Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

[09:31:55] Mina: pr0lly
    [09:32:02] Mina: 'didn't get a lot of jungle help'

also Monte with his angry whoa nonono lol.

[09:33:23] Gryffes: monte shitso, captain hindsight
    [09:33:47] Gryffes: oh the heights he took clg to with his immense knowledge

One last game... Hyyyyypuu. Any bets, any bets. Who will take it? Who will lose it?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Think they would do better with Oddone than with Amazing?
    100%. Oddone, even with a smaller champ pool, had WAY more presence, and that is what TSM needs. Amazing had or caused all of TSM's deaths against TPA.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I just feel like Amazing has 0 map awareness and doesn't do anything. This results in his deaths or causing people to die cause he leads them astray or they try to save him.

Even when he doesn't exactly die but barely makes it out alive--he's given up his ults, plays, fights... it's frustrating to watch.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

EDG's collapse is so fucking impressive.
    This teamwork.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Watching the rebroadcast and after the SK vs SHRC I honestly think SK is just completely confused.

They let everyone on SHRC play their best (or strongest meta) champs. Fredy played great but the rest of the team was just kinda WTF.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Tomorrow should be pretty entertaining. Groups A and B are more or less set, so probably going to be some trolly games going on.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Really no surprises, very entertaining games though.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Getting a bit bored of the group stages, they need to play the second game vs the same team back to back.

Also if it was 1 game round robin the results would be the same.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

The KT Barons are alive!

EDIT: That (TSM vs SHRC) was probably the best game of the tournament so far. So intense from start to finish.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Group A just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

TSM with the throw of the year. What the fuck was that?!

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

AHQ beats EDG. SK beats TSM. Interesting day for sure.

Edit: EDG looks on tilt. I actually can see AHQ beating them again and advance into group stage.

Those games... TSM fucked up with that rush mid.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Insane first week. I expect the average quality of games to go up quite a bit with groups C/D but that doesn't mean the past four days haven't been entertaining. The home crowd surely knew how to hype their teams. That AHQ vs EDG game which got them into the tiebreaker was crazy. westdoor and GreenTea need get a better team.

SSW is a monster. They're unbannable and made China's #1 EDG look like DP. Granted, EDG was the only team to really disappoint me. After seeing the LPL finals, I was excited to have a chinese team at Worlds which doesn't rely on relentless aggression only.

TSM shown up better than I imagined, if it wasn't for that last game vs SK. They had it but threw so hard. Now, I can see them winning a game vs SSW but there's no way they win three. Their big weakness is as Monte pointed out, that they can't seem adapt in game. If they don't get picks they have a strategy for or if the other team picks something they didn't expect, they seem to be lost. Yes, they can play pretty every standard strategy you expect a top LCS team to, but they're against SSW. A team that buttrapes you in six different ways out of six games. TSM can base their hope on the fact, that Bjergsen and Dyrus have proved to be world class caliber in their roles and should hold their ground vs PawN and Looper, but that's about it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    Insane first week. I expect the average quality of games to go up quite a bit with groups C/D but that doesn't mean the past four days haven't been entertaining. The home crowd surely knew how to hype their teams. That AHQ vs EDG game which got them into the tiebreaker was crazy. westdoor and GreenTea need get a better team.

SSW is a monster. They're unbannable and made China's #1 EDG look like DP. Granted, EDG was the only team to really disappoint me. After seeing the LPL finals, I was excited to have a chinese team at Worlds which doesn't rely on relentless aggression only.

TSM shown up better than I imagined, if it wasn't for that last game vs SK. They had it but threw so hard. Now, I can see them winning a game vs SSW but there's no way they win three. Their big weakness is as Monte pointed out, that they can't seem adapt in game. If they don't get picks they have a strategy for or if the other team picks something they didn't expect, they seem to be lost. Yes, they can play pretty every standard strategy you expect a top LCS team to, but they're against SSW. A team that buttrapes you in six different ways out of six games. TSM can base their hope on the fact, that Bjergsen and Dyrus have proved to be world class caliber in their roles and should hold their ground vs PawN and Looper, but that's about it.
    If you think that TSM threw that game, don't read reddit. LOL If you are from EU on reddit, then SK was ahead by 10k for most of the game, TSM got lucky once, and the SK just inevitably won the game. If you are from NA on reddit, then TSM was in total control of the game, only baiting SK for a while, then pushed into SK's break only to go on a coffee break because Loco thought it would be inappropriate to humiliate all of EU in one game.

I really need to stop reading reddit. TSM needs a better jungler. Amazing isn't bad as I say he is, but he is definitely behind in quality compared to the rest of the team, and his Lee Sin is not even close to as good as it needs to be for it to be his #1 pick.

I will go ahead and say it now, White will not lose a game to a non-Korean team.

All that happened that game was a SHIT call to go in without Dyrus there and to allow themselves to be completely split off. Their comp DEMANDED that they stay together and to have their peel in place for Wild. Who the fuck dives in right down the middle when they're all up and you don't have your tank/damage mitigation there when they have that kind of assassination in place. Someone made a shit call. And Dyrus couldn't even teleport near by, he was at least 5-6 seconds out even with homeguards. 5-6 seconds is 1-2 dead carries.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    All that happened that game was a SHIT call to go in without Dyrus there and to allow themselves to be completely split off. Their comp DEMANDED that they stay together and to have their peel in place for Wild. Who the fuck dives in right down the middle when they're all up and you don't have your tank/damage mitigation there when they have that kind of assassination in place. Someone made a shit call. And Dyrus couldn't even teleport near by, he was at least 5-6 seconds out even with homeguards. 5-6 seconds is 1-2 dead carries.
    Shhhh... not so loud, Reddit will hear you.

Two theories. One, as Krepo said, they thought they would going to be inevitably out split by Candypanda. I believe, and Krepo even noted, that this was unlikely as he barely had gotten to the inhib tower without fear of collapse. Second, and much more likely, they didn't think about Candypanda already being back at that time, and thought it was an easy 4v4, but it still doesn't explain why they would stay when they did see it was a 4v5 without Dyrus. They could have easily disengaged that fight too.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Totally missed the TSM vs SK so that's what I'm going to spend my hour doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Shhhh... not so loud, Reddit will hear you.

Two theories. One, as Krepo said, they thought they would going to be inevitably out split by Candypanda. I believe, and Krepo even noted, that this was unlikely as he barely had gotten to the inhib tower without fear of collapse. Second, and much more likely, they didn't think about Candypanda already being back at that time, and thought it was an easy 4v4, but it still doesn't explain why they would stay when they did see it was a 4v5 without Dyrus. They could have easily disengaged that fight too.
    I'm sorry but if CP split push when they went with 5 they would have been fine. There are times where you sacrifice your base for the win. That or ALL of them push bot. They were easily handling most the team fights as long as they played protect the Kog. He shredded the fuck out of all of them with his W.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Alright I watched it.
    TSM could have won this game. Both of the teams were neck and neck in my eyes and TSM was just the one that dropped the ball at the end and lost control of the game.

I gotta agree with Dan on something, they didn't protect their main assets at the end there and with them burnt up there wasn't a lot to do. Dyrus was a big factor in a lot of those team fights that TSM won.

If you were going to dive down the middle like that, you shouldn't do it while the entire team is up and while one of theirs is split pushing--alternatively shoulda used all their assets to push down the middle and force Candypanda back. Candypanda wasn't doing huge backdoor #s to counter a 5 man push to mid. Then again I wouldn't have waged the entire game on that. TSM got wayyy too greedy. Deserved the punish that SK gave them. The people who booed at SK shoulda been booing at TSM.