Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Titan Cancelled     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

There's like twenty million people playing hearthstone I believe. Fuckin crazy.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I can't put BC up there. I'll never forgive them for those pre-buffs they gave ret Pallys. PVP was my life back then and Retadins were so fucking stupid both inside and outside of BGs.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I loved Wrath for the story but MoP has been my favorite expansion so far in terms of gameplay. Then again, I don't mind dailies and I don't get the playerbase's vile hatred of them.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Personally BC was my favorite expansion. Before the Sunwell/BC Nerf, a decent amount of Burning Crusade was challenging. First week after hitting 80, we had Naxx cleared, 1 Drake Sarth down, and Malygos down. The only difficult parts early of Wrath was doing 3 Drake Sartharion on 10 man (hi2u all melee group), and not having a holy paladin get MC'd by Kel'Thuzzad and have him hand of sacrafice himself, thus ruining an Immortal attempt. Ulduar was the pinnacle of raiding in Wrath, ToC was a joke and nearly made me quit raiding with how shitty/boring it was. ICC was good but not oh my god amazing. I wound up quitting during the first tier of Cata, so I really can't comment on raids from Cata or MoP, but at least to me BC > WotLK

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

As a 10 man guild, it was definitely LK -> TBC, as we finally got to see all of the GD content being created for the game, not to mention Wintergrasp was hella fun for me; reminded me somewhat of the old 24/7 AV battleground fights. I'll echo that Ulduar was the best raid I experienced, though I left shortly into Cataclysm raiding.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

for me it was BC > LK > Vanilla > Cata > MoP

I loved BC the most. I'm probably one of those weird people that enjoyed the CC aspect in pve content. To me, when you had a hunter or someone CC before pulls, you knew you were in a good group. The kara attunement wasn't terribly annoying (in my eyes) I loved all the zones and the gear looked really badass. Things started to get shitty in LK for me. The aesthetics of the game just started to get grimey and ugly. Naxx and Ulduar was really fun but I hated. HAATTEEDDD that fucking tournament garbage. Stupidest raid/group content ever. I thought ICC was enjoyable. And then Cata came along and added holy power to paladins and I fell out of love with the class and they fucked up healers. Didn't play enough of MoP to give a good opinion but the lore of the expansion didn't really do it for me

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I loved Wrath for the story but MoP has been my favorite expansion so far in terms of gameplay. Then again, I don't mind dailies and I don't get the playerbase's vile hatred of them.
    my issue was with the sheer amount of dailies and the grind required. I spent every day after mop launched doing every daily for at least 4 hours a day... and by the time landfall hit i still wasn't exalted with several of the reps. and then landfall introduced ANOTHER hub and ANOTHER set of reps... nope'd the fuck out.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Dominance Offensive dailies were at least somewhat interesting. It was like ... do dailies for a few days, then do a scenario and a series of quests to advance the storyline. It was better than just grind, grind, grind.

But I will concede that gating the dailies behind Golden Lotus was fucking retarded. I think Blizz learned their lesson from that.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I had a blast with the 5.1 storyline but the daily grind between each was awful.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

the grind can eat dicks. the fact that they pretty much forced everyone to spend multiple hours a day/week doing the same bullshit quests repeatedly is why i had several guilds peace out. I didnt start playing until cata, so i do favor it. Firelands was that hot shit and if you werent down with that, yall niggas can go bellyflop cacti. i will say that from all the leveling through to older content, i had more fun fucking around in the LK areas than in BC or vanilla.

i raided as disc and warlock in panda though, and the buttfuck disc priests are about to catch makes me want to cry.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Priests in general appear to be fucked sideways.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    the grind can eat dicks. the fact that they pretty much forced everyone to spend multiple hours a day/week doing the same bullshit quests repeatedly is why i had several guilds peace out. I didnt start playing until cata, so i do favor it. Firelands was that hot shit and if you werent down with that, yall niggas can go bellyflop cacti. i will say that from all the leveling through to older content, i had more fun fucking around in the LK areas than in BC or vanilla.

i raided as disc and warlock in panda though, and the buttfuck disc priests are about to catch makes me want to cry.
    The eloquence (⌒▽⌒)

Firelands was such a bad patch That retarded dailies zone, that terrible raid... Plus it followed 4.1 which was utterly terrible.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Firelands dailies were okay. I liked most of the quests except for the ones where respawn timers were stupid (dogs underground) or the vehicle you were riding was slow as shit. It certainly was no worse than Isle of Quel'Danas. Timeless Isle shits all over both though. Only one rep grind and it's pretty much optional after Honored and the hunt for rares is kinda fun.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Cata really fucked over smaller guilds in a big way. The combination of guild perks and rep incentivizing everyone to stay in old guilds instead of establishing new ones + the requirement of needing 80% of a raid to be in-guild to get credit for it completely screwed over 10man guilds that didn't field a steady roster of extras. On top of that, Cata had very little casual content for people who got into the raiding scene in LK. While launch 5man heroics weren't impossible by any means, there was a large segment of the WoW crowd from LK that just couldn't handle mandatory interrupts (hello first boss of SFK) and non-trivial healing, on top of the step up in raid mechanics and tighter enrage timers compared to LK. It was a complete reversal from what LK did (open up content to more players) and it's by far the worst expansion.

MoP fixed a lot of that with LFR, pokemon, farmville, and brawler's guild. It also has the most polished leveling/questing experience of all the expansions. Making rep grinding through dailies for a month the optimal means for raid progression was a huge mistake, but I think they learned from it and are moving away from that direction. It's not perfect, and they've taken way too long to go from the final raid tier to a new expansion, but MoP is probably up there with BC in terms of quality of content.

Never played WoW but reading this conversation made me understand why the reaction from a lot of people was so goddamn dreadful when they announced "Dailies" in XIV.

(for anyone that doesn't know, XIV's dailies are entirely optional side-junk with no unique rewards outside of vanity junk)

The very concept of dailies is awful in itself, I can't imagine having to do them just to keep up with actual content.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Vanity dailies would be great, but required dailies and Rep grinds to progress is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Never played WoW but reading this conversation made me understand why the reaction from a lot of people was so goddamn dreadful when they announced "Dailies" in XIV.

(for anyone that doesn't know, XIV's dailies are entirely optional side-junk with no unique rewards outside of vanity junk)

The very concept of dailies is awful in itself, I can't imagine having to do them just to keep up with actual content.
    I'm inclined to extend this suck to weeklies, though, and the related caps on tomes or even access to things like Coil and CT lotting rights. You've basically got two twisted beliefs where one side believes such caps keep casuals and hardcores closer, while the other side grossly over dramaticizes that everyone would have everything maxed in a week. In the end, I'm personally not playing XIV because getting one job to its peak in 2 months, give or take a couple weeks depending on accessory or even RNG, is not how I want to play. I'd like to be good in multiple jobs if only to be able to better help friends, even if I may not generally prefer the given role they need.

So, while I don't consider myself hardcore, I don't feel I'm casual, either. Being in the middle feels rough these days.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

So, while I don't consider myself hardcore, I don't feel I'm casual, either. Being in the middle feels rough these days.
    Completely agree with this. I tend to play things in bursts when I have time. The idea that you need to log in every day or do X amount of content per week just takes away a lot of the fun and turns it into a mindless chore. That said, I'll take gating content over extremely punishing RNG.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Vanity dailies would be great, but required dailies and Rep grinds to progress is silly.
    theoretically the mop dailies became vanity shit eventually but yeah, that shit at the start... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat