Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Oh my god.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0207352?page=1

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions
    Spoiler: show

Yeah ... someone actually petitioned the White House over WoD.

Don't worry, Blizzard lobbyists will stop any bill from moving through the Senate or House!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Half of these are fucking retarded and the other half are even more retarded.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That's the point? Are you unfamiliar with the official FFXI forums threads, or the Gimp/Confused/WTF threads?

And then there's this, which made me chuckle today. FREE SPEECH GUYS

IT'S NOT TRADE CHAT

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Fucking lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I present to you the most retarded thread in the history of wow: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-gold-removed

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Retard
    The way it stands now every expansion players have a large amount of gold, possibly even gold capped on more than one character, ready to spend it on mounts/achievements/raid BoE epics etc...

The problem with this is that these players have it made because they can circumvent a large part of the game that is doing dailies (apexis/mop), grinding materials, and actually playing the game all because they already have the gold. I think a part of this is also unfair on new players and those of us who rarely go above 100k in the span of an expansion simply because we don't play enough and we don't really save the gold because raiding requires gold, repairs require gold, mounts require gold (more now than ever) and even garrisons require thousands of gold to upgrade.

A good idea would be for the devs to design a system whereby gold over a certain limir maybe 20k-30k is removed from all accounts in beginning of an expansion this would have to include items which can be stacked and sold for gold in the beginning of expansions since players are crafty and love circumventing the systems that Blizzard design.

This would be the ultimate gold sink. No longer would blizzard need to worry about the inflated economies and the ridiculous prices on some items on the AH.

I believe this would be a fun system all round. What are you thoughts?

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Oh my.

Reminds me of the threads on the Official FFXI forums about Abyssea and how shit got too easy so someone just said "remove leveling," then no one can complain about why leveling is so easy since the entire game is at endgame anyway.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

That's a troll, right? It has to be.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'd want to say it is a troll but after seeing a fair number of similar threads by him i'm pretty convinced he genuinely is that moronic.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

This fucking thread, lmao. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17605675014

New interview with Ono Fuzzikoalas discovered in Gollypawn magazine.

THERE'S STILL NO LIGHTING IN DISMAL SWAMP... AND THERE PROBABLY WON'T BE IN ANY NEW ZONES OR EXPANSIONS

When Boredlords of Paymore first hit, some fans were surprised to discover that even upon reaching the level cap of 500, they still couldn't see any of the new zones. Initially Gizzard expected to patch in dim lighting at some point, but now it has changed its mind.

"Having looked at how lighting has played out in the whole world in all expansions, we realized that while we were doing it out of this ingrained habit after we'd introduced lighting in the initial release, it actually detracted from gameplay in a whole lot of ways," Fuzzikoalas explains. "While there was certainly convenience in being able to completely see the world everywhere you looked, that also came at the expense of gameplay like prolonged exploration, like trying to figure out if you're walking into a wall repeatedly, or if you're going to fall off a cliff and will you ever get back up if you do."

"IT MADE THE WORLD FEEL IN MANY WAYS MUCH TOO WELL LIT"

Fuzzikoalas gives an example: Before darkness was introduced to Foiled by Whichcraft, if you got a quest to kill ten rats for ten rat toes, it would play out a certain way. Players would need to fight their way through the rats. After seeing the rats, players could just kill on sight, wonder why there were so many toeless rats, but persist in slaughtering all the rats and then finally return to the questgiver who they could clearly see. With the new system, you won't even know if you're actually going towards the rats or possibly mounting a one-orc invasion on Windstorm. As an added plus, they'll never see you coming, either.

Until you walk into something and discover it's indeed aggro, you are filled with a sense of wonder! No minimap, world map, heck, you can't even see your quest journal. Being required to memorize your quest objectives is like an entire little mini-game all on its own and encourages grouping. Before you knew how big a zone was because you could see it. With all lighting removed, even tiny zones can feel huge, especially if we put in some obstacles designed to keep you going in circles. Hours can be spent in the dark whereas the old, unimaginative style of full lighting encouraged people to dash hastily through, killing rats, and turning their quests in promptly.

"It made the world feel in many ways much too well lit," he says.

Originally, Gizzard thought taking lighting out in Boredlords of Paymore was an experiment, and Fuzzikoalas says he would have bet "something that he was willing to part with" that they were going to bring it back eventually. But as they played the expansion and heard others play it, they discovered that they liked the game better without lighting.

"The world feels darker, feels more lugubrious," he says. "Players have been asking for darker nights for years. Then it dawned on us. Why stop there? Now there's more exploration, secrets, discovery and overall immersion in the world. At this point, we feel that outdoor gameplay in Foiled by Whichcraft is ultimately better without lighting. We're not going to be introducing the ability to see in Paymore, and that's where we're at going forward. At least we think it's forward, it could be going sideways. We won't know until we bump into it. We're applying the same philosophy to development that we want the players to use so we can all understand each other better."

Fuzzikoalas confirms that this lack of direction includes future expansions, though he doesn't discount the possibility of adding visible options in to specific expansion ideas or zones that would benefit from it. In general, though, he believes that exploration in Gizzard's indeterminable world "works better and feels better in our limited view when you're doing it without any light."

He also promises that Gizzard will continue working to improve its selection of rentable seeing eye dogs in the game to prevent any major frustration from this change: "The goal is to increase excitement in getting from point A to point B but retaining as much of the gameplay and depth as possible while you stumble around getting to that point, if you make it at all."

NEXT ARTICLE:

FLASHLIGHTS WITH FIVE MINUTE DURATIONS, MINER HELMETS FOR TEN MINUTES, BIOLUMINESCENT BATTLE PETS AND SPARKLE PONIES WITH SPORADICALLY FLASHING HOOVES -- COULD NEW CASH SHOP ITEMS GET ANY MORE THRILLING?!
    I mean yeah I'm still pissed about no flying but this thread was fucking hilarious.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

That's pretty amazing.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Resurrecting this thread for something that made me laugh really hard:

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Seeing how this thread got a res, might as well thrown this in here:

http://www.somethingawful.com/weeken...of-warcraft/1/

It's very old, but still amusing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Sadly i agree with the post about warriors...

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Bringing this thread back for great justice.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749087619

I fucking died.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

For the sake of man-kind, I hope this is a troll. Enjoy!

Hardcore, yup.

The thread gets better.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...3742548#post-1