BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Do yourself the favor of checking out berserker first man. So much fun

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Didn't realize closed beta happened recently. Remember reading about this a couple years ago but guess I got sidetracked by PSO2. Looks pretty interesting.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Next closed beta opens the 25th.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New Class "The Lightbinder"

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

well, I found my class I'll definitely be playing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I ended up buying my CBT access just cause it was pretty cheap and I'm looking for something else to do between content droughts in two different games.

I decided to pick up the Lightbinder(Priest) after watching the cool trailer and my normal go to class isn't available yet.

The character progression is a little confusing as first, especially if you are used to the linear levels, it's through a "prestige" system that you increase in various ways. I normally don't judge a game until I reach group content which is normally a fair chunk in to the game.

Honestly, it feels a lot like GW2. The dungeon content was just a fuckery fest with damage coming from all directions and all I could do as a priest, the only support class was provide a small bubble every 20 seconds and an AOE bubble every 40 seconds. I was looking forward to be healing to be honest, but I can't shoot a game down for trying to break the meta.

I'm just a traditionalist I guess, I just like the trinity circle thingy ma-bob too much. It just flows nicely, why try and re-invent the wheel?

Solo content is your go-to MMO really, but I don't expect anything else nowa-days. I'm interested to see the final product when it launches though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The game is currently in Open beta. Just found out today. It's pretty rad so far

my guys name is Koul Vawt

Tried it the other day. Still can't get behind control schemes that put so much emphasis on the left hand.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Yeah, I'm having issues with the UI. The chat function is pretty lame as shit too. When you're in-game, you can't scroll up or anything. In order to have full control over the chat menu, you have to go into a special menu and then it's this little tiny box you go through.

Doing instances or dungeons and I don't really have any idea wtf I'm doing. I'll mess around with it some more because it's free but ehh. I'm on the fence with the game. oh and another shallow peeve is you can't disable chat filters.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

What is the level cap? i might give this a try just to test it
    Annnnd downloaded the game and all i get is connection to the server lost.

And apparently : If you are receiving Error Code 2 it is because the NA server is currently down for maintenance as we work on applying a fix.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The game doesn't really have levels. You can pretty much repeat everything and cap out every class but that should take some time

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Well i made my character, i didnt get to play it after customizing because i had to leave for work, But i went with a cryomancer and Tekni Wintersbane.
    ok managed to play a little more on my break. Really enjoying the combat kind of. Wish i could manually block with my shield as a paladin but im enjoying the combo system and the atlas ascenscion.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Kinda sucks that early on you have to spend sparks to level classes till you get marks of their class so you cant use those sparks to unlock the big tree where the REAL stat boosts and class unlocks are however i am enjoying the classes, They are pretty fun.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

So, I've put in a solid 2 days into the game so far. Roughly ~8 hours each day. Feel like I can give better "first impressions" after getting an understanding the games mechanics.

First up the classes. Once you get a little past the tutorial, you'll have the option to test out ALL the classes. They all operate pretty differently. Gunna and Warlock have stances (warlock does it a little differently tho) and I liked both of em. Lightbinder is pretty fun. Alchemist is interesting and Berserker/Psychic (can't remember the name) were both pretty fun as well. Ever class operates relatively different. I feel like they put a lot of thought into them. You can switch at anytime. To unlock classes you must find it on the main grid and unlock it. They are all rather far away from the 3 starter classes (Paladin, Cryomancer and lightbinder)

The game does have roles but every class is viable in a dungeon. Having a support class just does that. it just adds support to the group. Same with a tank. If you got a tank, things will go MUCH smoother but it's not really necessary. Which is pretty nice.

The game doesn't have levels, instead it operates with Prestige which is an estimation of your power based on equipment and how far you are in the sphere grid. There's two levels the sphere grid. There's the greater one which has strong buffs and leads to all the classes to unlock them along with generic passives. And then the lower level grid which is the bound to the class where you learn class based passives and new abilities.

You have 5 resources to unlock nodes. Red, green, blue and then class specific resources and mastery resources which can be used for ANY class nodes. You can not reset things on the sphere grid. If you mess up, you gotta bite the bullet. With that said, you can master the entire thing. It will just take a long time. There is also a weekly cap on resources you can gather, which is lame but I feel it makes sense for an MMO.

Combat is a mixture of action and target based stuff. Some attacks will always hit as long as you have the person targeted but most you have to aim. There also isn't ANY real warning when an enemy is gunna use it's murderrape move on you. there's no red zone or anything like that. They just charge up and then do it. The gameplay does get a little repetitive, I will say but I'm kinda digging it now that I'm further into it.

The game can be kind of summed up as "Instances: The Game" every zone is an instance. There's 3 different types of zones. Regions which are huge any-can-join zones with a buttload of quests to complete. Squads which can either be solo'd, duo'd or trio'd and then Groups which require 5 people. There's also pvp but I haven't done that yet. Squads and groups have difficulty tiers which increase as you get higher prestige. They have optional challenges that reward more leveling resources if you complete em. Examples include not dodging more than 3 times per battle, killing X amount of mobs without ending combat etc etc

The graphics are really pretty. Colorful scenery everywhere.

Story is whatever. Something something you died. blahblah now you're a God. Do stuff. Evil Gods. something blah.

Subscribing to the game will net you bonuses to everything pretty much. Not really game breaking or p2w but it would just speed up reaching the weekly cap on stuff. You can also purchase argents which can be used to buy items from the NON-PC marketplace. As far as I know, there isn't a player based auction house. Buying argents can be done with either the in-game currency or RL money. Which, again, argents can be used to buy other stuff but it's not really necessary. Overall, the model isn't intrusive or P2W garbage like archeage and I can see myself casually enjoying the game.

The UI is kind of terrible but it's f2p so I'll put up with it.

tl;dr I'd recommend playing.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    tl;dr I'd recommend playing.
    100% agree.

For a f2p, with a non-p2w cash shop, this game is pretty solid. It's always refreshing when a good f2p game does the cash shop right.

Combat in this game can be repetitive, but it remains fun. With the number of classes you can switch to, it keeps things fresh as you learn new rotations.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I started playing the other day, how long will it take to get a new class? I really want to play a melee class, but I am stuck as cryo for dps at the moment.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

played for a couple days now as well, if not having an open world is offputting to you, you probably shouldn't waste your time on this game though.

i'm struggling to understand why they would design the game this way but oh well.

definitely worth a play if instances don't bother you, it's free.

There also isn't ANY real warning when an enemy is gunna use it's murderrape move on you. there's no red zone or anything like that.
    Strange, I've seen some. Of course, some moves ARE instant, like the fish-lady things in one of the early instances putting the water/poison gunk on the ground. It's not red, but still visible.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Strange, I've seen some. Of course, some moves ARE instant, like the fish-lady things in one of the early instances putting the water/poison gunk on the ground. It's not red, but still visible.
    There's a warning but you have to watch the mob and it's action is what I meant. Whereas in other games there's like a HUGE red zone/line/whatever where it will shoot it's deathbeam. The death move I don't feel is as obvious in this game as it is in others, I guess.

@Enzan. Once you reach a certain point you will be able to switch to paladin otherwise. To unlock other classes it might take 1 or 2 weeks due to the weekly cap. I'm super close to kinetic but I won't hit it this week. Gotta wait for reset on Wednesday. After understanding the game, I'm loving the crap out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    There's a warning but you have to watch the mob and it's action is what I meant. Whereas in other games there's like a HUGE red zone/line/whatever where it will shoot it's deathbeam. The death move I don't feel is as obvious in this game as it is in others, I guess.
    Suppose it depends on the mobs. Like, there's a robot in the factory instance that'll do a squarish AoE missile shot. If you watch the ground, you can see the indicator. Of course, since red/orange is the pre-dominant lower background color, I can understand it being hard to see. I know the reaper dude had a conal indicator, too.