Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's pretty much the exact same thing as the Grand Prix/RU event. Unless you play 15+ hours a day you won't be getting that token without paying. Remember how difficult it was to get Dual Spec (let alone the mount) from Grand Prix? This is even worse than that, and it provides a significant boost to your actual stats whereas Dual Spec was more a QoL thing in most situations.

Someone mathed out Dual Spec/mount a while ago:

Well 500 medals of victory costs 1250 argents

So 7,000 will cost 17,500 argents

If you buy 24,000 argents for $25

That works out to $18.22

Edit: Just got the second mission with victor medals so it's looking like 3-3.5 per week so on the generous side 30-35 weeks of cashless farming unless you can get more in god form.

Or however fast you can farm 17,500 argents less the 70/week

F2P is getting way too damn expensive for me.

*note I am paying for premium, which is complete effing garbage. I don't mind paying a sub to support a game but I damn well expect something for it. Not a f*ing game company trying see how much they can take off me.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

so much potential wasted

i can even afford to pay (not trying to brag)

and i bought premium and some argents to support the game, i just can't get behind that shit

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

So... the new event.

Apparently those "temple upgrade" items will stay there even after the event. However I tried the event myself since I had some argents and decent amount of cash from grinding and selling the 250capsules.

spending about 3,000 argents and about 300,000credits I "almost" have enough for the first temple in the event. I hear some people got a lucky 500 progress/12K argents bonus though and finished it up quick.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Atm, using the current average medals gained per argent/credit spent (there's a few data collection threads over on reddit), it would mathematically take approximately 11.25 months to get both Optimizers without using Argents, and that's 11.25 months of not being able to spend credits on Pantheon or stat progression.

Alternatively, it costs an average of 55,000 argents to get both optimizers; if you're lucky, it takes less, if you get fucked, it can take even more. It's a lottery even if you pay.

Shit design, and it all falls down to the way the lockouts are designed to begin with: credit cap limits the amount of credits you can spend on a per week basis. EVERYTHING costs credits, including every facet (including the most efficient, i.e. Ritual Stone) of stat growth. You can circumvent this by paying Argents instead of credits. This means that a player who pays Argents will outpace a player who does not extremely rapidly, and in this game that means a lot with the way Prestige scaling works in both PvE and PvP.

And fyi, the next event's jackpot prizes are Might Efficiency+ symbols. That's huge. They are directly charging money for stats. You're either spending all of your credits for several months to get the event stat boost items, thus making it so you can't spend credits on your Atlas, Ritual Stone, etc. or you're buying Argents to either put into Atlas, Ritual Stone, etc. or to buy lottery tickets toward the event stat items. If you don't pay, you're losing stats no matter what you do, and if you do pay, you gain them above someone who doesn't pay.

You can argue that right now having the equivalent of a couple of extra epic rings worth of stats, or 10% extra Might, or whatever else they add in the future isn't gamebreaking and won't give a distinct advantage. First off, that is arguable. Second, this will all compound. The more events they add with these stat items, the more they will begin to stack up and the more paying players will be ahead of the ones who don't buy all of the Argents needed to get all of these items. It is an inevitable P2Per getting bloated stats vs F2Per or hybrid F/P2Per having a disparately low set of stats situation. It's going to spiral out of control sooner rather than later, and a case can be made that it has already begun to.

Definition of Pay to Win, pretty much. It's a sad state of affairs, because I like the gameplay and atmosphere. The model fucks it too much for me to bother continuing though. Unless, of course, you're comfortable with spending $25-100 every month on stats in order to stay ahead of the curve.

tl;dr

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

yeah that does sound pretty bad. Also with "some" saved up credits and all, I was able to finally finish up and get the first thing... it'll be forever for the 2nd one unless some miracle happens from one the 8 hour runs.

Currently I'm planning on just hanging around the under 30K bracket where pay2win probably will have the least influence considering you can only fit so many symbols/stats onto yourself and there aren't too many crazy overpowered people except 1 I ran into... (and she has like 20-25K hp less then anyone else in the groups so I can nearly 1 shot her now anyway) >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Stay below 30.5k as long as you can. That's probably the most fun I had in this game - once I hit the upper prestige a few weeks back (68k+), I just lost all interest in the game and quit due to how horrible anomalies are and how boring distortion "raids" are. The upcoming pay2win events that were on the horizon back then was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

That and PvP balance becomes an even bigger joke in the post god form bracket on top of PvE queues becoming almost non-existent so you're forced to run with a premade.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

yeah... pvp will be hilarious before I hit 30K at the rate I get sparks...

50% armor penetration
    22% crushing blow
    33%crit (40with slayer)
    +36% damage opener damage
    alchemist +15% damage
    kinetic impulse +10% damage
    crit dot, impulse dot, witch dot
    pally symbol
    lb symbol
    accuracy temples and +str/crit boosting symbols

tanks just melt from it (and most anything else) especially if I open up pressing R key with damage buff on that one capture points map

It is getting to a point though that it is nearly impossible to use up all the extra sparks they give per week though (red/blue/green ones). This weeks bonus is 60,000... was hard enough doing 30,000 last week

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    tl;dr

Saw this in the random images thread, think its relevant

also, had a question... does the "weekly limits" keep piling up if you don't "use it" up?

I heard like the 500K credits keep going up but what about class sparks? If you took like 3 weeks break, would your limit be like 6,000 class sparks or something? or do you need to "get it" and have 0 limit or lose it?

Pretty much every MMO with some kind of weekly currency cap never has unused carry over. If you don't get X in a week, the X-Y you don't get is effectively lost forever. So, enjoy that time crunch grind.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

it carries over

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Pretty much every MMO with some kind of weekly currency cap never has unused carry over. If you don't get X in a week, the X-Y you don't get is effectively lost forever. So, enjoy that time crunch grind.
    yeah but ya know.. FFXIV and its "red scrips" weekly cap *cough cough* dosen't carry over qq

Also thanks for the pic, nice to see it does carry over... its getting rough trying to cap... (although now I'm getting insight sparks EVEN when I do something that doesn't have any... wat)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

yeah rewards for stuff will occasionally be buggy, always press f10 to make sure the rewards were what you queued for. (i think it's f10, honestly haven't logged on in a month or so)

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Stay below 30.5k as long as you can. That's probably the most fun I had in this game - once I hit the upper prestige a few weeks back (68k+), I just lost all interest in the game and quit due to how horrible anomalies are and how boring distortion "raids" are. The upcoming pay2win events that were on the horizon back then was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

That and PvP balance becomes an even bigger joke in the post god form bracket on top of PvE queues becoming almost non-existent so you're forced to run with a premade.
    Got to enjoy the game while you can under 30K...

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images14/...0-11-50-51.jpg

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Game is getting some big changes in addition to an expansion this fall.

https://mmos.com/news/skyforges-bigg...ics-raid-class

-removal of weekly caps
    -rework of the combat system, all monster moves will be dodgable
    -ability to cut off monster parts
    -new class, based around cowboys
    -new progression map that makes progressing through the game much less complicated and adds additional bonuses to exploration

Other stuff too but this is what I remember at the moment

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Yup, people are freaking out about no cps atm, especially those that poured a ton of irl cash on the game haha. Those that didn't... well their celebrating

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Those that didn't... well their celebrating
    <this guy \o/

this is the kinda patch i've been waiting for

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    <this guy \o/

this is the kinda patch i've been waiting for
    I'm guilty of spending $25... after 1 year+ >.>

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

sounds interesting, might have to give it another shot once this launches

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Didn't this game flop? I've heard nothing but bad things, is it actually good?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    Didn't this game flop? I've heard nothing but bad things, is it actually good?
    I would say its playable