+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This game would be really fun if it didn't cause my nvidia driver to crash every sporadically. I'd almost blame Windows 10 or Nvidia for the problem but none of my other games have the same problem.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

anyone running group missions and finding tanks to be EXCEPTIONALLY squishy? is it just the game or are they just building their character for dps rather than absorbing damage?

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A lot of tanks survivability comes from lightbinder being far enough down their tree.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

I gave this a shot on a whim. Just got through the first mission before having to log out. If anyone wants a new player in their pantheon or wants to add me in any way. I am Lauzian Kiannodel.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

If anyone is looking for easy/fast class sparks. I would suggest running Okki Island squad. It's rather short, trash is easy, has 4 bosses and they're all rather easy as well. There's a boss before the final one, opposite the path to the final boss down by a beach.

The 11th will also see a HUGE update with prestige scaling, so, grouping with people will be loads easier

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

personally am a huge fan of port naori for sparks farming, i feel like okki island takes too long but maybe i'm just gimp (sitting at like 9500 prestiege)

i'm really starting to enjoy this game but i hope that they really really tune down how prestige works, the fact that you can essentially ruin your character is very off putting lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    personally am a huge fan of port naori for sparks farming, i feel like okki island takes too long but maybe i'm just gimp (sitting at like 9500 prestiege)

i'm really starting to enjoy this game but i hope that they really really tune down how prestige works, the fact that you can essentially ruin your character is very off putting lol
    I just hit 2k prestige today (still crashing every 15 minutes, wtf game) and I didn't know you could ruin your character. What should I avoid?

Was a sorta outdated-ish guide posted a bit back. I think the big things were don't invest in Might (for now) and don't rush through Pantheon activities. Otherwise, your rating gets too bloated relative to your actual build efficacy so things are harder than they should be. It fixes itself eventually, but it's a lowbie killer. Symptoms seemed to show around 6k prestige or so.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Was a sorta outdated-ish guide posted a bit back. I think the big things were don't invest in Might (for now) and don't rush through Pantheon activities. Otherwise, your rating gets too bloated relative to your actual build efficacy so things are harder than they should be. It fixes itself eventually, but it's a lowbie killer. Symptoms seemed to show around 6k prestige or so.
    Ah i'm not even in a pantheon, did you guys end up setting one up?

Dunno if they did or not. Haven't had much time to play, myself.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm sure it's been mentioned already but, the first time you purchase any amount of Argents (even the $3 package) you get a permanent mount and 500 replicators. Wish I knew about it before doing the first two zones mountless

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I just hit 2k prestige today (still crashing every 15 minutes, wtf game) and I didn't know you could ruin your character. What should I avoid?
    to add to what was said, you also should try and equip rings that give the exact same stats because of how the replicators work, i.e strength and spirit rings x4

edit: forgot to say you can't really "ruin" your character i shouldnt be that brash, but you can make it so that your prestige is inflated and things will be much much harder for you than others.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Holy fuck at the first "Group" instances. What a gigantic fucking waste of time. People are too dense to focus or listen to alternative strategies.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Holy fuck at the first "Group" instances. What a gigantic fucking waste of time. People are too dense to focus or listen to alternative strategies.
    what issues were you having? Group instances can be worth it if it has the 2x or 3x bonus. You'll get like 2k-3k sparks lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

if you mean 5man, yeah they are rough especially the first run through, the trash also needs to be severely toned down in them imo. 3mans should be relatively easy.

the first/only time i had issues in 3 mans was at lanber catacombs because someone would always die and we would not have DPS for the adds but we eventually got it

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah I'm referencing the 5 man group instances. Tried it (very first one) at Hard and that was a disaster so I went down to the 1* (very easy) and the 3 mob "tough" packs were still wrecking people. Just a painful slog. Don't know if I had terrible tanks and other DPS not focusing but it really didn't feel worth reward.

Granted the bosses were very straight forward and no issue at all really, but that "trash"... dear lord.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

yeah the trash is rough, usually it just comes down to having a decent tank, usually i just leave and re queue if the first couple pulls don't go well. also be wary of 5mans because a lot of people will queue as a support or tank and then switch to a DPS which ruins the run for everyone essentially.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

If you have a paladin tank, he needs to be specced appropriately or else it will be absolute garbage. He also needs to understand his role and not try and worry about DPSing at all and just focus on keeping his personal bubbles up as much as possible. The support role is just that, support. A lightbinder is, essentially, an extra OHSHIT button for the tank in case things go wrong. And I also buff up the DPS to burn down mobs. From experiencing a bad tank and a good tank, one that relies on me and my bubbles/damage resist moves is a bad one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Most the early game tanks arent actually trying to be tanky, they are just there to take up a class spot. Its not until 6k+ that you start finding decent tanks with double the life of dps. Another thing to note is that pally and lightbinder shields are based on %'s of their life. However the top support(Fully specced) would be an alchemist because they get a MASSIVE dps increase buff (80% or more). i saw a screenshot online of what the alchemist buff did. the stat gains were absolutely insane. The alchemist symbol is fantastic as fuck for any class as well, chance on hit to gain 15% damage increase. which couples well with archers, 15% damage increase aboev 50% health. Most classes actually gain damage as the mob drops below 50% but archer dps actually drops. I still love my archer though.

On a side note. I just completely fucked up my launcher, manually moved my files, clicked delete, didnt realize it deleted my executeable, and then i found the button to move my installation folder >.< now i have to download 14 gigs

If anyone in interested in necro, heres a nice video explaining a nice build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEgfjzJUh58

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

pvp feels so wildly imbalanced in this game, makes me angry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast