Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Whats with the clusterfuck items in the .dats Spira? Some of those weapons look unique, maybe used August's peeps? I see Morimar's Axe there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    On a side note, Mob's aggro range is 30 yalms, we ended up with around 18k/CP each run, and mobs hit really hard even on "normal" difficulty.
    Outside of when protect and shell were dispelled, normal mob didn't really hit hard for us. And now we got our instanced job point farm! I believe it us the whole cirda map!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Brash Gramk-Droog could be considered as the "Mega Boss" of Incursion. Although you don't need to kill more than one NM (guarding a teleport) to reach him once you know where is his room.

Galumph : AoE magic damage (probably earth based?) + Attack Down
    Crocstratophy : AoE Magic damage (probably earth based) + Amnesia
    Coming Through : Cone physical attack + Knockback + ?
    Merciless Mauling : Cone physical attack + Strip Weapon
    Velkkan Ambush : Single target physical attack (4 hits) + ?
    Battle Trance : Calls 8 adds (7 Velkks + 1 Puk). This move can be used at any % and is instant. I didn't check if it gives buffs to the boss.
    Mighty Strikes multiple times. Some of his TP moves can reach 2,5k under MS.
    One of his melee hits has AoE Bind effect.
    Stun works.

We didn't get any drop, just KI and a title (Suchian Feller)

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Whats with the clusterfuck items in the .dats Spira? Some of those weapons look unique, maybe used August's peeps? I see Morimar's Axe there.
    Probably weapons from august and his 11 friends? They came together.. No animation whatsoever.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Durs-Vike's coffer: Lifestream cape with Geo. skill +4, Indi. eff. dur. +12, Pet: DT -1% augment.

Gramk-Droog's coffer: Pastoralist's mantle with STR +1 DEX +1 and Acc. +3. Gunslinger cape with 5 MAB, -5 enm, -2 Phantom roll and 2% WSD.

(Gramk-Droog was the large model Velkk, but wasn't overly hard from what I noticed.)

Ignor-Mnt coffer: Olseni Belt.

Ymmr-Ulvid coffer: Arendsi Fleuret.

Grand coffers have a chance to drop the CP cape with 38%+ CP, the NQ only range from in the 20s as far as I've seen. It seems all NM coffers have a chance to drop a JSE cape with augments, but remains to be seen if specific jobs come from specific NMs.

Getting all 6 KI and trading them into the NPC causes the content level to go up by only 1(123>124) and you lose all KI and I assume waypoint warps inside too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Uh oh looks like Mal has got a new geo piece to get

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Something vaguely interesting I noticed when trying to find that "30-second mithra" for the new quest by poking around in the .dats for dialogue: there's a whole stream of conversation either at the end of that quest (haven't finished it yet, so I'm not sure), or just below the text for that quest, that hand-holds you through the ERGISADE puzzle, giving the order, the ROT13 bit, etc. It's at or about index 10724 in 5/102.

So I guess they didn't want anyone to miss out on the 10k bayld or whatever it was. Though at this point you can just read the riddle and know what it's talking about directly from the last batch of missions, so it's probably more of a "if you noticed that clutter on those old KIs, this is what it was for" thing.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

wow, that cor cape

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    Pastoralist's mantle with STR +1 DEX +1 and Acc. +3
    Maybe lolBst, but that's the first cape reported to not be loaded with job specific type of improvements. Disheartening that you can get lucky enough to not only get the cape you want, but you also have to win the roll and not get dumb stats like that.

That Geo one is cool for sure, but find myself more excited for Indi +duration than the skill. Skill tiers gave such slight upgrades previously that even if you hit a tier of say Frailty, you'd get an extra -0.1% def or whatever. Though I don't think they've really been retested since they changed many of the spells. Can't complain about more skill I suppose. Current cap with all merits and gear sans cape augs is 828 combined skill, dunno off hand if any tiers would be broken by 4ish more skill.

Color me excited if that pet -DT can be Fast Cast or Conserve MP instead though.

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    Getting all 6 KI and trading them into the NPC causes the content level to go up by only 1(123>124) and you lose all KI and I assume waypoint warps inside too.
    Has anyone tried this yet? Won't have the LS group goin til the weekend, was curious if choosing the difficulty becomes a permanent option for you after trading in the KIs, or if it's only for one run.

Campaign
    BG Level

What I wonder is: once a person has unlocked ilevel 124, can that person re-access 124 whenever they want, or do they need to gather 6 KIs over and over?
    I suppose it's the first, because the latter doesn't make much sense to me.

I imagine it to be like a flow where you make it harder in small steps until you reach the max difficulty cap, whatever it is.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It stays at ilevel 124. I don't think there's an option to downgrade ilevel once you trade KIs, so keep that in mind.

The warps inside are determined by the leader entering. Someone with 0 KI can still use all the NM warps as long as the person who enters has them.

Was wrong about the non-NM grand coffers giving better base augments on the CP mantles, seems it's wildly random regardless of coffer. Had 3-4 from grand coffers with ~16% CP and junk augs.

Assuming higher difficulty gives higher and higher chance at NM grand coffers, and assuming NM grand coffers give better chance at good loot/augments, I can see farming for this event being not too terrible. Would think at the highest difficulty coffers have a significantly higher drop rate and you can warp around from NM to NM ignoring all the fodder mobs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FYI I made an Incursion Thread to keep all this info in a single place.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Probably weapons from august and his 11 friends? They came together.. No animation whatsoever.
    Looking back through my screenshots, I can confirm that most of the weapons in those images are wielded by Adoulin et. al. in the new quest. There are a couple inconsistencies (I'm not finding Yorcia's daggers or Marjami's swords in Spira's images for example, although it's possible that they're there and have simply gotten lost in the mix), and there are also a few weapons I don't recall seeing in the cutscenes such as the staff and the bow. Overall however, there are enough commonalities (Ceizak's Sandung, Jorius' club, Hennetiel's polearm, Cirdas' sword, Yahse's greataxe, Rala's Dunna) that I tend to agree that the weapons in those images are likely tied to August and his companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan_Kujata View Post
    Something vaguely interesting I noticed when trying to find that "30-second mithra" for the new quest by poking around in the .dats for dialogue: there's a whole stream of conversation either at the end of that quest (haven't finished it yet, so I'm not sure), or just below the text for that quest, that hand-holds you through the ERGISADE puzzle, giving the order, the ROT13 bit, etc. It's at or about index 10724 in 5/102.

So I guess they didn't want anyone to miss out on the 10k bayld or whatever it was. Though at this point you can just read the riddle and know what it's talking about directly from the last batch of missions, so it's probably more of a "if you noticed that clutter on those old KIs, this is what it was for" thing.
    At the end of the quest it's revealed who was responsible for creating that "ERGISADE" puzzle. The character referenced the fact that I had already managed to solve it, so I would venture to guess that the text you found appears for players who have yet to solve the puzzle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6