Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

It was mentioned previously. Take wide turns to avoid getting someone stuck on any columns and slow down at times to allow for others to catch up in case they get stuck having to path through a mob unless you're using that tool to walk through mobs without the delay.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There's a lot less players subscribed now than when the first salvage bans were handed out. SE probably thought "screw it, we don't have enough subscribers as it is", and decided banning would lower their profits more than having actually decent policing would raise it.

During the original Salvage bans, a lot of the banned players would probably be willing to buy another copy and restart their character. Now though, with FFXI in decline, I bet most players would just quit and move on if they were banned.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

If that were the case why ban players who are running barely above the standard movement speed, without using equipment/JAs? Why ban anyone at all if that were the case?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Entirely too much thought going into this. Their decisions are always arbitrary. Cheaters can be thankful for their payday, others can be thankful for cheaters helping to ease the alexandrite shortage. Who cares.

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    There's a lot less players subscribed now than when the first salvage bans were handed out. SE probably thought "screw it, we don't have enough subscribers as it is", and decided banning would lower their profits more than having actually decent policing would raise it.

During the original Salvage bans, a lot of the banned players would probably be willing to buy another copy and restart their character. Now though, with FFXI in decline, I bet most players would just quit and move on if they were banned.

I think it's the opposite, I wouldn't want start a new character at that time due to how time consuming just to level 1 job to 75. I can easily catch up now.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Entirely too much thought going into this. Their decisions are always arbitrary. Cheaters can be thankful for their payday, others can be thankful for cheaters helping to ease the alexandrite shortage. Who cares.
    If this thought was applied into other parts of the game I'm sure your tight pink panties would be in a bunch.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by PSOfanatic View Post
    What I'd like to know is how people do 3-4 instances at the same time. I want to know what program or plugin they are using to where they can use 3-4 accounts and make their single controller control all 4 instances. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as mobs spawn in completely different locations and have different pathing traits per instance lol.
    Ashita I believe.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmm. Well this hurts my soul... I'm at 29310/30000 turned in. All legit, farming two salvage runs per day (main + mule) for just over 10 months. Making me feel like a chump for playing the game legit.

Thanks for ruining my year BG! I'll see you in the mythic completed post in a couple of days...

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Streak View Post
    Hmm. Well this hurts my soul... I'm at 29310/30000 turned in. All legit, farming two salvage runs per day (main + mule) for just over 10 months. Making me feel like a chump for playing the game legit.

Thanks for ruining my year BG! I'll see you in the mythic completed post in a couple of days...
    2 runs per day, and 10 months... are you farming Salvage 1.0? coz doing 2 run per day, just needed 4 months(tops 5) to complete, with an average run of 125 alex each run. (well I sold all of them to my friend, and when I started mine had the gil to buy all the alex)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    2 runs per day, and 10 months... are you farming Salvage 1.0? coz doing 2 run per day, just needed 4 months(tops 5) to complete, with an average run of 125 alex each run. (well I sold all of them to my friend, and when I started mine had the gil to buy all the alex)
    Idk I've averaged lower than that on some v2. Like more like 110. Some people don't go out and farm all the nms/gears because the time/reward is a bit lower. Why spend an hour farming everything for a little over 110 when you can get 75 in 20 min? Especially if you doing it twice a day.

Wonder how long before prices start creeping back up... well one thing at least the people who are whining about how much cheaper mythics were than ergon got their wish mythics will cost more lol

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I'll probably go back in once a day, kill nq and hq Khim and warp. Rather take 15 mins and bounce with 500k+ lol.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If youre explicitly farming though, always skimping on the singles kinda makes you unable to bitch about how long it takes.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

You'll not hear those complaints from me

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Idk I've averaged lower than that on some v2. Like more like 110. Some people don't go out and farm all the nms/gears because the time/reward is a bit lower. Why spend an hour farming everything for a little over 110 when you can get 75 in 20 min? Especially if you doing it twice a day.

Wonder how long before prices start creeping back up... well one thing at least the people who are whining about how much cheaper mythics were than ergon got their wish mythics will cost more lol
    I just rush to Rampart floor, pop gears and kill them(@10-12 mins mark), kill NQ then HQ, it takes me 25sh mins on my main, and on my mule 35-40mins, 40~ alex before any linen, and 80~ linen, 120~ per run, this dont count that in 240 runs(4 months) you could get a linen from NQ, if you dont wanna kill NQ that takes 3 mins.. but I dont kill anyother NM.. is a "waste of time" for me

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Salvage Bans v 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by PSOfanatic View Post
    What I'd like to know is how people do 3-4 instances at the same time. I want to know what program or plugin they are using to where they can use 3-4 accounts and make their single controller control all 4 instances. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as mobs spawn in completely different locations and have different pathing traits per instance lol.
    I use windower a controller and a program I cant think of the name at the moment that allows me to alt tab between ffxi instances. I stage characters with a mob to fight and then tab over to the next one. The only way I can stay awake during salvage now is that I simultaneously triple box and have to pay attention or ramparts/ characters die if I don't. Wish I'd of known about this sooner. Where is the black market sign up board for shady stuff?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Myproject works well for playing multi lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    Rmt was using it to far marrows... I saw them as low as 1.5m/e
    RMT was not using it for marrows afaik. The reason marrow price dipped so hard was because people were generating items out of thin air by using a buffer overflow glitch. This post might get deleted if the users on this forum who did it even care even though I said it before in this thread and it's been said on ffxiah/official forums. You could essentially create any item out of thin air for a while and it was abused very heavily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast