+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Thinning a little bit and I'm 36. Beard is starting to get a noticeable amount of grey and white hairs among the ginger. Yes. I am a brown haired man with a strangely ginger beard.
    I've got the same thing. Dark hair, olive complexion, dark eyes, brown & red beard. Been told the only time I can pass as Irish is when I grow my beard out (only my grandmother on my dad's side isn't Irish, she was Italian).

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

My hair line has been receding since I was about 28 myself.

Both my grandpappy's were bald. I've known I was going to go bald since I was like 5. I've moved on.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've got the vegeta receding hair line going, it's been there since I was 21 (29 now) but only over the last 2 years has it started to creep back a bit. If I start balding up top on that island I'll have to learn how to be shaved bald. I'll cry that day

I'm like VI or VII on the OP pic, pretty much lost the hair on the top of my head by the time I was 24. I contribute part of it to scalp/skin issues, but my dad is also similarly bald. I think I just started way earlier than he did. Otherwise, when growing up, it seemed like my hair grew in 2-3x faster than most other kids, as I could go from buzzed to like 2 inches in a month. I don't know if there's some scientific evidence of hair growing too fast and burning out its lifespan sooner, but if so, well, that's me.

In this span, though, I've gone from strawberry blonde to more a blonde/brown with what's left. Got the ginger beard with no ability to grow a stache, either. </3 genetics. As I mentioned recently in the fail thread, I do keep myself buzzed short these days to help cut down on skin irritation from heat that thicker hair traps. I don't do full-on skin exposure because that's just irritate me in other ways. Heck, right now I've got 3 or so rashes just from trimming myself yesterday. :/

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm 29 now; the hairline started to recede when I was 27 and has since largely stopped for no reason that I can ascertain. I really don't care that much though at this point; still have a decent head of hair and baldness is not a particularly common dealbreaker amongst my female friends. One tip though: do not use Propecia; some have no issues, but it is not worth the risk. Tried it for three weeks and had noticeable sexual issues; stopped it immediately and everything went back to normal in a week or two. Wulfgang Jr. > hair

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm a straight up VI @28 years old and was well on the way @22. No guard clippers because I got too lazy after doing the full shave thing for about a year. Related news, I don't know if I have decent shaped head privilege or what but I can not understand a choice to combover. (Haven't seen any pictures in this thread, just general people I see about town)

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I started to go bald in my mid twenties, I took after my mom's father's side for sure. Same horseshoe kind of pattern.

I also have/had seborrhea (form of dermatitis on the scalp) that caused excess oil to be produced, as well as scabs and shit all over my head. Looked fucking terrible while I had hair and when it was thinning was even worse.

Then, one day many years ago I was on the bus, I saw some dude with 3 small strands/strips of hair combed over his bald ass head, and I decided "I'm not going to end up like this guy, in denial"

That weekend I shaved my head (this is about 6.5 years ago) and haven't looked back since honestly. The dermatitis was really irritating at first, until about 2 weeks passed, and since I had no hair (from shaving) my head cleared up really nice. It also helps that I have a perfectly shaped head. No bumps, oblong etc. I always get complimented, lol.

I shave it every day, takes about 5 minutes. Beats the shit out of combing it, gel, etc. Even if I could have hair back on my head, I wouldn't want it. It's so easy.

Just man up and shave that shit. It beats the balding look, trust me. People will have to adjust to it, and ask why you did. I just tell them I was going bald. I don't give a fuck. Since doing it, my attention from women went up dramatically. Well I guess getting in much better shape has helped as well, but still.

Never tried Rogaine or any of that other shit. Too expensive for temporary results (if you stop using it you lose it fast, so fuck that) and hair implants can cost tens of thousands of dollars and is extremely painful/unpleasant.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I use Nioxin for two years. It's a kit with shampoo, treatment, and some spray. It really helped me during this time even I mostly use the shampoo. I highly recommend it

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll be 27 next week, and I'm a III from the OP img at this point. In all of the old pictures of me in the IRL thread I'm probably a I and II depending on year.

I'm definitely starting to turn into a strong vegeta widows peak.

Spoiler: show

I personally stopped using shampoo and conditioner about 3 years ago and I think it helped a lot. I used to look down at my hands after lathering my head with shampoo and there would be a lot of hair not in my head anymore. Just scrubbing with water has resulted in a lot less loss per shower. But it's always falling out, during the day too, I'll find them randomly on me.

My hair is a little long right now, starting to look bad so I'm buzzing it this weekend. That pretty much looks the best, I'm just a bad procrastinator.

As for genetics, I've always been told it's your mothers side that you get it from. I feel like for me it's a combo of mother and father. My dad pretty much just has a wrap around, and that came to fruition when he was 27-29. My mom has thin hair but no balding on her, and her dad is 73 and finally going bald on top. But he's more or less had hair his whole life.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Well if it's from your mother's side, I just plain got fucked over. My grandfather had a full head of hair when he passed at 80. Both of his sons have full heads of hair post 50.

I just bought a good pair of clippers from the local beauty supply and shave my dome every few days. I miss my shoulder length hair from my early twenties though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The game was over for me before it ever even began.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

What's worse though? Receding hairline or this:

Mutant black and grey hairs

oh that was from my chin too, not the top of my head

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

^ this i can relate to.. that is a weird moment when you realize you are getting grey hairs. Got my first when i was 26? Got random ones here and there.