Thread: Meanwhile, in Florida.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

and if you're attacked on the shore?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Oh, you mean in the very water you're told to stay out of?

Guess that's why they're putting up "Gators be thar" signs. This family couldn't have known that, but the "No Swimming" should have tipped off to stay out.

Riptides claim lives too, you know, and far more often.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    and if you're attacked on the shore?
    Run in zigzags!

Alligators don't chase on land. If they miss their initial strike they don't follow up. But they can still reach pretty much their entire body length out of the water.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Run in zigzags!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Such a great scene.

SERPENTINE!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Growing up in Florida you learn that if it's not salty or chlorinated you absolutely do not get in to swim. I always cringe in TV and movies when people just go take dips in random lakes and rivers, because I've never looked at a lake down here and thought "Wow, I'd sure love to cool off in there!" Not just because they're infested with alligators and other creatures but they're just gross in general. Pool or ocean or bust. I fell into the canal in my backyard once and it was a steep fall with no way to get out and I had to wait for someone to come with a rope, and all I could think of was I was going to be eaten by alligators since I had seen a bunch in that canal before. Alligators are cool though, they have a bad rep like sharks and I hate when they're fear-mongered on the media and needlessly killed

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Not even growing up in Florida gets you that way though. It wasn't even long after I moved here when I was well aware that there are just some places you don't want to dip your toes into. I've read stories of people going swimming in fucking retention ponds and wondered what the actual hell was wrong with those people.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Growing up in Florida you learn that if it's not salty or chlorinated you absolutely do not get in to swim. I always cringe in TV and movies when people just go take dips in random lakes and rivers, because I've never looked at a lake down here and thought "Wow, I'd sure love to cool off in there!" Not just because they're infested with alligators and other creatures but they're just gross in general. Pool or ocean or bust. I fell into the canal in my backyard once and it was a steep fall with no way to get out and I had to wait for someone to come with a rope, and all I could think of was I was going to be eaten by alligators since I had seen a bunch in that canal before. Alligators are cool though, they have a bad rep like sharks and I hate when they're fear-mongered on the media and needlessly killed
    Sometimes you'll still find gators in pools lol. But yeah, it's a look before you swim bit. One of the things I just recently learned not that long ago is that there's actually crocs in the everglades as well. And something bad(thanks Miami) some people have actually released Nile crocs into the everglades(unrelated to the other crocs that are there).

BG Level

American crocodiles are critically endangered and extremely shy.

Niles are another matter.

Miami man busted for stealing car from high school twerks for judge because Miami

http://wsvn.com/news/local/police-ar...dison-sr-high/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

NOTHING LIKE MUSHED BABY AM I RIGHT FLORIDA

A 6-year-old boy beat his newborn sister to death after their 62-year-old mother left her young children alone in a car for more than a half hour while she went to get her cellphone fixed, authorities on Florida's Gulf Coast said.

Now the mother, Kathleen Marie Steele, is charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/m...death-41324777

WHY IS THE MOM 62 and kid 6... WHY FLORIDA WHY

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    WHY IS THE MOM 62 and kid 6... WHY FLORIDA WHY
    That isn't even all of it.

http://patch.com/florida/pinellasbea...t-55-years-old

Breaking: The 62-year-old woman charged in the death of her infant appeared on the reality TV show "I’m Pregnant And 55 Years Old”
    Edit: it was actually in the original abc link too, so i guess redundant but that was my favorite part.

The van's ceiling was covered in blood and investigators said the baby was likely dead when her mother returned to the car. Her elder son tried to tell her something was wrong with the baby, but authorities said she disregarded him and stopped at a rental car company before heading home. That's when she noticed the baby's injuries.

Even so, Gulatieri said Steele didn't call 911. Instead, she called a neighbor who is a nurse. The nurse recognized the baby was dead, but performed CPR until paramedics arrived.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

A new high in lows, even for Florida. Fucking terrible.

How do you reach that age and fail so hard as a parent/human still? She seems like the type of person who would sell their kids on the black market to fund an addiction.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Reading something like that makes me feel very strongly for breeding regulations.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I have a feeling the extremely advanced parental age is the cause of whatever problems that kid has. Sorry but when I was 6 I couldn't even step on an ant, nevertheless kill a baby. Definitely has some kind of mental disorder to do that, 6 year olds aren't THAT dumb normally

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

If the baby is screaming for 45 minutes straight, I wouldn't put anything past anyone.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    If the baby is screaming for 45 minutes straight, I wouldn't put anything past anyone.
    Pretty sure it's proven that a baby's noise is so annoying to people that we simply can't ignore it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag