Thought this had already happened
    im getting deju vu

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Dire Maul still probably stands as the most in depth, creative, and interesting dungeon in the game... 10 years later.
    lolwut

Ridill
    BG Level

When it was current.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzar...was-1638632121

In case anyone missed it. Actually doesn't sound all that interesting to me.

Can you link or can someone give me an alternate site? Blocked here at work

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    They have tried new things. Heard of Hearthstone? How's that selling right about now.

Blizzard isn't going to release something they view as not good. They don't about what anyone else thinks about it or how much they could make even though its shit. Were I a bigger fan of their overall game lineup I'd probably be tickled by the realization, but as I really don't care about them, it just is what it is.
    Hearthstone is doing fucking fantastic in sales my brother.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Hearthstone is doing fucking fantastic in sales my brother.
    Of course it is, because Activision or not, Bliz knows their shit. For all of Diablo's launch bullshit, and it WAS bullshit, it STILL sold very, very well, and it was never a threat to take subs away from WoW.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i don't think this will hurt blizzard all that much, if anything more people will come back to WoW knowing that development is no longer split (general consensus of several people i had known that had quit)

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They took key people off wow to work on Titan while Cata was in the works/while it was current.

Probably why it was considered the weakest expansion.

Rob Pardo before he left was the head honcho for MoP and was a big reason the expansion was so quality.

Hopefully bringing the Titan folks back to wow means WoD will be even better then I expect it to be

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    MoP ... expansion was so quality.
    lol wat

pardo was pretty much 100% responsible for the clusterfuck of trash that was rep grinding at the start of mop, and between him and GC you can attribute almost all of the responsibility for BM monks, disc priests, and warlocks spending an entire expansion utterly and completely embarrassing every other class that attempted their roles (they could never be sufficiently nerfed, because the content was flat out too hard without them, and anything remotely casual would never have gotten through)

He did some amazing things throughout his career at Blizz (particularly with rts), but I think MoP stands as his most glaring failure, especially early on.

He's always been the one that wanted to make things more "accessible" and casual, and in MoP he blew it so badly that his efforts to make it more casual friendly just resulted in forcing serious players to spend insane amounts of time doing "casual" stuff.

I will forever stand by the claim that aside from raids MoP is easily the worst expansion in WoW.

The most hilarious part is how they tried to avoid doing catch-up mechanisms, then went ahead with a tiny bit of them, and whiffed on their aim of keeping old content busy so badly that even during an expansion where there's a legendary quest for everyone to promote old raids being run, there's less running of old raids than pretty much ever in WoW.

Like, seriously, how can you possibly be claiming make an effort to get people to go through the older raids... and then put no mount in 3 of the first 4 raids...

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

lol wat

pardo was pretty much 100% responsible for the clusterfuck of trash that was rep grinding at the start of mop, and between him and GC you can attribute almost all of the responsibility for BM monks, disc priests, and warlocks spending an entire expansion utterly and completely embarrassing every other class that attempted their roles (they could never be sufficiently nerfed, because the content was flat out too hard without them, and anything remotely casual would never have gotten through)

He did some amazing things throughout his career at Blizz (particularly with rts), but I think MoP stands as his most glaring failure, especially early on.

He's always been the one that wanted to make things more "accessible" and casual, and in MoP he blew it so badly that his efforts to make it more casual friendly just resulted in forcing serious players to spend insane amounts of time doing "casual" stuff.

I will forever stand by the claim that aside from raids MoP is easily the worst expansion in WoW.

The most hilarious part is how they tried to avoid doing catch-up mechanisms, then went ahead with a tiny bit of them, and whiffed on their aim of keeping old content busy so badly that even during an expansion where there's a legendary quest for everyone to promote old raids being run, there's less running of old raids than pretty much ever in WoW.

Like, seriously, how can you possibly be claiming make an effort to get people to go through the older raids... and then put no mount in 3 of the first 4 raids...
    Class balance aside:

The raiding in MoP was some of the best that WoW has ever seen.

Brawlers Guild is awesome.

Pandaria itself was a fucking amazing place.

World Bosses.

The further implementation of LFR.

The dailies clusterfuck at the start of MoP was awful yes, but MoP stands as probably the second best expansion that WoW has had.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Maybe if there was only one expansion...

BC > WOTLK > rest of the garbage. Hopefully WoD finds some middle ground.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Maybe if there was only one expansion...

BC > WOTLK > rest of the garbage. Hopefully WoD finds some middle ground.
    For me its LK > MoP > BC > Cata > Vanilla

Ridill
    BG Level

LK > TBC > Vanilla > Cata > MoP

MoP attempted to take the best from all the rest and not do anything new at all, and instead took the worst from the rest and did nothing new at all.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm very surprised at people putting LK ahead of BC. Maybe I have it first due to nostalgia, but I'd rank them both a tie for best xpac and everything else far, far behind.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

ugh, MoP's daily clusterfuck was what made me unsub again. I'd been making good progress on the rep grind, then Landfall hit and introduced YET ANOTHER HUGE ASS DAILY HUB. i said fuck that and unsubbed pretty much the next day.

anyway as a Hunter who started just months before LK, I can't really speak to BC or vanilla... but I felt like MoP wasn't as much fun as LK and Cata. Though part of that may be because my guild disintegrated after Cata so I was solo for MoP.

Ridill
    BG Level

I'm very surprised at people putting LK ahead of BC. Maybe I have it first due to nostalgia, but I'd rank them both a tie for best xpac and everything else far, far behind.
    It was really, really, really hard to get involved with raiding beyond Kara in TBC, especially if you wanted to play something like a non-healer pally or druid etc. Balance factors also made pvp far more restrictive to certain classes/specs than LK.

LK was where they finally said "ok, stuff other than wars can tank, and hybrids do need to have more than 1 viable pvp spec."

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It was really, really, really hard to get involved with raiding beyond Kara in TBC, especially if you wanted to play something like a non-healer pally or druid etc. Similar factors also made pvp far more restrictive to certain classes/specs than LK.

LK was where they finally said "ok, stuff other than wars can tank, and hybrids do need to have more than 1 viable pvp spec."
    Ah, I tanked through SSC TK HYJ BT and SW on prot pally before it was cool in the best guild on the server which was competitive. That's probably why I favor TBC. My offspec was healing which came in handy in sunwell.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    ugh, MoP's daily clusterfuck was what made me unsub again. I'd been making good progress on the rep grind, then Landfall hit and introduced YET ANOTHER HUGE ASS DAILY HUB. i said fuck that and unsubbed pretty much the next day.

anyway as a Hunter who started just months before LK, I can't really speak to BC or vanilla... but I felt like MoP wasn't as much fun as LK and Cata. Though part of that may be because my guild disintegrated after Cata so I was solo for MoP.
    Rep grinding made most people I know leave mop. Hodir was annoying but wasn't that bad, it wasn't anything like golden Lotus or the other shit. Think our guild went on hiatus when landfall hit, I remember never getting those trinkets and not needing them when we started back up.

Ridill
    BG Level

Ah, I tanked through SSC TK HYJ BT and SW on prot pally before it was cool in the best guild on the server which was competitive. That's probably why I favor TBC. My offspec was healing which came in handy in sunwell.
    Yeah, I tried to get in with a competitive guild that had transferred over at the end of vanilla, as one of the most well known players on my server early in BC as a prot pally, and couldn't even get the tiniest shot.

I ended up friends with a lot of them (mostly through pvp) and when I asked the leader if she would have taken me if she could go back in time she said probably so, but at the same time it was still a simple fact that aside from the couple things pallies excelled at (trash pulls and trash filled boss fights), it was, plain and simple, harder to kill the bosses with anything other than a warrior tanking.