+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: World Championships 2014     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

The last 20 minutes of that game was really exciting, but the first 50 could be sold as a tape called "Situations and How to Misplay Them"

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Shook just made his submission for best single game performance of the tournament. What an impressive game that was against NWS.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Great day for EU, even if I had to take a deep breath after that FNC vs OMG game. ALL taking a perfect game of NWS was almost as unexpected as FNC beating SSB. Tomorrow going to be a long day with all those possible tiebreakers.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Yo KABUM! Is this real life?

EDIT: Holy shit. That blow up. That was incredible.

EDIT2: C9 vs. NWS... so good. What an intricate, finesse game. This has been an amazing day of games so far. You NA guys who are still asleep can't skip a single VOD.

BG Level

Man, ALL out too. But you don't deserve to advance if you loose to Kabum. Time to jump on the C9 hype train!

c9/NWS was a good game, but C9 is still soooo shaky early/mid i dunno if i can trust them. couple that with how easily hai can be banned/picked out and i can't get on that train just yet, but i am glad NA finally took a game off of a korean team.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Tiebreaker time~

talon was such a godawful terrible pick lol

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

When will C9 stop picking talon, cost them 2 games already >.>

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The fact that no EU teams made it out of groups makes me both ridiculously happy because reddit and sad because Fnatic is my 2nd favorite team

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

so is the general excuse that the korean teams are just playing poorly or what is it going to be this year?

i realize they are still moving on in every bracket but they don't really win any games in a dominating fashion, i don't see how you can say they are leaps and bounds beyond any region

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Samsung white are still far better then any other team in the tournament, the other two teams are not

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Samsung white are still far better then any other team in the tournament, the other two teams are not
    One thing I've noticed watching BW/GSL/LOL is that there are some teams that play very well in a fast tournament format where prep time is low, and some that do incredibly well given a week prep time.
    Being strong at one thing, doesn't necessarily mean a team will be good at the other.

Also the korean teams don't know the non korean teams well and rely on coach scouting, but time is still limited.
    They know each other a lot better, and you can't infer that one team having a good default style ( white ) will translate into beating blue or shield.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The only team white has ever really lost to is SSB, and even that doesn't happen that often. They stomp everyone else, Korea included

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    so is the general excuse that the korean teams are just playing poorly or what is it going to be this year?

i realize they are still moving on in every bracket but they don't really win any games in a dominating fashion, i don't see how you can say they are leaps and bounds beyond any region
    What are you talking about? Who is saying that Korean teams are playing poorly? I think a combined 16-3 record in BO1 format could be considered dominating. Even if more of the individual games weren't stomps, they still collectively showed an ability to win in any situation against any style. There is no other region that even came close to demonstrating that. China also had all three teams make it out of groups, and as a region went 0-4 against Korean teams.

If you want to alter your opinion to be that individual player skill between Korea and other regions is getting closer, then I'm on board with that. There are absolutely players from every region who can hold their own in lane, 1v1, make mechanical outplays, etc. To say that the gap between teams is getting smaller is simply not backed up by any of the results from the group stage.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i'm not sure how your post really replied to anything in mine, last year and this year the general consensus was that korea is/was leaps and bounds beyond every region and not only will they probably not drop a game they will dominate everyone. have not seen that happen either year to any extent. sure SKT did extremely well last year and faker vs the world, faker came out on top. ozone on the other hand crashed and burned, the excuse was ozone choked under "pressure" and korea is still the #1 region by far etc etc.

looking at the game from an unbiased point of view, i don't see any reason that korea is always expected to win every game, its league anything can happen. they are not good and have not lived up to the hype they consistently receive. sorry if you're a fanboy or something if so i prob won't continue to respond as it's impossible to get fanboys to look at shit unbiased

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    looking at the game from an unbiased point of view... they are not good
    Ok

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Korea has the best teams and the best region.

The third and second place teams from Korea are better then the champions of either LCS with teh OGN champs being better then any of them.

Koreans as individual players no. Korean teams yes.

BG Level

It hardly has anything to do with bias if you simply look at the stats: SSW 6-0, SSB 5-1, NWS 4-2. The only "shaky" performance came from NWS, which was already considered to be the most likely team to loose games. Still, they're the Nr.3 seed from Korea and came out on top of their group, which included C9 and Alliance. What did you expect them to accomplish to "live up to their hype"? IMHO SSB and especially SSW are right on track.

The big disappointment to me from this group stage is Alliance. The 3-way tiebreaker was pretty much set but then they decided to play cocky and abysmal against Kabum. Wicked and Froggen with their worst performance in the last few months. Just WTF!

Also EDG. They advance because of their easy group but I expected so much more from them after the LPL finals. AHQ came close to reach national heroes status, but Westdoor and GreenTea were playing 2v8.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast