Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Can someone give me some tips on getting relic from 75->119?

Mostly farming points for trial in abyssea. Are there any tips any of you multi 119relic players can give me for making this go faster?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Bring a brd a pick a mob that doesn't suck? Kill shots are kill shots and abyssea is even more of a joke at 119.

If you have friends with the same relic weapon (even 119), their kill-shots with the WS will count to your trials as well if you party up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If you don't have a bard mule, do your trials outside of Abyssea. Haste + double Marches >> Atma.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

If you have gil, or friends, you can pay/ask people to do the killshot trials with you. You can get credit if someone else does the killing blow ws for your relic.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    If you don't have a bard mule, do your trials outside of Abyssea. Haste + double Marches >> Atma.
    Sometimes it's a matter of available viable camps though.
    Like for my BRD Carns trials I found some good camps outside, but for some other (for instance Raptors?) there were much better camps in Abyssea (#7 in Misa, for instance)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There's lot of raptors outside, like in cape terrigan for instance. And I donno about other servers but there's usually JP exp pts in mis at either raptors or birds most of the time. It really depends on your own situation. Sometimes outside mobs don't have enough HP to get tp and then ws them.

Campaign
    BG Level

there's raptors in Ceizak (NE) and Morimar too.
    I tried em all (solo), but nothing was as fast as #7 in Misa. I could oneshot them all of the time, didn't have to wait to bring them under X% HP for my WS to oneshot them. I didn't need healing or anything else, repop was insanely fast and there were a plethora of targets, I could never run out of them even if I tried.
    Last but not least, no other people/party competing with me.

I've done most of my trials outside, but for that one the speed rate was uncomparably higher inside Aby than outside.

I didn't want to give specific suggestions btw, just wanted to point out that there is no perfect answer to the question "where is the best place to do trials", it kinda depends on your job, your mules (if you have ones) and the target you need to kill.
    I would always try to do it outside if possible, even if just to get the small CP from each kill, but sometimes it's just faster in Abyssea.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Start saving lots and lots of gil for those 99 and 119 upgrade items. That or find some people to spam arch dynamis and adoulin content with to farm em yourself. Those were the biggest pains for me.