FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

So the prepatch has technically patched the game to its "new 2.0" thing. Almost like a FFXIV 1.0 to FFXIV 2.0 thing

Anyway... from playing it for a few days...

Good
    Outlaw is hilariously overpowered in some ways
    Your "prestige" (power) goes through the roof
    Most classes do pretty good, after you learn how to do its new play style (Archer, witch, outlaw are pretty powerful)
    no more caps on getting cash
    The "weapon/parts" monsters drop, do obscene damage (I like the staff which does chain lightning and the axe for jumping aoe rape the most)
    Tons of inventory space now >.>
    Every class basically uses the same set of gear, so no more grinding a 5/10man forever for 1 specific weapon/gear piece)

Bad
    Still has chatlog bug (soon as you exit a instance and look at chat, game will freeze for a few seconds)
    Cookie cutter builds now, so everyone is sort of the same, only diversity is how far you progressed in things like invasion "map", tower of knowledge etc. There is of course the wide varity of offhand specials that add some variety, and like 4 different "symbol" choices.
    There is a 7 day limit on "Global god authority quest" and "bastion quest" (basically these give you a lot of items/progress your maps for abilities). So not playing over 1 week, will screw you on "progress" per say. So no more being away for a month "break" and catching up to your friends! Nothing "piles up" over time if you don't play a long time (well technically if your super far behind, you get a bonus on credits to build up stuff faster)
    Credits went from being useful to being somewhat useless, and really hard to get, even if you grind all day long.
    Using "stimulants" to quickly do invasion missions, screws you out of bonus points.
    Instead of a "credit" cap now, we get a "item drop" limit from 5/10man instances, so basically after 2-3 runs of a 5/10man, you get nothing but credits for that day.

Overall, its an OK change, but it will be confusing as fuck when you start. It'll take a day or two to get used to the changes thats for sure.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is there a way to for high prestige players to "sync down" and play with lower ones?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Is there a way to for high prestige players to "sync down" and play with lower ones?
    Yes the game still syncs players up/down for content. Although with the new system, even synced the dps difference (can be) pretty massive.

p.s.
    As mentioned earlier, all classes are linear in progression, which means the buffs you get are linear also... so someone with like 8mil prestige (very normal now) will have a ton of dps buffs and abilities, vs someone with 500K-1mil.

So you both may be hitting mobs with normal attack for like 5mil, he may have the staff special ability that blasts groups of mobs for like 100mil per shot, chain lightning ability for 15mil+, pet buff that makes it hit for 10mil+ etc etc etc

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly I was toying with this for the last 2 weeks and the minute this update comes along its like wut? Quite a few complaints going on at how drastic the changes are I actually liked the atlas idea and now its replaced with a gimped map instead. Also story quests were disabled or deleted so it just killed my interest quite a bit.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    Honestly I was toying with this for the last 2 weeks and the minute this update comes along its like wut? Quite a few complaints going on at how drastic the changes are I actually liked the atlas idea and now its replaced with a gimped map instead. Also story quests were disabled or deleted so it just killed my interest quite a bit.
    They added back in the story quest thing, to now show... progress of what your on and allows you to select what story quest your on (can see this by pressing the B key and selecting "stories" on the far right). As for the rest, as mentioned, it takes time to get used to it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's been months since I've played but it always felt like a console game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/...t-this-spring/

PS4 version coming in march.

https://sf-ps4.my.com/en