Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lowman DMv2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Lowman DMv2

Looking for strategies and ideas to set up shouts for DMv2. On Bahamut we have basically only 3 LS do DMv2. Two of them always do it internally while only the 3rd you have a chance to join the shout once every blue moon.

I fancy the idea to rather do a "NORMAL" run that will start up quick and has a high chance of success when shouting rather than trying to fill it with 18 and potentially taking hours.

My general idea without any practical data so far would be:

PT1: 2x PLD 2x WHM 1x RDM 1x THF maybe?
    PT2: 3x RNG 1x BRD 1xCOR 1x something?

This should work to clear DMv2 on NORMAL with RNG and BRD being not top geared? Anything to cut out? I see a few shouts from JPs that say 6 man but looking only for the most decked out people.

What's the lowest lowman DMv2 you did on Difficult? E-penis bragging highly encouraged.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Single tank on normal or difficult should be pretty trivial. Cuts out a PLD and WHM. THF is entirely unneccessary. Have RNGs Bounty Shot. Your setup seems pretty reasonable otherwise. And as always, make sure RNG are /NIN. It'll make Taru 10x faster, and avoid any mishaps for the others.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Single tank should be tanking like this. Careful with hate. Normal is easily done 6man. Difficult you may need few more people to clear all 5.

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...55b0761efb.jpg

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Can you explain the logic behind "this" a little more?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think he just means that they should all be grouped up in front of you. If you notice, he centered them in a narrow part of the hallway.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Any special trick to get them to stack up neatly? Use a wall to hug and walk back?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

...something that every tank "should already" know.

Either way, PLD, WHM, TFH + PLD, BRD, WHM, 3x RNG can clear DM 2.0 in Difficult. (or at least 4/5... tarutaru depends if rngs know how to avoid dying there)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    ...something that every tank "should already" know.
    I'm calculating with people I will pick up in a /yell - nothing is certain.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Make sure your pld either has a tool to prevent knockback or repulse mantle btw. PLD RNG RNG RNG BRD WHM can easily clear normals. Often times one of the RNG wasn't optimal either, so could probably cut out a RNG and still full clear if you have really good people. Also you don't need to full clear difficults for them to be worthwhile if you can still 6man them, since you have a 100% drop rate on stuff. Might be worth considering if you can bring a solid small group that can take out a few of them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Make sure your pld either has a tool to prevent knockback
    Ya... no... not going there. I need foolproof basic Strats workable even with console jockeys. Does Repulse eat everything from AAs?

Mostly aiming for Earrings & Bodies in the DMs. The 100% stuff is secondary.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yes, that's why I mentioned repulse mantle. Was just an either or thing. It blocks every single knockback from AAs. Shield bash/havoc spiral spam would make supertanking very problematic for rng strat without.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The setup in the OP should be able to clear 4/5 on D if they're any competent, just make sure the guy holding the AAs has them lined up with Ochain and there's very little chance of dying unless GK goes mad before he's pulled or something rly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Looking for strategies and ideas to set up shouts for DMv2. On Bahamut we have basically only 3 LS do DMv2. Two of them always do it internally while only the 3rd you have a chance to join the shout once every blue moon.

I fancy the idea to rather do a "NORMAL" run that will start up quick and has a high chance of success when shouting rather than trying to fill it with 18 and potentially taking hours.

My general idea without any practical data so far would be:

PT1: 2x PLD 2x WHM 1x RDM 1x THF maybe?
    PT2: 3x RNG 1x BRD 1xCOR 1x something?

This should work to clear DMv2 on NORMAL with RNG and BRD being not top geared? Anything to cut out? I see a few shouts from JPs that say 6 man but looking only for the most decked out people.

What's the lowest lowman DMv2 you did on Difficult? E-penis bragging highly encouraged.
    I've done several 5 man DM it is very easy; gimp Ochain PLD afk supertanking while 2 DD pick up mobs one by one.

Set-up was MNK MNK WHM BRD PLD THF (just there for lol TH).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

On what difficulty? Just curious

And really, don't waste slot on a THF if you're taking RNG. Particularly if you're not completely comfortable with your RNG's output. You're much better off with more damage, and unless some new data has come up, TH3 is still all that's important

Relic Shield
    BG Level

normal difficulty. can replace PLD by any meat body really (MNK in full DT); PLD is the lazy way of doing it.

You still get 2-3 mats and 2-3 rare/ex drops on normal difficulty.