+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: World Championships 2014     submit to reddit submit to twitter

yeah that first baron was...awful

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Fiddlesticks! It's totally going to blow up, but if it works Insec will look like such a boss. Not a bad comp for it.

i swear to god chinese oriannas...

it would seem OMG got impatient and gave up split pushing...man what a sloppy sequence
    edit: what the fuck is happening

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

This is why I always love teams with Insec. It's not good LOL, but it's aggressive, it's greedy, and it's fun to watch.

if OMG wouldn't have gone supergreed and left that third inhib tower alone they probably would have won, but they didnt and that was really fun to watch, if not a big frustrating lol

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Alright! SHRC won't make the finals competitive, but they'll make them fun.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I enjoyed insecs champ pool this series.

Khazix
    Khazix
    Fiddle
    Khazix
    Pantheon

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I really hope he pulls out Shaco in the finals. He played it at least once in LPL this year.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

That was the best series so far IMO. Going greedy never seemed to have worked out for anyone lol.

Are we going to get a boring sweep this year or are we going to get an enjoyable BO5?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Are we going to get a boring sweep this year or are we going to get an enjoyable BO5?
    I think it will be a more exciting sweep than last year, but it will almost definitely be a sweep. White looks so damn good right now.

I really hope it is a decent set. Last year was EXTREMELY boring .

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

The difference is last year's Royal Club was very conservative. They couldn't match up in lane with SKT, so they fell behind and tried to stall out, but just weren't able to do it. This year's Royal Club doesn't give a fuck. Even if they lose lanes and are behind against White, they'll dive as deep as they can to try and get back in it by team fighting. It won't work, and it will probably be a sweep, but they will at least go down fighting this time.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They might end up taking a game if they get a kill and a 3 buff start from an invade.

I don't get a lot of the bans. There were games earlier where they continuously let specific players pick Twitch who had just dominated with the champ a game before. Same with allowing Jayce.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

My guess is that they feel they know that person's approach and/or like it better than something they've seened in scrims.

It's the only thing that makes sense.

Cause why else would you want someone who dominates at the champ play the same champ again?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Assuming you're talking about Samsung White games here, because Pawn is the only one really playing Jayce. What are you expecting them to do about bans? In the case of that Pawn's Jayce, Blue had to ban out Zilean because they didn't have an answer to his OP style, and they have to ban Alistar because he's broken in that patch and they don't play him. They tried to use their third ban to take Trist away from Imp, figuring that there was more counterplay against Twitch with good warding. It didn't work out, but that's the thought process. They finally ban Jayce for the last game, and Pawn goes 11/0/5 on Fizz. I guess what I'm saying is that no matter what Blue banned, it would look like a bad idea in hindsight. White has too many players with deep champion pools to be able to effectively ban out anything except current OPs and maybe one champion that you don't want to try and deal with.

The TSM series was fairly similar. TSM consistently banned Zilean regardless of side, so that shows they simply can't play against or with it. That's a logical ban. They took out Maokai and Alistar every time on blue side. Alistar is fairly obvious, and the Maokai ban actually worked out decently. The first game Looper picked Ryze and did well, but in game 3 he had a poor showing on Mundo. Both teams banned Rumble on blue side every game. Their gameplan only allowed for one flex ban on blue side, and they used them on Thresh and Ryze. Mata dominated game 1 with Thresh, which drew that ban in game 2. The game 4 blue side Ryze ban was really the only questionable ban from them all series. Their plan was clearly to focus on Looper's champion pool, and they did that in every ban phase. If you want to criticize their pre-planned pick/ban strategy going into the series, that's another discussion. TSM's bans were perfectly in line with what they set out to try and do that series, however.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Assuming you're talking about Samsung White games here, because Pawn is the only one really playing Jayce. What are you expecting them to do about bans? In the case of that Pawn's Jayce, Blue had to ban out Zilean because they didn't have an answer to his OP style, and they have to ban Alistar because he's broken in that patch and they don't play him. They tried to use their third ban to take Trist away from Imp, figuring that there was more counterplay against Twitch with good warding. It didn't work out, but that's the thought process. They finally ban Jayce for the last game, and Pawn goes 11/0/5 on Fizz. I guess what I'm saying is that no matter what Blue banned, it would look like a bad idea in hindsight. White has too many players with deep champion pools to be able to effectively ban out anything except current OPs and maybe one champion that you don't want to try and deal with.

The TSM series was fairly similar. TSM consistently banned Zilean regardless of side, so that shows they simply can't play against or with it. That's a logical ban. They took out Maokai and Alistar every time on blue side. Alistar is fairly obvious, and the Maokai ban actually worked out decently. The first game Looper picked Ryze and did well, but in game 3 he had a poor showing on Mundo. Both teams banned Rumble on blue side every game. Their gameplan only allowed for one flex ban on blue side, and they used them on Thresh and Ryze. Mata dominated game 1 with Thresh, which drew that ban in game 2. The game 4 blue side Ryze ban was really the only questionable ban from them all series. Their plan was clearly to focus on Looper's champion pool, and they did that in every ban phase. If you want to criticize their pre-planned pick/ban strategy going into the series, that's another discussion. TSM's bans were perfectly in line with what they set out to try and do that series, however.
    Another consideration is that you aren't just playing against picks, you are playing against specific players. If you know that a player is going to pick Jayce, it is essentially a self-ban. Knowledge in picks and bans is just as important as the actual picks and bans. As strong as Pawn is on Jayce, it is not an OP pick, it's a pocket pick. Leaving Jayce open, who has good counter options, is probably better than leaving some OP open (especially if that OP is in another lane).

I think all of NA needs to deepen their pools. Especially our mid/top/junglers.