+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Phone: OnePlus One     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I will sell mine(2) to anyone interested after the 10th of this month. Obviously for cheaper than retail.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Oxygen OS is released.
    https://blog.oneplus.net/2015/04/oxygenos-is-here-2/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/o...-guide.289398/

I'm not sure whether I should update to the new Cyanogen Mod or use Oxygen OS, what are your guys thoughts? Updating to Oxygen requires a system wipe and other bullhonkey to flash it so I'm not in a hurry right now, I'll wait until CM comes out and think about it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I doubt anyone can give any real advice at the moment. Need Oxygen to be tested a bit at least.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oxygen is their inhouse lollipop build for when their contract with CM ends, and for countries where CM fucked them, I'd give it a few months before it's prob worth swapping.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My OPO arrived Saturday, and while I don't have a SIM card for it. I have been messing around with it, and it has to be my favorite phone out of any I have used.

I will also be replacing my S4 soon enough (G4 if LG and shitVerizon play their cards right), but I wanted to compare stock OPO CM11 camera to the Color .api floating around and to the S4. All on auto mode.

I started with pictures of the office, and the stock OPO cam failed miserably at the wood color. It was a bit of a cherry, I couldn't tell you the exact. The S4 nailed it pretty well, and the the OPO could seriously make a cherry/mahogany seem like a bamboo. It was frankly embarrassing to the hardware that it used. The color OS camera did better, but still not good enough. However, I messed with the balances a bit and it did a much better job.
    Why am I typing this instead of showing you? Well, because I started messing with HDR and things, and forgot which pictures were which so that is a do-over.

When Bella came over to my lap though I knew it was a perfect chance to compare the 3.

While the S4 seemingly did best in the office at color reproduction (all I mostly look for) it quickly became abysmal in my comparison. Both having trouble focusing, and the historically bad noise (it really is about the worst compared to other flagships) that both the S4 and S5 have.

That being said the OPO on auto is very susceptible to direct light. You can watch it try to adjust best for the light, but tends to ruin the shot because of it.

I can do more comparisons between the two (OPO) or three (OPO and S4) if anyone cares. It is certainly not cut and dry when it comes to what should obviously be a better snapper (OPO, hehe, snapper).

The not so easy (or even good) comparison of the dog in direct light:
    Spoiler: show

The light was directly above me in these shots.
    Stock OPO CM (finicky with the light, but this was a better one, tends to be washed out with poorer reproductions):

Color OS Cam (this shot was the most accurate, as you can see they are blue jeans and not black like above):

S4 (the S4 always has trouble focusing close up on unclear targets, and shots are always closer when zoomed out on the S4 from what looks like the aspect ratio):

It is interesting how the LED light above me on even the Color camera throws it off a bit as there is light on the dog, but they are not that golden.The stock OPO CM cam is drastically off from the light , but the S4 ignores the light for a closer color reproduction, but is oversaturated. I should have gotten this desk in each shot too because that wood is twice as dark in the stock CM picture as in reality.
    Low light:
    Spoiler: show

I carried this with me over two flights across the coast of China back and forth with nothing but one piece of newspaper and some twine on it. For almost 9,000 miles like Marco fucking Polo. I love it and so it is the low light comparison.

Stock CM:

Color OS (most accurate):

S4 (laughably bad, and the S5 would be similarly bad to this):

No artwork I buy will ever surpass this calligraphy because I won the bet that I would not break the "Chinese glass" taking it through multiple checkpoints, x-ray machines, and a couple of flights at my feet.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Now available to buy without an invite.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They are also supposed to reveal OnePlus Two and OnePlus One Lite (which will actually be upgraded One).

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Kewl that the One Plus One is now available without an invite, but the two new OPT and OPT lite will require invites

Ran around with Bella on Saturday, and I was really impressed with how the video came out after holding a phone out chest level while running and jumping.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This phone should be far more widespread and popular than it is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Well, one of the reasons it's so cheap it's because they do not spend a lot on marketing and that's why it's not so widespread.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Tesla status.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If anyone gets an invite for the one plus two please let me know, I'm in the market for a new phone and since Samsung fucked up the s6 this is my best bet

I have one you can buy from me if you want.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For one plus two? I didn't even hear they were doing invites for this already.

Oh oops I meant OPO :D lol.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I have one you can buy from me if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Oh oops I meant OPO :D lol.
    Good thing there is no longer an invite system for the OPO.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The One Pus Two is now launching. They have some goofy ass app you can download that plays a VR stereoscopic video to showcase the device. I started watching it then left the app and it restarted and I couldn't be bothered to restart watching it all over from the start so...
    https://oneplus.net/hype

Edit: They just announced the price: $329 US for 16GB, $389 US for 64GB.

https://oneplus.net/2

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Tossing my hat into the loop I sign up for the waiting list on both my work / personal looking to get a 64 gb version.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

will this work on google fi? is it even plausible to expect future non-nexus devices to work on google-fi?

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    will this work on google fi? is it even plausible to expect future non-nexus devices to work on google-fi?
    The first iteration didn't, and seeing as only the Nexus 6, afaik, supports it, I think it's a safe bet to assume not. However, fret not, a new Nexus 5 device is supposed to be released soon with a pricepoint similar to the original nexus 5 (around $350 unlocked and contract free).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast