+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    i do have premium, i bought the collectors edition so i have like 60 days or something.

it literally takes a few hours to cap at higher prestiege, on top of the fact that i'm sitting on

Spoiler: show

so i'll cap instantly after the reset for sparks of evo

edit: apparently without premium you can't get sparks of evo, so i'm not sure how long it takes to cap on class sparks without premium but sparks of insight is literally no time at all
    Spoiler: show

Yea....I'm kind of addicted to PVP.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Sweet jeezzzusss

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

How are you dudes capping R/B/G sparks so quickly? I'm around 7k Prestige and I'm coming nowhere near the caps. Good thing they increase every week.

If you get a 3x adventure it's a huge payout, class sparks off Port Naori's first boss is painless enough and first time adventuring in open zones is fuel enough but are the huge payouts all tied up in 5mans?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    How are you dudes capping R/B/G sparks so quickly? I'm around 7k Prestige and I'm coming nowhere near the caps. Good thing they increase every week.

If you get a 3x adventure it's a huge payout, class sparks off Port Naori's first boss is painless enough and first time adventuring in open zones is fuel enough but are the huge payouts all tied up in 5mans?
    I can cap in about a day of solid adventuring. I just look for what I need. I also have premium and a shitload of spark replicators so that speeds things up

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I can cap in about a day of solid adventuring. I just look for what I need. I also have premium and a shitload of spark replicators so that speeds things up
    Pretty much this, also 10v10 isn't a bad use of time. I wouldn't worry about capping just play the game as you get to higher prestige you'll hit the cap easy. I hit 21k this week but now I'm sitting on my hands unless I want to push for small equipment upgrades

5man 3x with premium and replicators can give over 2k sparks of insight

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

I've been playing for about 2 weeks now and I am curious about the best method to fill out the ascencion atlas. Is it better to fill in an entire section to move on or move to unlock other classes? I know other classes have their own atlas's to earn more prestige. Right now I just have the 3 main classes unlocked around 4k prestige.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

depending on what class you want to "main" generally you want to go after specific symbols. DPS prioritizes on kinetic/archer symbols from class symbols as well as lacerated wounds/maximum recoil and in some instances ultimate strength also mark of death but that's a ways off if you're 4k prestige.

i would just google whatever class you think you want to play the most and look at a guide and go from there, nothing is really set and stone and we have balance patches inc, but that's what i'd suggest

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Played Kinetic in one of the bonus missions today and man I was terrible at that... really don't understand the flow of that class. Seemed way under-powered but probably just the build.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

kinetic has the highest DPS potential in the game they are just insanely squishy

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Played Kinetic in one of the bonus missions today and man I was terrible at that... really don't understand the flow of that class. Seemed way under-powered but probably just the build.
    It's just the build. If you want to see what it can do, run an adventure with me and I can show ya ;P

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

I've been meandering toward Archer at the moment but I have played with some kinetics and it looks fun too so its good that those are good jobs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Well, I found out all my shield power chapels are fucking useless as lightbinder. People did some testing and it affects shields cast on YOU not shields you cast on others. So, it's way more of a paladin trait. Freaking waste... ugh

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

that sucks. I have already had to reroll some of my chapels myself. its a PITA. at least once i get god form it wont be as bad. you get x2 tablets rings and pommels. Im at about 18k right now myself. i just pushed myself about 2k upwards buying argents and pushing my temples. i am literally sitting right next to berserker, so fucking pissed about that, im 2 spaces off. =/ As you get higher in priestiege it gets easier to cap despite your cap also going up. Rewards are higher etc etc.
    I had a x2 as archer earlier. that build they had pissed me off SO fucking much, i went archer from 5-13k priestiege with my own build and the fucking one they give you didnt even have easy targets!. like what the fuck thats easily 20-40% of your dps right there. why the fuck would a god damn archer solo need to break sheilds anyway. 500% damage to shields is a worthless fucking talent when solo.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    that sucks. I have already had to reroll some of my chapels myself. its a PITA. at least once i get god form it wont be as bad. you get x2 tablets rings and pommels. Im at about 18k right now myself. i just pushed myself about 2k upwards buying argents and pushing my temples. i am literally sitting right next to berserker, so fucking pissed about that, im 2 spaces off. =/ As you get higher in priestiege it gets easier to cap despite your cap also going up. Rewards are higher etc etc.
    I had a x2 as archer earlier. that build they had pissed me off SO fucking much, i went archer from 5-13k priestiege with my own build and the fucking one they give you didnt even have easy targets!. like what the fuck thats easily 20-40% of your dps right there. why the fuck would a god damn archer solo need to break sheilds anyway. 500% damage to shields is a worthless fucking talent when solo.
    Did you go into that adventure as Archer or were you a different class? I'm pretty sure I did one that required kinetic and I went as my kinetic build and romped through it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    same exact thing happened to me, the nodes around the berserker one are super expensive.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bladen Ansgar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Exodar

So what exactly determines the difficulty rating on the group finder? I've been trying Very Easy's all day and can't kill a damn thing. I am 6k prestige with 600 profiency. Tank gets eaten in seconds, dps can't kill a damn thing. This is ridiculous.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

All group dungeons are now "normal" after the prestige scaling update. At least that's the way I understood the patch notes.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Normal for group finder, but can still do hard/impossible with a premade

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Yes, that's correct. You might be getting really low prestige tanks/dps that don't know what they're doing and they're being scaled to your level. Which is fine. But they might not have chapel bonuses/no traits unlocked/garbage abilities.

You may as well solo very easy adventures. You might not get any loot though

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    Did you go into that adventure as Archer or were you a different class? I'm pretty sure I did one that required kinetic and I went as my kinetic build and romped through it.
    I went in as their build, and it didnt take my build. The build they had was garbage, electric shot did 500% damage to shields instead of easy targets doing 600% damage to burning targets. etc etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast