+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Phone: OnePlus One     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Just used the 2nd one on an impulse. Kinda excited though...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I have some invites. Pm for them.

Paying it back.

Edit: all gone.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does anyone have an invite? My S2 is starting to act up and need to replace it, the OnePlus One looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    Does anyone have an invite? My S2 is starting to act up and need to replace it, the OnePlus One looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for.
    PM'ed

I have 2 that I'm sitting on because I have to wait for my contract with VZ to expire D;. I'm not paying 300+ to fkn cancel >B(

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So how is this phone? My contract is up soon. I've been on an iPhone 4 for nearly 3 years.

Does rooting allow for customization like a JB iPhone does?

It's pretty much auto-rooted from the factory without any of the trash on it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Got it today (they tried to deliver it yesterday but I wasn't home), just 3 days after placing the order.

The phone is great, the change in screen size from the S2 is just amazing, I didn't expect 1.2" to make such a huge difference lol, web browsing is so much smoother.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    So how is this phone? My contract is up soon. I've been on an iPhone 4 for nearly 3 years.

Does rooting allow for customization like a JB iPhone does?
    I switched from a 6+ and I love it so far. It's way easier to hold with one hand (due to smaller bezel) and it's lightning quick. Only negative is that some popular apps aren't supported (I miss Paper for Facebook) or aren't optimized (Brave Frontier) for the phone but the overall experience has been great. This is of no fault to the OnePlus devs and has more to do with Android/Software Devs.

Just make sure that you unregister from iMessage and if you're on ATT, make sure you properly update your IMEI/APN settings. The lady at my store didn't know shit so I was unable to send or receive MMS (picture messages) until I learned how to configure my APN settings on my own.

Like the other posters said, rooting the phone isn't NECESSARY since the Cyanogenmod is arguably the best version of Android 4.4 on the market. I only rooted mine because I wanted to see and use iOS emoji's because I like the look of them over the ugly Android ones. I'll probably download some emulators but I'm fine with my phone at the moment. The battery is also a beast as well.

All in all, I'm very happy with the switch from iOS to Android, and I'm glad I got it.

My Nexus 5 seems to be on its last legs and I just bought one for myself (already got one for my wife and she loved it). Can't wait

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just bought one but realized it only came to like 40 bucks cheaper than an S5 for me. This shit better work real well with my tinder.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Wow, thanks for the heads up about this phone. I've always been a Google Nexus fan and was anticipating getting the 6 once it released, however it's hella expensive and large, not what the Nexus brand has been noted for. I would prefer not to pay that much for a phone, and I'm kind of a skinny guy and don't imagine that damn thing would fit in my pants pockets. But this phone looks perfect, I'll be seeking one out soon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've gotten a couple invites I couldn't use, I'll post here next time I've got one if I remember. Been loving the phone, working perfectly.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I'm looking for a new phone and this one looks legit. Tossing my name in the hat for an invite. Thanks~

Go to the oneplus subreddit if you need an invite. There's an invite giveaway megathread sticky.

Didn't get shit from there.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've got 2 64gb invites. Any takers?

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Thank you mate, but I was hoping to get the 16 gig one. I haven't used it, idk if once you generate it you're boned and lose an invite?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Thank you mate, but I was hoping to get the 16 gig one. I haven't used it, idk if once you generate it you're boned and lose an invite?
    From what I've seen when we get invites to share, we have 1 week to give them out. Then the person has 24 hours to order the phone once given the invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    They don't make/sell the 16 anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast