+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Phone: OnePlus One     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

k WTF. DHL messaged me saying I need to pay $57 in duties now. Anyone in Canada order one and can tell me how much they paid for duties? I love how I find out about these charges after the fact. Like I thought I'd be getting a $350 phone, and with currency conversion, shipping, taxes and duties, I'm paying $530, which is more than what I'd have paid for a Galaxy S5.

I can still sell this and get an S5. Anyone know if this phone is better than Galaxy S5?

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah it's >S5, and canadian import duties are known

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thing is, my friend said he only paid $27 for duties and he got the phone like a month ago?

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks. I mean I understand if it was $23 5 months ago, but more recent prices would be nice. I'm gonna call DHL either way. Apparently they delivered today.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ok so just got it and uhh.. am I missing something? The UI is like... nonexistent. Am I supposed to do something in the setting? I've never really had a "unlocked" phone or whatever

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What do you mean with the UI is non-existent? There's no icons/dock/etc? iirc Cyanogen has the default android UI, I had no problems with it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I mean it looks ugly as shit. Like a phone out of 2010 or something. Boxy icons, boring unlock screen. I don't even have emojis in texts. Colon + end parenthesis doesn't turn into a nice smiley face.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Also my phonebook didn't automatically sync up to everyone's respective social media to have their picture and stuff, and I don't see the option?

I mean I don't know anything about these things. Do the phones that I usually get from my providers have stuff pre-installed that does these things for you? So I gotta download a bunch of shit?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, most big manufacturers have their own layer of UI customization (ie: Samsung has TouchWiz, HTC has Sense), there are many apps that can make your UI look like them if you want to. Phones you get from carriers also come with a bunch of preinstalled apps, but they don't change the UI.

You can change the look of the icons and... well, everything. You only have to download icon packs or w/e, you can replace the icons with any image you want, there are also launchers that change how the UI behaves if you don't like the default one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    I mean it looks ugly as shit. Like a phone out of 2010 or something. Boxy icons, boring unlock screen. I don't even have emojis in texts. Colon + end parenthesis doesn't turn into a nice smiley face.
    The UI is completely customizable, just google whatever you want it to look like and there will be guides.

I've never heard anyone complain about having pure Android until now

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So is that the same thing as "Themes"? So if I want it to look like the HTC One S I had, I have to download a "HTC One Theme"? Do people have a favourite theme they would recommend?

Will that also fix the emojis and contact syncing? It just feels like... a bare phone with not many features?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I've never heard anyone complain about having pure Android until now
    I have a Nexus 5 and I cannot figure out what Maz is upset about lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Holy crap, is it seriously not possible to link Facebook accounts to your phone contacts? I used to have everyone's facebook pictures on their contact profile with the HTC, but I see absolutely no option to do it here. So my contacts are now 95% without pictures?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Sync.me?

Is barebones android with cm11 that confusion that you need to lean on preinstalled bloat ware?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yea I have no clue with phones. Just spent 3 hours trying to transfer all my SMS over with SMS Restore and Whatever, and after multiple crashes/perma loading screens/unable to text, I deleted all the transferred texts and decided to contend with the fact that I'll never have my old texts on this phone.

I hate getting new phones.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

According to their website it states their phone will be available to buy on Jan 20th without an invite.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

God dammit, apparently they were only open without invites for 2hours from 7-9pm EST when I was busy. If anyone has an invite hit me up.

Edit: Someone sent me an invite, thanks a lot guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast