1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

just came back a few weeks ago and got armorer from 30ish to 60. i cannot for the life of me find where or how to get the master armorer III book, plz assist

lots and lots of blue scrips

Edit: just 360 actually, you can get it from Mor Dhona or Idyllshire (the collectables guy)

how do you open scrips? neither of them will talk to me at the moment and the only quest i can get from the mor dhona chick is a level 56 miner/botanist/whatever quest, of which my highest level is 0

gratzi

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    If I were you, do a frontlines roulette per day or spam it in general. With POTD you'll need to balance your weapon strength and floor level (i.e. spam to weapon level 90~, spend 30 to get base weapon, then spam 30 more levels and upgrade that the red 255 weapon, then redo floors 51-60 a few times until weapon level 50~ and continue grind)... while grinding out 1 weapon isn't too difficult, grinding a few can be incredibly tedious. Current PvP gear is cheap at ilvl235.
    I thought of this too and then my bf pointed out that PvP gear doesn't have any accuracy on it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The 3.5 dungeons gear (i245) should get you started. If not at least with i235 set you can get into Dun Scaithe and get your scripture train going.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm more concerned with weapons. I've managed to bump up all my lagging ilvls to mid-high 220's from expert roulette but it seems redundant with i200 or i210 weapons lol.

My Drg is at i241 and I'm close to getting the Scripture tome weapon. So I figure I'll just gear it up a bit more, git gud and farm Zurvan for the other jobs.

There isn't a restriction on Alex Creator anymore is there? (Aside from weekly weapon gear), I guess I could farm that for i250 stuff

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No restriction just anguish.

You should try learning/clearing Sophia weapon unless you have an i255 weapon already. Once you hit ilv245 you should start attempting A9S. Hit dummy, pass checks, clear it. The fight isn't hard and its a chance at i270 accessories and a guaranteed one every month.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Me do savage? Chu crazy mang. I'm casual as fuck lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Makai weapons are i235 and all you need is 2 PVP frontline roulettes to get I think. If not, just queue for either frontline and go with the flow to an easy 235 weapon. There's no PVP rank restrictions with gear, so you can wear asap.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    How else are you going to that scripture weapon you said you're getting close to? It needs a micro tomestone.

Edit: It appears Alexander Normal is enough.

I am trying to find a way around raiding, but it seems everything is gated behind raids.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

What do you mean everything is gated behind raids? Nothing requires raids, raids are the pinnacle of endgame. You only get raid gear to be able to raid better, nothing else requires raid gear. Unless you're talking about 24man raids but those are a joke and a half. (Although the Dun Scaith I just ran was full of derps and we timed out, but that's definitely not a usual experience).

I mean, everything you do in the game, no matter what it is or what job you're on, is going to suck some days and be okay other days. It's the nature of an MMO, where you have to rely on other people for your experience. Trying to avoid everything because it MIGHT suck isn't ever going to be conducive to a fun experience.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A9S is a joke and a half. I know I say it with 16 clears under my belt but right now my group gets the kill before any serious mechanics happen. And even then those mechanics extend to get in purple puddle at right time. Don't stand near bombs.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    What do you mean everything is gated behind raids? Nothing requires raids, raids are the pinnacle of endgame. You only get raid gear to be able to raid better, nothing else requires raid gear. Unless you're talking about 24man raids but those are a joke and a half. (Although the Dun Scaith I just ran was full of derps and we timed out, but that's definitely not a usual experience).

I mean, everything you do in the game, no matter what it is or what job you're on, is going to suck some days and be okay other days. It's the nature of an MMO, where you have to rely on other people for your experience. Trying to avoid everything because it MIGHT suck isn't ever going to be conducive to a fun experience.
    Well I mostly mean that weapons are, especially tome weapons. I'm not going to deny it - you are on point. I do want to do stuff like Alex, etc, but the drama and nastiness that comes when failures occur, I can't deal with. There is also very little room or patience for people trying to learn. I see people dealing with that, and getting want they want, that does sometimes encourage me to go for it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Well I mostly mean that weapons are, especially tome weapons. I'm not going to deny it - you are on point. I do want to do stuff like Alex, etc, but the drama and nastiness that comes when failures occur, I can't deal with. There is also very little room or patience for people trying to learn. I see people dealing with that, and getting want they want, that does sometimes encourage me to go for it.
    It's really about finding the right people (which isn't the easiest thing I admit). Most anyone now looking to set up a raid static is laid back enough to not be too much drama I think, as everyone that wanted to push through things fast has already done it. But it does really help in clearing the things when you are with the same group doing it the same way each time. Once you know it you can do pugs because you'll know what is coming and be able to adapt to however they are doing it, but getting comfortable with the fight is much easier with at least a mostly consistent group.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah, raiding would actually be better than using DF if you think about it... you will know pretty quick if you can work long-term with the group you've joined/made.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Savage is casual as fuck this tier, at least the first 2 fights, which eventually can cover everything but body/legs/weapon. A9S was something most people learned and cleared within the first lockout or two.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I can't really commit to a static with how erratic my schedule is. But like I mentioned before I'm only really concerned with getting some decent weapons. Gear is easy enough, especially when they increase how many Script tomes that can be earned in a week. So yeah, I just need to not suck and learn how to do Zurvan

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Try and join a linkshell or a Raiding discord and sub for groups.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag