Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Thief weapon skill: Evisceration or Exenterator?

I quit long before the WS rehaul update and I've been hearing random people debate whether or not evisceration or exenterator is better with backers on both sides.

Can any veteran thieves out there put me up to speed on what exactly the best DPS output is?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    John Blaze
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Evisceration when not stacking with SA and/or TA and Rudra's Storm when stacked.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Start here: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36...ef/36/#2691552
    And cover the next couple pages. This covers lots of details on the differences between Evisceration, Exenterator, and Dancing Edge.

This is coming on the tail of a bunch of arguments about Exenterator vs Evisceration (and Rudra's and Mercy Stroke, as well), which may provide additional context for the following posts.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Really Depends how much of a gambling man you are. The update helped the average Evisceration can do by a decent amount. But it's still a bit more unreliable than Exenerator. You can't go as high with Eviceration with Exenerator. But also Exenerator doesn't go as low as Evisceration can either. If you have a good set and capped dDEX, Evisceration should do enough to be better than Exenerator, but the further you get from dDEX cap the more often Exenerator will catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnblaze View Post
    Rudra's Storm when stacked.
    This is generally true,most of the time. Except if you have around 1000~ TP and fSTR is uncapped, Mercy Stroke always beats Rudra's Storm from what I've seen.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, by the numbers it's:

Unstacked - Evisceration
    100% TP - Mercy Stroke
    175% or more tp with moonshade - Rudra's Storm

Campaign
    BG Level

Would be awesome if the same deep analysys could have been applied to DNC and BRD as well!
    All 3 jobs use daggers, but have different peculiarities and gearing options.
    As far as I could see the situation is the same on DNC (they can "stack" WSs too with Flourishes 3).
    Evis unstacked, Rudra stacked. Rudra beats Evis at higher base TP, the threshold depends on your target and your attack but it's somewhere between 1400 and 1900 if I recall, past that Rudra will be better.
    Feather Step doesn't change things that much altough it gives a small edge to Evis. I guess with the new step cap (if something survives that long...) the point at which Rudra gets better will be set higher, but I'm pretty sure Rudra is always going to be better than Evis at some point.

On BRD you have the additional variable of Mordant Rime, which is a nice WS. I think Evis still wins though.
    Different story for Mythic BRDs, as far as I could see Mordant Rime is always better than Evis, even when you're singlewielding (+6% crit rate, Fencer job trait)
    Rudra still gets better than Mordant Rime at higher TP values, after all Mordant Rime damage doesn't scale with TP.
    I don't know where the threshold is, it's probably lower than that but 2000+ Rudra is always better than Mordant, as far as I could see.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Exactly how much TP bonus does one get from Moonshade earring? What is TP Bonus +25? 25%? 1200tp=1500tp?

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Altnob View Post
    Exactly how much TP bonus does one get from Moonshade earring? What is TP Bonus +25? 25%? 1200tp=1500tp?
    It's +250 TP in the new display system.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Altnob View Post
    +25 in your example.. but now it is 250tp, so if you have 2750, when you ws is like if you had 3000.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Idk, on most high tier shit I been having better/best results using Mandalic Stab. It's been the highest and most consistent. But this is on Phantom Gem BCNMs, not shit like merit/jp parties.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Phraust View Post
    Idk, on most high tier shit I been having better/best results using Mandalic Stab. It's been the highest and most consistent. But this is on Phantom Gem BCNMs, not shit like merit/jp parties.
    Yawp, sometimes. Mandalic Stab has comparable fTP to Rudra's, and has a 1.66~1.75 attack modifier, so, Its good on high defense enemies, and depending on how defensive, will outperform Rudra's.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If Mandalic Stab ever comes close to Rudra, you may want to reconsider your setup/gear/buffs/ffxi life in general.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ihina View Post
    If Mandalic Stab ever comes close to Rudra, you may want to reconsider your setup/gear/buffs/ffxi life in general.
    The thrills of being in the off party on some content?

F**k if I know or care anymore.