+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Saw this last night with the gf; we both really enjoyed it. I liked the incorporation of the cosmic Marvel Universe (Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, etc) and the action was cool. I agree with some of you in that Brie Larson felt a little flat throughout the movie.

I wish that:
    Spoiler: show
    Ronan and Korath were fleshed out a little more. I read that some of Ronan's scenes were cut and I was trying to figure out why Korath decided to start hanging out with Ronan later on...

Also, maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but wasn't Captain American called "The First Avenger" and was he ever referred to as such during WW2?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Saw this last night with the gf; we both really enjoyed it. I liked the incorporation of the cosmic Marvel Universe (Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, etc) and the action was cool. I agree with some of you in that Brie Larson felt a little flat throughout the movie.

I wish that:
    Ronan and Korath were fleshed out a little more. I read that some of Ronan's scenes were cut and I was trying to figure out why Korath decided to start hanging out with Ronan later on...

Also, maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but wasn't Captain American called "The First Avenger" and was he ever referred to as such during WW2?
    I believe it was just a tagline for the movie, and not an actual title he was referred to as in the movie.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post

I wish that:

She isn't the first avengers either. Her call sign was the inspiration for Fury starting the Avengers Initiative.

Yeah, that makes sense.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I saw it opening weekend. I wanted to post about it but my PSU decided to fail the day before.

Anyway..

What can I say that people haven't said already.

It definitely wasn't the strongest origin story of the MCU.

Fury baby talking the cat cracked me up. Goose stole the show.

I did not like how they changed the original Captain Mar-vell to a woman. What would be so wrong with her having a man as the person she most admires?

Needed more Agent Coulson.

The woman who played Carol's friend was REALLY good in this movie!

I was worried the CGI would look cheesy but it looked decent. Especially towards the end. Her costume and the way she used her powers were spot on.

I liked the little touches they put in that some moviegoers might have missed. Like after she crashes through the Blockbuster and as shes walking out is looking at the tapes and picks up one and looks at it. It was, "The Right Stuff." heh.

Despite it's problems overall I enjoyed it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post

I did not like how they changed the original Captain Mar-vell to a woman. What would be so wrong with her having a man as the person she most admires?

Whats wrong with her having a woman as a person she most admires?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Changing Mar-vell's gender makes it more believable they would be using female test pilots.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Changing Mar-vell's gender makes it more believable they would be using female test pilots.
    Especially in the freaking 90s!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just saw it and I really enjoyed it idfk what’s wrong with people

Is it just small dicks or what?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Just saw it and I really enjoyed it idfk what’s wrong with people

Is it just small dicks or what?
    If the Dem thread is anything to go by, it's uncircumcised dicks.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Nah it's the cut dicks that hate women power

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My uncut dick thought it was a grand ol’ time and see nothing wrong with a movie pandering a bit to young girls if it helps them feel better about themselves tbh. If that somehow makes dudes feel bad about themselves then I truly don’t know wtf. Cannot conceive of that mind.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    My uncut dick thought it was a grand ol’ time and see nothing wrong with a movie pandering a bit to young girls if it helps them feel better about themselves tbh. If that somehow makes dudes feel bad about themselves then I truly don’t know wtf. Cannot conceive of that mind.
    But wait. Let me list these ten movies that came out 20+ years ago that pandered to girls; therefore, this film didn’t need it. /sarcasm as I have actually since this argument several times on the interwebs.

Aka small dicks.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    But wait. Let me list these ten movies that came out 20+ years ago that pandered to girls; therefore, this film didn’t need it. /sarcasm as I have actually since this argument several times on the interwebs.

Aka small dicks.
    But Ripley!!!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just saw it, thought it was really well done. There were a number of things in the movie that make me want to go back and watch some of the others, because I forget some of the details. I feel like the trailers really made her seem to be sans a personality, but in the movie that wasn't the case at all. Looking forward to seeing her in Avengers.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

‘Captain Marvel’ Smashes $1 Billion Milestone at Global Box Office

“Captain Marvel” is the seventh pic in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to reach this milestone, joining the ranks of “Avengers: Infinity War,” “Black Panther,” “The Avengers,” “Captain America: Civil War,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” and “Iron Man 3.” It also marks the 18th Disney movie to gross over $1 billion. The 21 films in the MCU have collectively hauled $18.5 billion to date.
    Disney must have spent a lot of money on tickets /s

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Don't underestimate that feminist conspiracy. It's a long game. Spending $1BN now is nothing for them to be able to push us shitty girl power movies in the future.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    ‘Captain Marvel’ Smashes $1 Billion Milestone at Global Box Office

Disney must have spent a lot of money on tickets /s
    Of course it had to be Disney. The SJWs are too busy patrolling online to see it and inflate it that much.

Seriously though, I need to make time for this and Shazam for next week after I'm no longer on call.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

First film of 2019 to reach $1 billion at the box office.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries