FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Alright! unlocked godmode. and then got jewed out of raids and anomolies because they are 36k and spark cap (even though i havent hit my cap yet, im like 4k away at 32.5) its not happenin this week. and those fucking developers took out invasions the week i get god mode too of course. that shit is supposed to last longer.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Recently started playing and loving this game so far. I started lightbinder and have a question about the atlas and not screwing myself over. It sounds like I should go all the way through the lightbinder tree to unlock a symbol slot first (my next plan is alchemist), so while doing that should I be using my rgb sparks to progress the paladin line or should I use them on the main atlas towards alchemist or should I just hoard them? I'm at about 1.5k prestige now, just did lanbrath (sp?) open world part last night and finally got to where mobs can pose a threat if I don't pay attention so I don't imagine things are going to get any easier now, but I didn't mind being a glowy orb cannon for the dps people running around killing for me lol.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

if you want alchemist start to make your way towards it with your sparks. Once you get to a certain point in the class atlas, you will use class sparks and no longer use colored sparks.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i need to read up more about these changes, i have no idea what is going on in this patch as far as what's best for the cores is now

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Decided to try it out for the hell of it... from the looks like it, its going to be a pain the ass epic grind to unlock other classes >.> A little glitchy (mount too big, can't fit through door wtf! also floating heads if talk to a npc fast enough that disappears), a little grindy, not too bad.

Also, the game rates a Nvidia 980 Ti very low for a graphics card even though its 40fps+ at 4K on max settings ;/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

never had the floating head issue, you're also somewhat "leveling up" while you work your way to unlock classes so it's not as big of a deal, also you can probably unlock anything within the first week of cap now with the catch up program

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Really hope the next event doesn't mirror the Russian version. Really don't want this game to go P2W

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    never had the floating head issue, you're also somewhat "leveling up" while you work your way to unlock classes so it's not as big of a deal, also you can probably unlock anything within the first week of cap now with the catch up program
    trying to unlock witch, I did the "find path" thing .. and well considering how far it is and the obscene costs of talents... don't think I'm getting there this week unless the "weekly limits" is lying to me and I can go far far past it (like probably need 10,000 more balance/whatever cubes)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

ah, yeah witch will probably take 2 weeks sorry lol. i'm pretty sure that one is the one that takes the most to unlock

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

ah, yeah witch will probably take 2 weeks sorry lol. i'm pretty sure that one is the one that takes the most to unlock
    Randomly, my limit on everything reset today (except credits) so I may actually get .. kinda close I guess O_o
    catch up program kicking in I guess?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

maybe, i haven't really paid attention lately as i can't find solid information anywhere on how to progress my atlas after the patch. the catch up program is when you see a 3man dungeon with the 3 spark symbol that says "bonus" or something by it, usually 3000 or 7000

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

maybe, i haven't really paid attention lately as i can't find solid information anywhere on how to progress my atlas after the patch. the catch up program is when you see a 3man dungeon with the 3 spark symbol that says "bonus" or something by it, usually 3000 or 7000
    I did notice some... unknown cube type currency (shows up as pink circles) on some parts the atlas like some sort of road blocks... I just go around them >.>

Although going through this 1 atlas area where each node is like 600-800 cubes to unlock each circle is kind of brutal.... thank god there is only one in my path to witch

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

yeah you can't get past those until you unlock god mode, the pink nodes that is

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

i do have premium, i bought the collectors edition so i have like 60 days or something.

it literally takes a few hours to cap at higher prestiege, on top of the fact that i'm sitting on

Spoiler: show

so i'll cap instantly after the reset for sparks of evo

edit: apparently without premium you can't get sparks of evo, so i'm not sure how long it takes to cap on class sparks without premium but sparks of insight is literally no time at all
    Actually.. you can get sparks of evolution without premium.

Random info from just starting the game (with 3 day free premium I got from some quest included).

Took about 5 days to use the credit limit
    took about 4 days to use up all the sparks of insight (although I randomly got a bonus 5,000 added to my limit at some point.
    took about 6 days to get all class sparks
    and almost got all mastery on day 6, since it resets at night it'll probably be capped also.

I pretty much desynthed everything I got, since I'm playing ffxiv styill + raiding + work.

I'm sure next week it won't take too long to cap since I have a better idea of what I'm doing, and also at 7000ish prestige thing

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can't get them as you normally would is what he means. With premium enabled you get Sparks of Evolution in place of normal class sparks when you cap out the class that you're playing on and receive a regular class spark drop. Without premium, you can only get them as a mission bonus (I've yet to see more than one of these, and it was for 100 of them only), promo class drops, and from Anomalies.

Later on when you run out of first completion bonuses, it takes a lot longer to cap without Premium. Especially class sparks. Unless you get a good Pantheon that can do Group dungeons with you, it'll suck dicks trying to get 30-50k Sparks of Insight when all you get is 150-200 of them per Adventure. You're also getting a replicator bonus right now, the newer your account and further you are from the "average" Prestige, the more your replicators do for you. That will start to go away as you progress.

Since they buffed Class Spark drops, they aren't -as bad- as they used to be... but still takes a lot of grinding once your cap raises sufficiently. Kinda wish there were ways to get either a bonus to spark gains as your cap raises or a reasonably large sum of spark replicators.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Can't get them as you normally would is what he means. With premium enabled you get Sparks of Evolution in place of normal class sparks when you cap out the class that you're playing on and receive a regular class spark drop. Without premium, you can only get them as a mission bonus (I've yet to see more than one of these, and it was for 100 of them only), promo class drops, and from Anomalies.

Later on when you run out of first completion bonuses, it takes a lot longer to cap without Premium. Especially class sparks. Unless you get a good Pantheon that can do Group dungeons with you, it'll suck dicks trying to get 30-50k Sparks of Insight when all you get is 150-200 of them per Adventure. You're also getting a replicator bonus right now, the newer your account and further you are from the "average" Prestige, the more your replicators do for you. That will start to go away as you progress.

Since they buffed Class Spark drops, they aren't -as bad- as they used to be... but still takes a lot of grinding once your cap raises sufficiently. Kinda wish there were ways to get either a bonus to spark gains as your cap raises or a reasonably large sum of spark replicators.
    Yeah I had about 2,500ish replicators after the reset... unfortunately not enough to unlock witch, still need like 1,000 total ;/ May grind mechanoids and finish up the... mastery sparks and hope it can get me enough prestige to get a capsule of insight toward unlocking witch. Saving class sparks for the possibility I can unlock witch atm, so haven't 0'ed that out yet. But in 1 day, without premium I think I got pretty far.

day 1, down to 250K ish credit limit
    day 1 down to 0 insight
    class sparks like 3,000?
    mastery 6,000

randomly, I was getting a very small amount of sparks of evolution from the 5 man raid "hunts" island (like 1-5 without premium)

also, only recently found out... you can do missions for adepts (and claim rewards, even do the grand pix) from their website , why no one tell me this before! Could of been doing that stuff at work

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

and i thought anime had some odd anti gravity boobs, but dam does skyforge take it to the next level

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images14/...8-54-57-65.jpg

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

uninstalled when i saw they were taking the same temple p2w thing that russia did, RIP skyforge you were a good filler

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Figured they would. Ded game is ded

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

uninstalled when i saw they were taking the same temple p2w thing that russia did, RIP skyforge you were a good filler
    whazzat?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast