1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    I suppose; though in XI the Wyrmking was Bahamut, so I was mostly thinking in regards to that.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...627#post898627
    6. Do the dragons of Dravania worship a primal? And if so, who? Is it Nidhogg? Midgardsormr? Someone else?

Yoshi-p dropped a few bombs last week revealing that both Midgardsormr and Nidhogg were not primals, but dragon ‘kings.’ However, he also revealed that the dragons are a beast tribe...and that beast tribes have their own gods (primals)... So...
    There was another post with more detail about dragons but I can't find it right now. The TL;DR is: Bahamut isn't a dragon king in this game, he's a dragon god.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Seiryu will be their primal.

Sky Gods coming back, its going to be Tu'lia damn it!!!

please be tu'lia

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Seiryu will be their primal.

Sky Gods coming back, its going to be Tu'lia damn it!!!

please be tu'lia
    as long as I can do it more than once a week I don't really care what raid they add.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Dollars to doughnuts that people still cant wrap their head around the fact this game doesn't build off the lore, story and every other aspect of FFXI. Because that's entirely what it seems! Try and keep in mind that there are two types of flying fire breathing lizard things, dragons and wyrms.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Dollars to doughnuts that people still cant wrap their head around the fact this game doesn't build off the lore, story and every other aspect of FFXI. Because that's entirely what it seems! Try and keep in mind that there are two types of flying fire breathing lizard things, dragons and wyrms.
    What?

Same playable races created for XI, same Avatars/Primals, same enemy character models in a lot of cases, same 3 city-state geography. Obviously not the same lore, because of different Realms. But, when they reveal that there is another Realm named Vana'diel on the same planet and cross them over, your face!

Maybe you havent noticed that a reasonable size portion of content in this game is generated by other games in FF universes. They may use them in a unique way, but it originated in a different FF game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The words are frequently used interchangeably, they're also both fictional.

There's no "proper" distinction between the two unless a one is established in a given work of fiction.

I thought wyrms had no forelegs while dragons did.

WHAT ARE DRAGONS?!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Easy, they are born of moons. #doctorwho

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

FFXIV 3.0 : Heavensward - Expansion Information and Discussion

Wyverns have no forelegs, duh. Wyrms is a title usually given to large or elder dragons or more snake-like dragons.

Naul = wyvern
    Svara = wyrm

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

In the Shantotto crossover FATE event doesn't she say she came from another dimension? I think of Vana'diel and Eorzea as parallel dimensions; much the same in the basic aspects but somewhere along the line shit diverged. It makes sense that way that they share so many things.

So we're getting NIN and then DRK, we're going to be drowning in freaking dps. New tank and healer jobs wru?

Ishgard looks so much like Windhelm. It looks awesome.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

DRK could easily be a tank

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Kinda like how NIN could have easily been a tank?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And they did say multiple jobs with the expansion. DRK will be one so most likely it'll be one dps, one healer, and one tank job. Question though is will the jobs branch off from new classes or from existing ones? Didn't they once say they intended for all the classes to branch off into two jobs the way Arcanist does SCH and SMN?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    And they did say multiple jobs with the expansion. DRK will be one so most likely it'll be one dps, one healer, and one tank job. Question though is will the jobs branch off from new classes or from existing ones? Didn't they once say they intended for all the classes to branch off into two jobs the way Arcanist does SCH and SMN?
    I doubt they'll branch off existing ones because they'd automatically be 50 for some people unless they were actually okay with that (doubt it) or did something to prevent that (possible, not sure what though).

They more or less acknowledged that the multiple jobs from one class thing wasn't going to work (Yoshi basically said as much in one interview or another when asked about it).

Unless they do a massive revamp of the job/class system with 3.0 I wouldn't expect to see much of it.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    I didn't see it as the WAR changing jobs to DRG so much as just some dude walking through the snow and being like "osht dragons" and then a scene of some DRGs + leader DRG getting ready to kick some ass, but looking back at the video and the few points where it shows his face in both, it's definitely the same dude. Guess he got tired of tanking and just wants to lay down for a bit.
    I think its pretty badass because I can't remember another game that actually up and displayed the fact that its "main character" can change his role whenever he wants. You can clearly see its "Main War Guy" because you can see the outline of his Bravura under the wraps slung on his shoulder. I was expecting him to change from Drg to Sam whenever the "obligatory Far East expansion" drops, but shit, we've already got nin here and Sam was name dropped, so maybe he'll change into CANNONEER or Berserker next time.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Don't forget he was an archer in 1.0 opening movie. So him changing classes/jobs each expansion is pretty neat!

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    In the Shantotto crossover FATE event doesn't she say she came from another dimension?
    All Vana'diel is, is one cluster fuck of dimensions that they hop in and out of that have no affect on the world around them.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dun cur if DRK or SAM end up tanking. Going to main the fuck out em

I really hope they will implement additional jobs to existing classes.
    Classes already feel a little redundant and pointless, and creating a new one each time they release a new job won't really help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast