+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Cancelled     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Titan Cancelled

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/23/683...ext-gen-mmo-pc
    Blizzard has officially canceled development on its mysterious next-generation massively multiplayer game Titan. The company confirmed the news to Polygon in a recent interview.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

that sucks, maybe they saw how destiny bombed big time and realized thats pretty much what they got with titan.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Bummer. I guess. Also, Destiny bombed big time?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    that sucks, maybe they saw how destiny bombed big time and realized thats pretty much what they got with titan.
    Pretty sure the nail on the coffin happened wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yy before destiny did. They are just making the official announcement now.

And still no real clue what it was going to be like?

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    Destiny bombed?

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Destiny bombed?
    I don't think it bombed. I think it's just frustrations with the game overall. And by that I mean the loot system.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Destiny didn't bomb but the reviews are well below expectations and the jury is out on whether or not the game has legs to carry it through the next holiday season.

Titan's entire development being written down is going to make the next quarter's earnings call very exciting for Actiblizzard.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Bungie lost out on approx 2.5 mil in review incentives because the game didn't hit the targeted numbers. The game sold well, ofc (broke another record for most sales by a new IP by a solid million), but Activision's stock dipped 9% after the launch because of the average reception of the game.

While not a bomb by any normal terminology, when you invest 500 mil into a game, anything short of the second coming of Christ is considered performing below expectations.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Destiny is built like a franchise, the $500 mil is a cost taken with the assumption that Destiny's next several major retail releases (expansion packs, etc) take advantage of those already spent dollars and just build with the existing development pipeline.

Yeah, but I agree with Lucavi, this game basically pulled a SWTOR in terms of dollars spent and expectations met.

Shit ton of money. Very little results.

Kinda feels like Destiny went for a horror survivor in some of the areas of the map lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Destiny is built like a franchise, the $500 mil is a cost taken with the assumption that Destiny's next several major retail releases (expansion packs, etc) take advantage of those already spent dollars and just build with the existing development pipeline.
    I thought there were only going to be two expansions and that was it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Yeah, but I agree with Lucavi, this game basically pulled a SWTOR in terms of dollars spent and expectations met.

Shit ton of money. Very little results.

Kinda feels like Destiny went for a horror survivor in some of the areas of the map lol.
    Meh, I don't think it's that bad. People aren't asking for refunds, but it's not the called shot home run that some were hyping it to be.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

This is what happens when you throw Jay Wilson on a project.

Fuck just lost my post -_-;

TLDR; Game isn't great. Isn't bad. Halo was better. Expected more. Hope they improve it and expand on it.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Interesting to see this new is now "official" So far I count 3 big projects Blizzard has scrapped: Warcraft title (forget name), Starcraft Ghost and now "Titan" To ponder the time/funds lost on all these projects makes me curious at to just how huge a cash flow Blizzard really has. /shrug Not going to miss Titan, from a thread a while back one of the touted game play features was "tab targeting" and I dropped interest in it right there.

Guess nothing new for the next half a dozen Blizzcons other than expansions for existing IPs......

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Interesting to see this new is now "official" So far I count 3 big projects Blizzard has scrapped: Warcraft title (forget name), Starcraft Ghost and now "Titan" To ponder the time/funds lost on all these projects makes me curious at to just how huge a cash flow Blizzard really has. /shrug Not going to miss Titan, from a thread a while back one of the touted game play features was "tab targeting" and I dropped interest in it right there.

Guess nothing new for the next half a dozen Blizzcons other than expansions for existing IPs......
    Meh, Blizzard believes its better to lose money on not making a game rather than losing money and permanently tarnishing themselves by releasing a shit game. I wish more developers were like this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Meh, Blizzard believes its better to lose money on not making a game rather than losing money and permanently tarnishing themselves by releasing a shit game. I wish more developers were like this.
    It also leads to stagnation. You can't improve and get better without failing.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    It also leads to stagnation. You can't improve and get better without failing.
    They have tried new things. Heard of Hearthstone? How's that selling right about now.

Blizzard isn't going to release something they view as not good. They don't about what anyone else thinks about it or how much they could make even though its shit. Were I a bigger fan of their overall game lineup I'd probably be tickled by the realization, but as I really don't care about them, it just is what it is.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    They have tried new things. Heard of Hearthstone? How's that selling right about now.
    Pretty well if their own financial calls are any indication.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast