+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: World Championships 2014     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I think all of NA needs to deepen their pools. Especially our mid/top/junglers.
    I think everyone has to deepen their pools, worldwide. Then again, I also am concerned that deep pools could actually make for worse play overall. Muscle memory exists because of repetition, a larger practice pool would hurt that development.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I think everyone has to deepen their pools, worldwide. Then again, I also am concerned that deep pools could actually make for worse play overall. Muscle memory exists because of repetition, a larger practice pool would hurt that development.
    I mean to the point to where you can't be banned out. Hai was easily countered. Amazing, easily countered. Where is Korea and to an extent China were much harder to ban out.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Should be about 10 more minutes until this thing kicks off. Riot let OGN do the hype video, or at least help with it, and it was spectacular. Cool to see them bring in past champions with the trophy too. Not a bad ceremony overall. Now all that's left is for SSW to blow through the matches and wrap up the season.

EDIT: Not a sweep!

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Spoiler: show
    Even if they lose these finals, that game three by SHRC was near perfect. Uzi is such a fucking beast.

royal club had such a monstrously tanky team in game 3. i feel like it was probably like SSW v. TSM game 3 in that it was kind of SSW just toying with their prey, but was cool to see something other than a shitstomp

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I don't think that game was SSW being cocky or over confident or whatever. SHRC made a really smart team comp to counter the style that SSW played in the first two games. It was tanky, it had a jungler that could set up ganks from the lane (less likely to get spotted by a ward), and it finally had an answer to Twitch in Braum. From there, things went SHRC's way, and Cola was able to become unkillable by 13 minutes or so which allowed them to slow play a little while Ryze and Trist built up. It was just a smart comp that was played very well. I don't think they have any chance of winning the series, but it's really good to see those kinds of adjustments being made within a series.

EDIT: A support gets MVP. Today was a good day.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Mata won game 4 and cola helped lose it ( maybe he can blame poor communication for how slow he was ).

The howling gale that knocked insec up when he was mid W jump onto imp literally turned and won the dive turnaround @ bot, and colas super slow tp ( needed to be as soon as the panth ult channel was visible to SSW ), made it worse.

I also think perhaps the dive itself was a bad idea. Stalling the game out for trist/ryze seems like a good idea - the only way to stop a game stalling is by committing to a fight that you can potentially lose.
    If they'd waited and just denied any ssw dragons by holding panth ult + cola tp and farming it out I think they could've won just based on the stronger comp.

MaachaQ

I don't play this game myself, but my husband attended the finals with our kids. They had a lot of fun. I was at a cat show all day and drove back to Seoul to pick them up afterwards.

eBay shut down my sale of the skin codes >< Guess we'll just have to use them ourselves since they'll expire in a couple days if we don't...

Which skins did you get from the event?

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They gave away championship bundle ( riven, thresh, shyvana ) from the same 1 code on the event tickets ( I think ).

Pretty nice.

Dang nice. I think they said they're going to re-release Champ Riven/Thresh again anyways. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the skins as I think they look kind of clunky.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Dang nice. I think they said they're going to re-release Champ Riven/Thresh again anyways. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the skins as I think they look kind of clunky.
    champ thresh looks nice (light blue effect over his green) i have to say they did a good job on Shyvana i saw her pre-pbe animations and she didn't look great at that point

damn I'd love some skins if you happen to have extras.