Kel'Thuzad

Amazing needs to go man.

Hes probably the weakest jungler in the NALCS

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Amazing needs to go man.

Hes probably the weakest jungler in the NALCS
    I believe that is something I might have mentioned previously.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    which is precisely why she isnt played at all anymore, even against immobile mages like Xerath and Syndra
    Again, the potential for damage is unchanged. The perceived ability of a champ sometimes, not always but definitely sometimes, really has nothing to do with their actual strength.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Gryffes, get on BG chat plx.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Seriously, even the conductor of the hype train didn't think Korea would go undefeated.

Also, Hai's champ pool is decent. It's not amazing, but he is fine and one of the better mids in NA/EU. Even if he isn't that good, he is still indispensable as the best shot-caller in NA. He was a maestro in their last two games against Shield.
    not sure if he changed his opinion (likely) but monte said with 90% certainty korea would not drop a game in the episode of summoning insight before worlds

over all, korea over hyped. no idea how you drop a game to the choke-fest that is TSM

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    not sure if he changed his opinion (likely) but monte said with 90% certainty korea would not drop a game in the episode of summoning insight before worlds

over all, korea over hyped. no idea how you drop a game to the choke-fest that is TSM
    90% certainty of undefeated? That doesn't make much sense.

Monte pointed this out on analysis desk: This is the first time all three Korean teams have made it out of the group stages, and with a 16-3 record. Thats pretty impressive.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

pretty hard to compare since worlds is structured totally different this year than all the other years, but yeah that sounds like something monte would say

and i don't understand how that doesn't make much sense, he was 90% sure korea would not lose a game in groups and if anyone did it would be shield (his words)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    pretty hard to compare since worlds is structured totally different this year than all the other years, but yeah that sounds like something monte would say

and i don't understand how that doesn't make much sense, he was 90% sure korea would not lose a game in groups and if anyone did it would be shield (his words)
    90% chance of undefeated sounds like you would win 9 out of 10 games, which was actually pretty close to what happened.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I went down to Bexco to see if I could scalp some tickets, but had no luck. I ended up going to a nearby internet cafe to watch the matches, which was pretty fun. The place was packed, and almost everyone was watching instead of playing, which is not always the case here.

SSB came out with that season 3 fast push comp in the first game, which is really just a poke comp these days. C9 played really well in lane, and once a poke comp gets behind that's a wrap. SSB shifted to comps with more of an emphasis on team fighting for the rest of the series, and the results spoke for themselves. C9 put up valiant efforts in each game, but ultimately were outmatched around objectives and in team fights for the most part.

This series had a lot of confusing stuff happen in pick/bans. SSB banned Thresh at least once, which I don't understand. Lemonnation has never really been a big Thresh player. C9 left Yasuo open for Dade in the last game, which is never a good idea. Hai still trying to play Talon for some reason.

Ultimately, this was a much more entertaining series to watch than SSW vs TSM. The result was as expected, but C9 should be proud of their performance.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

C9 is at the cusp of greatness man. They are the best western team, but against Koreans they still have a few steps before they get there.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They didn't look too shabby.

G1 was partially SSBs comp, combined with the level 1 advantage.
    G2 - C9 made some mistakes, particularly underestimated death timer on TF + his ult/rumble port, when they overreached for dragon.
    G3 was a clear win for SSB.
    G4 - so close. If it'd been a 5k gap instead of 10k they mightve made it.

I think TSM and C9 both showed their gameplan/strategy on the map was pretty good, but just korean teamfight mechanics are so fucking good.

TSM would've been a lot more competitive if they had an actual Jungler.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    They didn't look too shabby.

G1 was partially SSBs comp, combined with the level 1 advantage.
    G2 - C9 made some mistakes, particularly underestimated death timer on TF + his ult/rumble port, when they overreached for dragon.
    G3 was a clear win for SSB.
    G4 - so close. If it'd been a 5k gap instead of 10k they mightve made it.

I think TSM and C9 both showed their gameplan/strategy on the map was pretty good, but just korean teamfight mechanics are so fucking good.

TSM would've been a lot more competitive if they had an actual Jungler.
    Amazing revelation.

i get it

Sneaky and Lemon seem to be able to meet the needs of a world class team. I think Hai just keeps getting caught and isn't able to make plays at that level. Sometimes I feel the same for Meteos.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Sneaky and Lemon seem to be able to meet the needs of a world class team. I think Hai just keeps getting caught and isn't able to make plays at that level. Sometimes I feel the same for Meteos.
    Meteos is critical for how they play. His presence is felt in much the same way that Korean junglers are feared. It forces the laners on other teams to respect and play more defensively. You can see this in the increased dominance of their bot lane and how Balls always seems to make it out of laning phase relatively unscathed. But this means that Meteos himself gets fewer early game kills than he used to get. In turn, Meteos has been able to farm more and ward better setting them up for mid game where they have been vulnerable in the past.

When it comes to Hai, he could be a bronze level player and it wouldn't be relevant to C9's play really. As has been demonstrated in the past two weeks, his shot calling is world class. C9 could never get rid of him without blowing up the entire team. Also, very few players have the self-reflection to realize they are the issue, and dedicate themselves to improving their game to sure up that weak spot. Hai has done exactly that.

After their performance at worlds, I can't really agree with your criticism. C9 as a whole showed a whole new level of play, and I was actually quite impressed.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Ain't no team fight like an LPL team fight cuz an LPL team fight don't stop

EDIT: Tense end to a crazy series. So happy for Insec to finally break the curse.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Ain't no team fight like an LPL team fight cuz an LPL team fight don't stop

EDIT: Tense end to a crazy series. So happy for Insec to finally break the curse.
    I haven't seen these games, and I don't generally care about the LPL. I take it these games are worth watching though?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast