1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    1. In Ishgard (starting HW city) you can accept "big scale" leves which take 10 at a time. Handy if you don't have time to burn them off individually, but the rewards don't scale by 10x
    The exp scale is 3x, but multi turn-in leves are 6 turn-ins instead of 3. This makes them really good for getting mats in some cases as the lv 52+ ones can have various things like lumber, nuggets, ingots, etc. Used to make a mint off holy cedar lumber that way, early on in 3.x they were 15k each and you'd get 60 from one of these grand leves.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

returning player, starting over. I know most of the gig. left around the beginning of Heavensward. that said

- is there anything massively important for me to know now, at the beginning? like "don't ever for the love of god sell [insert X item here]" or "make absolutely certain you start [insert Y quest line here]"? keeping in mind I was level 50 back then (ilvl 110 I think?) so basically anything pre-Heavensward I know about.
    - how's Machinist looking? from what I hear it's a bit of a challenge to play but does well in parties if played correctly. is that true?

Returning player, I had a question. I wasn't really into crafting in ARR, because the amount of investment you would need was just insane, I'm looking to start crafting seriously, however I'm not sure what job it would be the easiest to actually make money from. I'm assuming consumables would be the best way to go for players like myself, where I don't need to invest a whole lot?

You pretty much need every crafting class to 50 at least. Then depending on how much gil you want to make then level those classes to 60.

To make big money tho, pretty much everything to 60

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    You pretty much need every crafting class to 50 at least. Then depending on how much gil you want to make then level those classes to 60.

To make big money tho, pretty much everything to 60
    Ah drat. I thought one of the things HW was supposed to do was remove the requirement of omnicrafting to do stuff. I only have like, a few crafting classes @ 50, I believe.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    returning player, starting over. I know most of the gig. left around the beginning of Heavensward. that said

- is there anything massively important for me to know now, at the beginning? like "don't ever for the love of god sell [insert X item here]" or "make absolutely certain you start [insert Y quest line here]"? keeping in mind I was level 50 back then (ilvl 110 I think?) so basically anything pre-Heavensward I know about.
    - how's Machinist looking? from what I hear it's a bit of a challenge to play but does well in parties if played correctly. is that true?
    The game is too casual for you to worry about your first question. You do get some materia but I-IV tiers don't really sell for a high price anymore. I would queue up for dungeons while working on Quests/FATES/Hunting Log/Challenge Log/ARR Hunts/Heavensward Hunts (50+). If you have a refer a friend setup I think you also get some items that boost your xp 1-30 if you are seriously starting completely over.

I don't really play Machinist so i'm not sure where it fits in the meta.

Edit: Also I heard Palace of the Dead was decent XP for leveling up but I only ran POTD @ 60 so I don't know for sure.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

materia used to be such a good source of income. like I made millions just by leveling up and selling the gear I used naturally.

I didn't do the refer a friend thing. thought about asking someone on here if they wanted to, but I was itching to get back in ASAP.

thanks for the reminder about PotD; I had read about it way back but forgot it was a thing. I definitely want to check that out, it sounds fun.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

materia used to be such a good source of income. like I made millions just by leveling up and selling the gear I used naturally.

I didn't do the refer a friend thing. thought about asking someone on here if they wanted to, but I was itching to get back in ASAP.

thanks for the reminder about PotD; I had read about it way back but forgot it was a thing. I definitely want to check that out, it sounds fun.
    Crafting is supposedly good, but I made a majority of my money selling tomestone crafting mats. It worked out well since I didn't level all my jobs to 60 so instead of spending that on crap gear I just converted it into gil. Also a little protip on that, don't go all out on one item. Demand can be shaky and everyone undercuts everyone. Just because you can afford 99 of an item worth 35k each at the time doesn't mean you're going to sell 99 at 35k each.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tier V materia are still a good source of income. Though they've introduced more ways for people to get them on a weekly basis from doing current content. If you want a good way to get them the last known ways I knew of were Diadem spoil farming and then doing crafts with the green crafting equipment to SB them.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If you have not yet paid your sub fee you can still do the refer a friend thing. At low level it's very good thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

good info on materia and such, thanks. gil seems to be harder to make than it was a year ago - but maybe that's just me, or I'm recalling it wrong. I did get a few good drops from the first three dungeons; the plundered pants alone sold for 30k. so I'm not rich, and I can't afford gear upgrades, but the Smith gear is incredibly good for its level so I'm fine with that. that ring alone o.O +3 to all stats, yikes

I haven't paid my sub fee yet. just started last Sunday so I'm on free trial. does anyone here want to "refer" me? if not I'll just make a thread :3 I'm probably going to play long enough for you to get all the rewards

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

good info on materia and such, thanks. gil seems to be harder to make than it was a year ago - but maybe that's just me, or I'm recalling it wrong. I did get a few good drops from the first three dungeons; the plundered pants alone sold for 30k. so I'm not rich, and I can't afford gear upgrades, but the Smith gear is incredibly good for its level so I'm fine with that. that ring alone o.O +3 to all stats, yikes

I haven't paid my sub fee yet. just started last Sunday so I'm on free trial. does anyone here want to "refer" me? if not I'll just make a thread :3 I'm probably going to play long enough for you to get all the rewards
    Recruitment Code: R3XD8QGE

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Gil isn't too difficult to obtain. Make a map hunting static and do maps daily, you'll be swimming in gil because of how much it hands out not only how much it hands out if you get to the last chamber but the drops are worth a pretty penny as well. Since the release of the aquapolis I've made like 80mil just doing maps.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I'll check that out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    Recruitment Code: R3XD8QGE

Entered the code. I haven't paid for any subscription time yet but I will soon - you'll know when you see the rewards

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll check that out. Thanks!

Entered the code. I haven't paid for any subscription time yet but I will soon - you'll know when you see the rewards
    I already got some feathers, thanks!

I'm gearing up, just goto ivl 180, very clost ilvl190 , is the 2nd set of Alexander raids going to be as easy as the 1st set? 1st I was able to just go in there without knowing anything and did just fine.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From what I've read, Alexander Normal(the ones you did) are easy. Second set is when things get scary in DF.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    From what I've read, Alexander Normal(the ones you did) are easy. Second set is when things get scary in DF.
    Normal mode of the second set of the Alexander raids? Making sure when I say second set, you don't think I mean Savage Alexander.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you mean what is called A2, then yeah you should still be ok and I am probably talking about A1S.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Alexander Midas (A5-8). And yes, they're relatively easy in DF.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag