BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 114 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I guess some probably aren't sending kb commands and maybe those ones are the ones getting caught? Otherwise sounds like they are either being arbitrary (look guilty are guilty) in the bans or they are gathering information illegally.

And if they are getting you for actions without keystrokes wouldn't they potentially get you for any number of windower addons? Assuming they checked of course

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Like someone said before, I do find it weird they are actually enforcing the rules now that the game is about to do its encore performance.

Well, so far they're only catching ones who actually do bot, no ones been innocent and caught. (aside from that one random vomp hill thing...).

So, you have to assume they're running something illegal to do it. But those legal/illegal lines don't really exist.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Well, so far they're only catching ones who actually do bot, no ones been innocent and caught. (aside from that one random vomp hill thing...).

So, you have to assume they're running something illegal to do it. But those legal/illegal lines don't really exist.
    Maybe its a good thing Clipper went premium. I wonder how many bans have been prevented because of that.

That's irrelevant, anyone who didn't want to pay for clipper, went over to cupper. Or evolved onto Tako, which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's lame, I was casual/just finishing story/fun relic/mythic/ergon while waiting for the end but if my friend is gone I'm gone

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Well I know in other games you could be sending commands to the server via a bot of some sort and it can still show you as "AFK". I think I last saw that in XIV where there was a bot mining and had the AFK symbol on.

Yeah this is a thing in 14. Lots of bad botters with their AFK symbol on.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We don't really know that. We just know that of the people that post on forums frequently enough that reported it were guilty of something though not necessarily botting or whatever it was they were accused of. What that says to be me is the vast majority of people here are guilty of something

At this point we're all guilty of something... no one is clean. At the very least everyone has profited or advanced in someway thanks to someone botting/dupping. Or guilt by association, all that whiny bullshit people say is "bad".

I think that if even one person was legit innocent, someone would've raised a stink somewhere.

I'd love to know the method they're using after all is said and done, so we can just go "I fuckin knew it" it was illegal, but it didn't matter anyway.

Banned.

BG Level

I've always thought it was fair that if you didn't catch me doing it, nothing happened... "Everything is legal til you're caught doing it" etc
    I didn't catch you murdering my husband, that must mean it didn't happen! Doesn't matter how much evidence I have against you for his murder, I didn't *see* you doing it, so clearly it's only fair that you get away with it scott-free and I shouldn't be affected by his death because "nothing happened".

...what kind of backwards logic is this?

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    I didn't catch you murdering my husband, that must mean it didn't happen! Doesn't matter how much evidence I have you against you for his murder, I didn't *see* you doing it, so clearly it's only fair that you get away with it scott-free and I shouldn't be affected by his death because "nothing happened".

Thats not an extreme example at all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At this point we're all guilty of something... no one is clean. At the very least everyone has profited or advanced in someway thanks to someone botting/dupping. Or guilt by association, all that whiny bullshit people say is "bad".

I think that if even one person was legit innocent, someone would've raised a stink somewhere.

I'd love to know the method they're using after all is said and done, so we can just go "I fuckin knew it" it was illegal, but it didn't matter anyway.
    Or pretty much all the testing which everyone has profited by is against the rules.

I think they would've raised a stink if they frequented non OF forums but I think just about everyone their has done something. That said the very fact that they are saying it was one thing that you aren't guilty of or handing out a ban to someone who hasn't done anything since the recent suspension kind of points at there being flaws in there determination methods to an extent where it's hard to imagine that someone innocent hasn't gotten caught up in it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I didn't catch you murdering my husband, that must mean it didn't happen! Doesn't matter how much evidence I have against you for his murder, I didn't *see* you doing it, so clearly it's only fair that you get away with it scott-free and I shouldn't be affected by his death because "nothing happened".

Being seen and being caught aren't the same thing.

It would be more well we can't prove you murdered your husband or that he was even murdered in the first place... but he is dead and you had opportunity and motive and that's good enough for us. And then immediately administer lethal injection

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, haven't we disputed this a dozen times in this thread so far?

No, we are all not guilty. Just because someone murders someone who left you a hefty inheritance you profit from for example. Doesn't make you guilty of anything. You simply did nothing wrong. I believe you are trying to use the "we are all connected" logic and took a wrong turn.

People raise a stink all the time. Banned for gardening mules back in the day for example. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Their method is probably the same used to determine a witch.

The same sort of logic that doesn't differentiate between evidence and proof? This thread is becoming a bundle of bad logic so what's the surprise?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    He wasn't using anything at all and stuff got hit? No craft bots or 12% speed or anything?
    he has logged in a total of 3 times since his suspension and most of them were for vagary. he may have had 12% speed on but i'm sure most did and legit no one got hit except for him. he doesn't craft either so no craft bots. i can't confirm he wasn't doing anything else just because obviously i'm not on at all times of the day but from what i saw he actually was playing legit after his suspension

Banned.

BG Level

Why do people think "everyone else is doing it!" is an excuse? If YOU get caught doing it, you will be banned, simply because it's still strictly against the ToS. It doesn't matter if literally every person on the server is fleehacking to the heavens, all it takes is one person to report you and you'll be investigated and if there's suspicious activity in their logs or if they simply watch you for a moment they will see the reports are verified and will ban you accordingly. Just stop crying about being banned, it's your fault, own up to it instead of crying foul play. You deserved it, especially now of all times if you go around botting and fleehacking you're basically asking for it. It's their game not yours, you don't make the rules sorry!

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why do people think "everyone else is doing it!" is an excuse? If YOU get caught doing it, you will be banned, simply because it's still strictly against the ToS. It doesn't matter if literally every person on the server is fleehacking to the heavens, all it takes is one person to report you and you'll be investigated and if there's suspicious activity in their logs or if they simply watch you for a moment they will see the reports are verified and will ban you accordingly. Just stop crying about being banned, it's your fault, own up to it instead of crying foul play. You deserved it, especially now of all times if you go around botting and fleehacking you're basically asking for it. It's their game not yours, you don't make the rules sorry!
    We don't think "everyone else is doing it!" is an excuse. We just don't think its a big deal. Not sure who is crying about it either. Someone such as myself who hasn't been banned and isn't cheating is not crying when I say in various manners that it is silly.

If you think having to spend 10 minutes running around a zone to get somewhere when you could just enter and go up a ledge and be there. Is fun or worth your time then go for it. Some people don't want to waste their free time in that manner. Especially if they don't have much of it. The fact they are being banned for it at this moment just stupid because things are winding down. Where was SE banning for the people fleeing and cheating everywhere during the Abyssea and Nyzul generation? The ratio of those banned then and now certainly can't be balanced.

Fleeing, fish botting, selling accounts, etc are not serious infractions, and does nothing to the game, or anyone (in fact fish aren't on the AH). Similar to people being allowed to smoke pot in their own house despite it being a more serious crime than cocaine and various other substances. Dat IRL ToS tho!
    Oh Ryan, how can you say those are not serious infractions? Well, Windower is far more game breaking than any of that, and no one here (hopefully) thinks people should be banned for that. Keep things in perspective.
    RMTing is more serious than the aforementioned infractions and who even cares about them? Hopefully not you because they really don't matter anymore.

No one "deserves it" or "is asking for it" and you are a dick for say that. I mean who the fuck do you presume yourself to be with such a pompous and self-righteous take on complete strangers?

I like that "you'll be investigated" line too. Do you know how SE operates? We sure would like to know what goes on in that office. So please, indulge us oh arbiter of justice and knowledge of SEs workings.

Spoiler: show

SE has time and resources to spend on "investigations" and banning people, but not meaningful updates to the game anymore? Wow... Rude...

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Yeah, haven't we disputed this a dozen times in this thread so far?

No, we are all not guilty. Just because someone murders someone who left you a hefty inheritance you profit from for example. Doesn't make you guilty of anything. You simply did nothing wrong. I believe you are trying to use the "we are all connected" logic and took a wrong turn.

People raise a stink all the time. Banned for gardening mules back in the day for example. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    Your example's pretty terrible. It's much closer to receiving/reselling stolen goods: it doesn't matter if you stole them or not. To a degree, it doesn't even matter if you knew they were stolen or not: you're still guilty of selling stolen goods. And yeah, you ARE the recipient of stolen goods. Everyone on these forums are, and I know of literally no one in the game who isn't, and I hobnob with a LOT of newbies who know exceptionally little about anything involving the mechanics of this game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    Your example's pretty terrible. It's much closer to receiving/reselling stolen goods: it doesn't matter if you stole them or not. To a degree, it doesn't even matter if you knew they were stolen or not: you're still guilty of selling stolen goods. And yeah, you ARE the recipient of stolen goods. Everyone on these forums are, and I know of literally no one in the game who isn't, and I hobnob with a LOT of newbies who know exceptionally little about anything involving the mechanics of this game.
    Guilty? Using or reselling stolen goods is not a crime if you don't know that they were stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Guilty? Using or reselling stolen goods is not a crime if you don't know that they were stolen.
    That's why they don't ban someone for buying cheated alexandrite.

Also, Ryan: fish botting DOES affect more than the singular player. It introduces great amounts of Gil into the economy, which then causes inflation.
    That's why SE tends to nerf certain things.... Like chocobo blinkers... Though they haven't been the fastest on those things in the past, they DID preemptively adjust vendor prices when RoE got items.