Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Incursion!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Whelp... let the e-penis contest for highest ilevel clear begin.

and the traveler
    BG Level

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I was implying 9+ isn't as important as having at least 8+ over no TH/TH3, I know how the trait works (and its kinda stupid they did it that way...). If your goal is TH, can get a good deal of upgrades just adding your TH Gear into SA/TA macros since those have a high chance of upgrading. But ya, always at least TH8 each mob.
    Presuming its an "out of pt TH mule", i think theyd be better off locking TH gear. Worrying about upping their parse would probably hinder that of the main (who is probably capable of better)

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Presuming its an "out of pt TH mule", i think theyd be better off locking TH gear. Worrying about upping their parse would probably hinder that of the main (who is probably capable of better)
    If its just a mule... yah, you're right there. Though honestly as surprising as it sounds i've yet to play with a THF mule in all my years of XI , i rarely plan for that contingency lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Vanquisher Gramk-Droog looks like to be the final incursion mega boss (grants the title "Nilotican Decimator"?) but no official confirmation yet.
    Source : http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/31752.html

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Is the MEVA/MACC combo supposed to work on the dispel and encumbrance moves? I brought a better geo, and things like Saurian Swamp and Jungle Hoodoo get resisted 95% of the time, but Velkkan Pygmacheia and Saurian Slide work like normal. Is that expected? This is on a low difficulty (124 and 125).
    no afaik dispel cant be resisted, encumbrance cant be either.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    no afaik dispel cant be resisted, encumbrance cant be either.
    Dispel can but it's almost as high as stun difficulty resist. Doable but unlikely on things you aren't higher level than without some really huge -macc or +meva or jas like asylum. If you highly out level the mobs it's fairly common even when stun still lands for short durations. Like going around doing stronghold invasion fights in full ilvl gear I can resist dispel most of the time but stun still lands like 90% of the time. But yeah good luck consistently resisting on nms that are 10 levels higher than you even with geo.

Encumbrance can be resisted as well but it seems even harder. Like only time I've seen it not land is when I was a good 30-40 levels higher than the mob and even then it still lands over half the time

I'd almost be willing to say that those effects have no minimum resist rate and a huge macc bonus making them stay at 100% land rate until you are so much stronger that it doesn't even matter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    We're using a main PT Thf with an out of PT Geo, seems to work really well. The Thf does respectable damage but it isn't a Sam of course.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You could still wear Sandung, Plun. Armlets +1 and Chaac Belt too keep max th without completely murdering your dps

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

any consensus yet from the ~130 folk on chance at better augments from capes? our group is already mostly capped on the other drops at 126. wondering what the intended motivation to max out content level is since the drops are fairly easy to come by.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Who knows what else drops from there? Could be augmented skirmish gear with ridiculous stats or some other unexpected non-rare SoA gear with preposterous stats like exclusive ifrits rings with wsd+5% or something, who knows. Could also be high chance of capes/gear from coffers similar to how Vd bcnms dont drop anything special, just a title and higher chance of drops which can also drop on lower difficulties.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is there a precedent for a consumable like this actually offering better/different drops depending on where it came from? Cause you keep saying that, and nothing comes to mind of ever having been that way. Just don't see them bothering to differ it in that way without adding a different item drop entirely. The .dats had NQ and HQ of each coffer, I'd lean to believe that higher content lvl simply keeps giving more coffers, making the RNG grind for JSE and CP capes that much more time efficient. Plus more CPs, and maybe a point where HQ chance overtakes NQ drop rate.

Gotta echo what someone earlier in the thread said, taking more than a party, even nearly a full ally isn't a bad thing here, but each and every person you add needs to be pulling their weight in some way. Going with a full ally just cause and filling it with dumb jobs/terrible players makes this all so much harder than it needs to be.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post524272

guess this answers my question. so yeah, looks like increasing # of drops per kill is the only reward.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

8 seems to be the best number for us, easy to do full 6 NM with warp

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post524272

guess this answers my question. so yeah, looks like increasing # of drops per kill is the only reward.
    Technically it offers no insight to the augs changing. It just says "The items that drop will not vary", which if you take it word for word, the NM's loot pools wont change.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    8 seems to be the best number for us, easy to do full 6 NM with warp
    Should add the CLevel when you say things like that.

.dats had NQ and HQ of each coffer, I'd lean to believe that higher content lvl simply keeps giving more coffers, making the RNG grind for JSE and CP capes that much more time efficient. Plus more CPs, and maybe a point where HQ chance overtakes NQ drop rate.
    Tbh going higher n higher is possibly not efficient. There is some break point of clearning many NMs vs drop amount vs time it takes to gather people to kill them efficiently.

Like last night it took considerable amount to get a GEO for 128 when we could have easily done 1-2 126s or something meanwhile. From an MACC standpoint you rly want a GEO for 127+

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Should add the CLevel when you say things like that.
    True we're at 125 atm; whm brd geo dd dd blu + thf outside party.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

LS member for 5 DW on Canny Cape last night, I was wondering, what are the chances of DW going up to at least 6 DW? Is it possible to check int he DAT's or something?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont think its possible to check range for augments, you'd have to verify with Byrth. I'm assuming no, since he's never reported possible ranges (unless the dats have an unbelievable range)

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The only thing that can be verified in the dats is that DW is capped at 33. It's not possible to check if there's a lower cap than that.