+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: World Championships 2014     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

If you want to see insane ADC play, the series is worth watching for Uzi alone. If you want to see great vision control, ward battles, and clean rotational play around the map, then this series isn't for you. However, if you like team fighting then every game is a treat. There were times when the team that was down over 10k gold would win consecutive team fights. LPL teams seem to have a gentleman's agreement that a team fight can't be disengaged, so it won't end until there is just no one left standing. Compared to the other series' in this tournament, it was much faster paced.

Damn, Game 1 OMG vs NWS was fucking intense.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wow.
    I thought this would be the most boring day so I didn't get up early to watch it, but that was pure destruction.

Both the semi finals are going to be great. Samsung teamkill, and lpl inhouse.

China vs Korea storyline set up, and the chinese teams definitely have a chance.
    I think White have more choke issues than Blue, so if White>Blue I think the chinese finalist team could definitely win, which would be great for esports ( korean pride would take a knock ).

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

If China takes it this year (OMG) I would enjoy it greatly

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Sneaky and Lemon seem to be able to meet the needs of a world class team. I think Hai just keeps getting caught and isn't able to make plays at that level. Sometimes I feel the same for Meteos.
    Sneaky, yes. Lemon, yes, as long as he can play Janna or Morg... Lemon has a really small champ pool at support. If he's in his wheelhouse, he's great... if not, he's kinda "meh", and he has much too great a tendency to get caught out.

I honestly think that if coaches could help with pick/ban phase (where Lemon is, I think, legitimately one of the best, if not the best, in the game), then Lemon could move to a coaching position and C9's situation would improve. With coaches not able to contribute there, though, I'm not sure C9's style could give up Lemon.

Hai's shot-calling and strategy are top-tier. He's brilliant there. I think, though, that he needs to play support-type mids-- Orianna, Lulu, maybe new Soraka. Initiate/poke champs work, too-- Xerath, Ziggs, Syndra. He needs to be on someone where he's more survivable watching himself less, where he's not trying to make the plays. He's trying to watch everything at once-- which is great for a shot-caller, but it's terrible for assassins. He can't micromanage himself *AND* macro-manage the team. Get him on some champs that he can sit back and watch from more safety, and I think he'll be able to add that shotcalling without being a mechanical liability.

Meteos had brilliant play in Season 3 at support. In season 4, I really feel like he took a step back. I don't know how much of it was him feeling like he needed to babysit Hai more instead of snowball Balls more, but he reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally feels like his champ pool is the worst on the team. I mean, it's basically the Kha/Lee, or nothing. And his Lee is just kind of average this year. Season 3, his Nasus, his Kha, his Lee, it seemed like anyone he played jungle, he was making plays. He was steamrolling top with Balls.

But botlane changed so much-- Sneaky and Lemon didn't need his help botlane, because they were just farming and bringing in the utility. Now that Sneaky's playing more a carry role, I really think that Meteos or Hai need to bring in that utility that's lacking now that Sneaky isn't legendary Ashe. If they add that back in somewhere, I think they can take off.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

SSB/SSW

Game 1: Dem aram picks.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

SSW looking as unstoppable as through the entire tournament so far, but SSB made comebacks from 10k deficits before.

Ok, scratch that. 6/0/7 Akali, 5/0/8 Jayce. GG

wowza

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Game 2: Is this first 5 minutes real life?

ssw is so goddamn good, jesus. i know the galio was a um...sub-optimal pick but gotdayum

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Blue just got peed on.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

That has to be one of the worst blowups of all time.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Now I want OMG to win their semifinal to have the top monster match-up Looper vs Gogoing.

Hydra
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Farstriders

Finals is going to be a boring 3-0 again. No one is close to White.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

SSW gotta win vs blue, blue would probably lose to china unfortunately. wise choice by the samsung organization

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I felt legitimately awful for SSB by the end of that.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Coffee like 3 hours ago was a terrible idea.

Might as well watch OMG and SHRC now lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    Coffee like 3 hours ago was a terrible idea.

Might as well watch OMG and SHRC now lol.
    I hope you're a sadist. I don't see games 2 and 3 going any better for SHRC than the first one did. Cloud is fantastic.

i think the lulu pick is going to come back and bite royal this game. hope they make it an interesting series but lulu just doesn't cut the mustard anymore

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

And then along comes freaking Baron throws. Come on, OMG.