and 3helios pieces. you can have 40 occult accumen from gear and then the job trait goeson top of thaz

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    mb dmg from gear caps at 40% which can be caped easy by tenzen necklace and 3helios pieces.
    Using this to raise awareness for the newest findings:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108...=1#post6394912

Can get 5% more from mujin band.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    you can keep AM up easy on blm and scj with a helios set that has mab occult acumen and magic burst dmg augments. your point is mute. mb dmg from gear caps at 40% which can be caped easy by tenzen necklace and 3helios pieces. you can have 40 occult accumen from gear and then the job trait goeson top of thaz
    I largely agree that it isn't even hard to keep up the AM, but it is some level of a trade off just like keeping up AM3 on a Koga is.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I largely agree that it isn't even hard to keep up the AM, but it is some level of a trade off just like keeping up AM3 on a Koga is.
    Leik, U downt haev a mythick and can't tawk abbout them.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finish Burtgang
    Get suspended lol

Funny thing, I haven't even played since... Saturday so basically just logged in for login points this week. And I haven't botted since... i think like maybe september??? basically because i'm to lazy to bot (which i find hilarous)
    I do use movement speed but usually only set it to twice what a pld would get from blood cuisses.
    I suspect, there's some piece of shit on slyph who is going around reporting people for no other reason than to feel that false sense of "doing good" when in reality there's 400 people logging in on the weekdays.

CONSPIRICY THEORY:
    ooooooooor, SE has no additional content ready for the end of this year, and they're hoping they can reduce the number of players through bans and suspensions to a point where they can just shut the servers down early with a blanket apology of "it got worse after our announcement, and we have to save money, deep regrets, so sorry"

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    This is kind of the point that has me pissed off. Because I don't see people freaking out about BST, BLU, BLM, or GEO being holy-balls damage, at least on par with THF pre-nerf. It solidifies my perspective that people weren't pissed that [some job] was doing so much damage; they were just pissed that THF specifically was. Get to the back of the bus, THF.
    It's really that none of those jobs compete with SAM and MNK.
    I was fine with Rudra's damage. Why? Because I can do the same or better on SMN... And have been for just as long as THF could. (Plus being SMN main teaches you to be humble.)
    I opined that they should pick a WS of each type to buff up between Rudra's and Fudo's level. (And sword already had that with Savage Blade, which sets the precedent for it not just being Empyrean WSs!)

The outcry was jealousy. I remember even a fellow SMN (but he's an Adoulin SMN who had a mythic and everything else handed to him) was vehement about how Rudra's was wrong because SMN can't do 30k WSs...
    But that's cause he grew up in a different time where the job was good and had a mythic handed to him. Smh so spoiled.
    MNK and SAM on the other hand found themselves on the out after being on pedestals for so long.
    To add insult to injury it was a "joke" job replacing them.
    So the butthurt was massive and strong.

If it had been DRK or DRG or even WAR that got a WS as powerful as Rudra's, then there probably wouldn't have ever been a nerf outcry.
    But because it was a "trash job" that was out parsing them though.... Smh. Pissing contests are strong with gamers.

(There was also the dumbassery that "daggers shouldn't one shot things because they're tiny little pieces of metal and not a GA" with "it's not realistic" that floated around... Even though realistically, daggers have a higher mortality rate because they're small and target vitals... Verses larger weapons that do more crushing than cutting.)

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Finish Burtgang
    Get suspended lol

Funny thing, I haven't even played since... Saturday so basically just logged in for login points this week. And I haven't botted since... i think like maybe september??? basically because i'm to lazy to bot (which i find hilarous)
    I do use movement speed but usually only set it to twice what a pld would get from blood cuisses.
    I suspect, there's some piece of shit on slyph who is going around reporting people for no other reason than to feel that false sense of "doing good" when in reality there's 400 people logging in on the weekdays.

CONSPIRICY THEORY:
    ooooooooor, SE has no additional content ready for the end of this year, and they're hoping they can reduce the number of players through bans and suspensions to a point where they can just shut the servers down early with a blanket apology of "it got worse after our announcement, and we have to save money, deep regrets, so sorry"
    Were you doing any reives afk, like skilling up? Or any pos warping? Ban wave went out twodays ago. SE is so stupid. .. they wait till the end to enforce shit lol, makes sense?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Were you doing any reives afk, like skilling up? Or any pos warping? Ban wave went out twodays ago. SE is so stupid. .. they wait till the end to enforce shit lol, makes sense?
    Nah, I hadn't done any of that in, must moving quick cause fuck that walking speed. I haven't done a reive since... july of last year lol? I honestly think there's someone on slyph who's reporting my LS to the Moogle task force or whatever, and their just blind banning (of course i have no proof or anything) because i know of 6 people in the past month who have gotten perma'd or 3-day'd all from my LS.
    It is what it is... be sad that I just finished my PLD (minus excal) and can't see this game through to the end if it's permanent lol.
    I sent an e-mail to them, we'll see how that goes. Guess i'll just play GW2 or XIV (which still works just fine) or archeage.
    I ALMOST MADE IT GUYS, I ALMOST FINISHED THE RACE!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

If its your second strike and the email says anything past 72 hour, then its usually a perma. I know people who have gotten hit recently as well, weeks from when they did anything at all so who knows. Did your message say "Cheating/Botting" or something movement speed related? Kinda worried they are banning based on something dumb like gearswap or something that uses packets and detecting it like treasury after numerous reports, who knows at this point.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Do you mean the Treasury addon is detectable?

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Filthy fucking cheaters, I have mule accounts on every server just reporting everyone of you.

they sure are fast at banning people as of late but if you got a issue that doenst have anything to do with getting someone banned you wont get a response. paid for a server transfer 2 days ago for 2x mules and even tho payment went through the mules didnt get transferd (generally used to it being immediate) so after waiting an hour i decided to call a GM, since no response like 2 hours later i sent another msg, after still not getting a response i left my char online over night and never got contacted according to log.

Yesterday tried the same thing with the 2nd mule and never got a response, just sent like the 6th msg an hour ago and still no sign.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

They haven't got me yet and I POS hack all the time, so I'm inclined to believe it is based on reports and I just don't have any haters. Hell, I've even switched off detection(pets set it off for some reason) and forgot to turn it back on when I got to town. Luckily, everyone I ran by at 400% was afk(I hope). I even warped around an assault and wound up on a different assault map, nothing.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think they may just be watching the salvage zones. I know of two people who got banned at the same time. They were both doing speed hacks in salvage. One also used easyfarm the other wasn't doing anything else (to my knowledge).

Maybe that dot that follows the player around in salvage really is a camera recording players that run salvage, someone watches a few minutes of each vid; if he thinks you cheating, he writes you on the list for the next wave.

edit: then again. someone else got a 3 day, and has never even entered salvage.
    the two that were doing salvage got lm-31'd if that helps.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

What message in their email did they get? Cheat/botting or third-party related?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The one who told me about the email he got was 2.1 cheat/bot. others i don't know.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    The one who told me about the email he got was 2.1 cheat/bot. others i don't know.
    Speedhack salvage always, so it cant be just that.