1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    there's an NPC in the shire that melds for you for 1k gil without needing a catalyst
    The heck? Why would you do it normally then, since catalysts usually cost more than 1k for g4+.

well...technically its free if you have a lv50 gatherer.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I think the new NPCs also can't overmeld, so they're not useful for the new crafting/gathering gear?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

console pleb thinking about using my laptop to play on pc. it's a new but not beefy laptop, scored slightly low 1900ish on the benchmark. anyone have an idea if i could make it work with scaling back a few things, or should i not even bother?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you do stuff casually then shouldn't have a problem, gathering crafting etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Kind of a random question, but has anyone played on the JP servers (looking at Tonberry) from Korea? I'm relocating there for a year in a week and was wondering if the latency is playable. I know Korea has their own servers but I was told that you can't transfer characters from JP/NA/EU to the KR/China servers.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Korea is pretty close to Japan. I don't think you will have any problem. I play on JP server from NA, so definitly farther away ans latency is "acceptable".

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Been reading the last few pages of this thread and while it has some good information for returning players it seems rather question specific. I was wondering was there a TLDR guide or best practice to stick to when returning for 3.0+ content?

I left after about 3 weeks of HW being released. Nearly all my classes were 50 at the time. I was pretty focused on end game and had beaten Bahamut Extreme before he nerf. I remember getting SCH to 55 and was progressing through the MSQ and unlocking flying in each zone as I was going from the Aether nodes and then quests to finish it up. Picking up from there should I just stick to the same? Do the MSQ / Quests until I reach 60 on SCH granted I want to keep that as my main.

Appreciate any good repository of info to digest while at work etc that will provide the best info with getting back up to speed and current with things.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I can give some advice later when I get home explaining my experience/advice on progress unless someone beats me to it

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I can give some advice later when I get home explaining my experience/advice on progress unless someone beats me to it
    Thanks would appreciate that

BG Level

Okay I'm home. Sorry for the long delay. Anyway...

Leveling
    For progression you got the gist of it. Continuing the main story to unlock new areas (since all HW zones are locked behind progresing the main story) to get EXP and getting aether currents to get your flying mount is a good start. One thing I didn't notice you mentioning were Clan Hunts. If you're not doing these then start on them ASAP since they offer 2 benefits:

1 - Centurio Seals to start gear progression at 60
    2 - Modest amount of EXP

There's 4 quests, each one unlocks more marks you can do for seals/EXP:

Lv 53: Let the Clan Hunt Begin (Foundation)
    Lv 56: Better Bill Hunting (Foundation)
    Lv 59: Top Marks (Idyllshire)
    Lv 60: Elite and Dangerous (Foundation)

Clan Marks reset daily so make sure to do them on a daily basis.

Also dungeon grinding isn't too bad in HW at that point from my experience, so it's a good way to get some EXP/possibly better gear.

Additionally if you want an easy 235 weapon, you can start on Palace of the Dead early since the min level required to enter is 17 (The dungeon uses its own leveling system). This can help you skip the i230 Lore Tomestone weapon and save you some time on upgrading armor.

Level 60
    For basic ilvl progression, this is what I followed. I'm excluding dungeons since that gear is mostly minor upgrades you won't really have a problem upgrading:

170 - Centurion Seal Weapon/Armor
    The seals you gathered from hunts will be a good start to getting you equipped at 60.

180 - Upgraded Centurion Seal Weapon/Armor
    If you have spare seals you can spend them to upgrade your gear.

Void Ark Armor
    Once you're i175 you can begin Void Ark (The first 24-man raid in HW) while I wouldn't focus on gear since Esoterics tomestone gear is the same iLv, the Mhachi Farthing you get for completing a dungeon per run are used to upgrade your i200 and i230 gear.

200 Antiquated Esoterics Weapon/Armor
    Vendor in Idyllshire exchanges Esoterics for i200 gear.

**NOTE: Once you get around a full set I'd suggest finishing the first wing of Alexander (Gordian) the gear probably won't match what you currently have (It's 190), but you want to get started on Midas ASAP.

210 Upgraded Esoterics Weapon/Armor
    The Farthings you can get can be exchanged for upgrade items. Take the item/piece of equipment to another vendor in Idyllshire which will upgrade the gear.

**NOTE: Once you're fairly comfortable and your average is i200+ begin on Alexander Midas. The gear here is i220 but your goal is getting to the final instance (Burden of the Son) ASAP for the weekly Midan Gear drop. The sooner you can start the less of a hassle you'll have on your i230 weapon.

230 - Weeping City Armor
    The current 24-man raid. Weekly limit on armor. You also get a Mhachi Coin as a weekly drop which is used to upgrade your Lore Tomestone armor.

230 - Tomestone of Lore Weapon
    There's a bit of a catch for your Tomestone of Lore weapon. In order to obtain it you need 1 High-capacity Tomestone (Which is obtained in one of the Alexander Midas Savage instances or for 7 Midan Gears) and 10 Rowena's Token (Lore)s. This process will take 3 weeks if you get the tomestone from Savage and 7 if you get it by exchanging Midan Gears. Whatever the choice remember you'll need 1000 Tomestones of Lore for as well.
    **NOTE: Unless you plan on upgrading your knife through Midas Savage/until they allow the drop outside of it, you can completely skip this and begin working on your i235 from Palace of the Dead to help save you some time.

230 - Tomestone of Lore Armor
    General exchange for Tomestones of Lore. No catch like the weapon.

240 - Augmented Tomestone of Lore Armor
    The Mhachi Farthing and Coin you get from the 24-man instances can be used to buy a higher tier upgrade item to use on your Lore armor. Same vendor for your i200 gear.

**NOTE: You can't upgrade your weapon this way. To get the item to upgrade your weapon you need to do Alexander Midas Savage

After that unless you do Savage/Your relic there isn't much else to go on gear progression wise.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the slop job, but it's a quick reference.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Honestly jumping into Palace of the Dead to get at least one i235 weapon right now is probably the fastest.

BG Level

That is true even though it's pretty boring. And you can start without being 60.

BG Level

Updated with the Palace of the Dead since Eldelphia is right it can save you some time and focus on other gear slots.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    well...technically its free if you have a lv50 gatherer.
    Opportunity cost. If you go farm it you could go sell it. I have all crafts/gatherers @ 60 and use that npc for grade 4/5's.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Apologies for the late response... Holy shit nougats batman thats lots of detail thanks so much for the breakdown! Wasnt expecting for there to be that much to catch up on. Will check out the Palace of te Dead. Like a new 24 man?

Ill have to start checking out some updated class/job videos i guess the rotations / general job play has changed quite a bit since new abilities etc. Not sure i want to stick with SCH. I presume using a healer or tank is still the best for ques etc or can that be server dependent?

Anyone know what would be the more popular GMT / EU server?

Okay I'm home. Sorry for the long delay. Anyway...

Leveling
    For progression you got the gist of it. Continuing the main story to unlock new areas (since all HW zones are locked behind progresing the main story) to get EXP and getting aether currents to get your flying mount is a good start. One thing I didn't notice you mentioning were Clan Hunts. If you're not doing these then start on them ASAP since they offer 2 benefits:

1 - Centurio Seals to start gear progression at 60
    2 - Modest amount of EXP

There's 4 quests, each one unlocks more marks you can do for seals/EXP:

Lv 53: Let the Clan Hunt Begin (Foundation)
    Lv 56: Better Bill Hunting (Foundation)
    Lv 59: Top Marks (Idyllshire)
    Lv 60: Elite and Dangerous (Foundation)

Clan Marks reset daily so make sure to do them on a daily basis.

Also dungeon grinding isn't too bad in HW at that point from my experience, so it's a good way to get some EXP/possibly better gear.

Additionally if you want an easy 235 weapon, you can start on Palace of the Dead early since the min level required to enter is 17 (The dungeon uses its own leveling system). This can help you skip the i230 Lore Tomestone weapon and save you some time on upgrading armor.

Level 60
    For basic ilvl progression, this is what I followed. I'm excluding dungeons since that gear is mostly minor upgrades you won't really have a problem upgrading:

170 - Centurion Seal Weapon/Armor
    The seals you gathered from hunts will be a good start to getting you equipped at 60.

180 - Upgraded Centurion Seal Weapon/Armor
    If you have spare seals you can spend them to upgrade your gear.

Void Ark Armor
    Once you're i175 you can begin Void Ark (The first 24-man raid in HW) while I wouldn't focus on gear since Esoterics tomestone gear is the same iLv, the Mhachi Farthing you get for completing a dungeon per run are used to upgrade your i200 and i230 gear.

200 Antiquated Esoterics Weapon/Armor
    Vendor in Idyllshire exchanges Esoterics for i200 gear.

**NOTE: Once you get around a full set I'd suggest finishing the first wing of Alexander (Gordian) the gear probably won't match what you currently have (It's 190), but you want to get started on Midas ASAP.

210 Upgraded Esoterics Weapon/Armor
    The Farthings you can get can be exchanged for upgrade items. Take the item/piece of equipment to another vendor in Idyllshire which will upgrade the gear.

**NOTE: Once you're fairly comfortable and your average is i200+ begin on Alexander Midas. The gear here is i220 but your goal is getting to the final instance (Burden of the Son) ASAP for the weekly Midan Gear drop. The sooner you can start the less of a hassle you'll have on your i230 weapon.

230 - Weeping City Armor
    The current 24-man raid. Weekly limit on armor. You also get a Mhachi Coin as a weekly drop which is used to upgrade your Lore Tomestone armor.

230 - Tomestone of Lore Weapon
    There's a bit of a catch for your Tomestone of Lore weapon. In order to obtain it you need 1 High-capacity Tomestone (Which is obtained in one of the Alexander Midas Savage instances or for 7 Midan Gears) and 10 Rowena's Token (Lore)s. This process will take 3 weeks if you get the tomestone from Savage and 7 if you get it by exchanging Midan Gears. Whatever the choice remember you'll need 1000 Tomestones of Lore for as well.
    **NOTE: Unless you plan on upgrading your knife through Midas Savage/until they allow the drop outside of it, you can completely skip this and begin working on your i235 from Palace of the Dead to help save you some time.

230 - Tomestone of Lore Armor
    General exchange for Tomestones of Lore. No catch like the weapon.

240 - Augmented Tomestone of Lore Armor
    The Mhachi Farthing and Coin you get from the 24-man instances can be used to buy a higher tier upgrade item to use on your Lore armor. Same vendor for your i200 gear.

**NOTE: You can't upgrade your weapon this way. To get the item to upgrade your weapon you need to do Alexander Midas Savage

After that unless you do Savage/Your relic there isn't much else to go on gear progression wise.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the slop job, but it's a quick reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Honestly jumping into Palace of the Dead to get at least one i235 weapon right now is probably the fastest.
    That is true even though it's pretty boring. And you can start without being 60.
    Updated with the Palace of the Dead since Eldelphia is right it can save you some time and focus on other gear slots.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Palace of the dead is 1-4 man.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Palace of the dead is 1-4 man.
    And if you see comments about the 2 save slot thing being restricting it ended up not being that way. Any "static party" save can be converted to a matched party (df empty spots) and it only lasts that 1-50 run so there's not much of a commitment to going with the same people at all.

BG Level

Also the solo thing is a load of crap. It is possible, but a floor can go from good to shit in the blink of an eye going in alone.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    And if you see comments about the 2 save slot thing being restricting it ended up not being that way. Any "static party" save can be converted to a matched party (df empty spots) and it only lasts that 1-50 run so there's not much of a commitment to going with the same people at all.
    Oreth was wondering if it was a 24man deal, I wasn't talking about anything else.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag