+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    SE isn't banning anyone with their severe lack of FFXI subs..
    Oh they will my ban over something that didn't even happen makes that apparent with no warning or 3day first makes that clear. They just wont do mass bannings. Plus I think half the reason they decided to change there mind and say they would rollback and give me the account back was the threat of losing my other accounts too

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    I'm still surprised that people don't care that there are hacked afterglows/billions of gil in items in circulation but they do care about a salvage bug oh well I give up
    Its not just the salvage shit, its every massive exploit, that according to you, the whole "ffxi black market" knows about, and SE does nothing, and just hopes it stays swept under the rug so they dont have to ban a couple accounts or patch the damn shit.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

wasn't the whole FFXI market, not to "name drop" but just cair/bryth/mafai/a few others. either way it fucked the economy pretty hard over the last couple months

edit: bryth didn't do it, just knew of it
    edit2: its patched now to clarify

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Was this the changing the npc resale value thing? I heard from sources that someone made over $100k from said exploit.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

It was a buffer overflow. Essentially they could pull any reward item from certain zones by completing an unrelated quest in the same zone. Think after glow bonanza moogles etc. I didn't do it personally but this is how it was described to me. The same people putting their ichor into negative and infinitely npcing rubber harnesses all this stuff is why ffxi economy is broken right now. most of the sellable items came from the sparks npc

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Do FFXI accounts still sell? With these banning a curious if people are selling them.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement View Post
    I've reported everyone here who has blatantly admitted to cheating to the Special Task Force. You're the reason this game is dying. Enjoy your bans
    I will be thoroughly disappointed if this is the only post this guy makes.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

guess that explains the 15 odd mythics in cair's pic from the completed relic/mythic thread then. cool from a "let's see how much we can break the game" perspective i guess, but man would that kill any incentive to continue playing.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

While I don't condone cheating in FFXI all of this is rather interesting. Afterglows being created by players, infinite dynamis and respawning Salvage II bosses over and over. I wonder what else is out there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    wasn't the whole FFXI market, not to "name drop" but just cair/bryth/mafai/a few others. either way it fucked the economy pretty hard over the last couple months

edit: bryth didn't do it, just knew of it
    edit2: its patched now to clarify
    I'm innocent

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Was this the changing the npc resale value thing? I heard from sources that someone made over $100k from said exploit.
    Resale price isn't changable (that I know of) but a markup is possible, and will get you banned. A former dev had this happen and I think this is what made him quit.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Im more disappointed that starcade doesnt have any rantings about this. I miss them.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    guess that explains the 15 odd mythics in cair's pic from the completed relic/mythic thread then. cool from a "let's see how much we can break the game" perspective i guess, but man would that kill any incentive to continue playing.
    I figured that was from cruor bot gil capping, plus maybe the ASE assault thingy or whatever it was that let you just click the post to get completion. Ugh lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

SE isn't banning anyone with their severe lack of FFXI subs.

FFXI is dying because FFXIV is a thing now, not because of people cheating a BS system. Alex should be easy as fuck to obtain in 2014, lol. Niggas still on that alexandrite grind doe, much respect. Such a broken waste of time.
    Well now you've gone and done summoned him.

dis nigga Sho...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I figured that was from cruor bot gil capping, plus maybe the ASE assault thingy or whatever it was that let you just click the post to get completion. Ugh lol
    (not specifically in reply to you, kyte)
    exploit's an exploit's an exploit. effectively it just proves one thing:

these things happen all the time and will continue to happen. just need to deal with it or stop playing if it bothers you so much. there'll never be a time at this stage in XI's life where using third party "assistance" or loopholes in the system won't give someone a clearcut advantage; you either find them and take advantage of them yourself, or "revel" in your "legitimacy" for having done it your way without any cheats. I'm sure there's a divide in the playerbase between who cares about which one and who doesn't, but that type of polarization is just human nature. personally find myself in camp B since I don't see any point in achieving a long term goal like a mythic without actually putting in the effort, but I can see why others would prefer camp A.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So the thread on the official forums has made one thing clear. Pchan is still a bat shit stupid person.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    So the thread on the official forums has made one thing clear. Pchan is still a bat shit stupid person.
    He fuckin loves his marrows lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Altnob View Post
    While I don't condone cheating in FFXI all of this is rather interesting. Afterglows being created by players, infinite dynamis and respawning Salvage II bosses over and over. I wonder what else is out there.
    Didn't you buy your account? I saw the username Altnob recently on rmt forums. lol

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Yeah he did

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Didn't you buy your account? I saw the username Altnob recently on rmt forums. lol
    Judging by the posts/threads he's made, it seems hard to believe he didnt buy his account.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

SE isn't banning anyone with their severe lack of FFXI subs.

FFXI is dying because FFXIV is a thing now, not because of people cheating a BS system. Alex should be easy as fuck to obtain in 2014, lol. Niggas still on that alexandrite grind doe, much respect. Such a broken waste of time.
    I think it will be in the back of peoples minds that this may have screwed them over. Players say cost for X is too high, but the people cheating inflate the numbers so it doesn't look as bad as it may be. Even though SE has said that they wouldn't reduce the amount of items needed for stuff, there is always the part will wonder if they would have if everything was done legit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast