1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So i returned from the friend invite which gives me a week, since i quit in 3.1, i have done all the current dungeons and currently in i233, have some makai gear, and a few lore pieces. Sadly i can't get my shire weapon since i haven't even done anything past a4, i don't even want to bother with savage, was thinking of running potd, but dono how much you have to do to acquire the i255, haven't even completed thordan's reign extreme, not even started sephirot, but the gf and i wanted to see about getting the zurdan weapon, but then we'd have to deal with tryhards and drama filled people who won't bother giving new people a chance. What would be the fastest current route to get a good weapon past my makai weapon?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Potd is really chill and fast paced. Id stick with that for now for you 255 weapon. What i do is get to about 70/70 on my gear armor ratio get my 235 weapon from there, it will subract 30 points from each. then go from work your way back up to 60/60 and get your kinna weapon. That way you can stay on floors 51-100 instead of grinding 1-50 again. Or just get to 90/90 and get both at once, but then you have a lot of no changes. Hope that makes sense, not sure how much you know about Potd.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know nothing about potd. Lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    I know nothing about potd. Lol
    tl;dr it's a dungeon with proprietary weapons/armor. You start with 0 weapon/0 armor. You run through floors in sets of 10 killing mobs and getting goodies from chests. Silver chests give you either armor +1 or weapon +1. Every time you clear a set of 10 floors you keep whatever bonuses to your armor/weapon you amassed from the silver chests. At 30/30 you can talk to an npc near the dungeon entrance and get an i235 weapon outside the dungeon to use. At 60/60 you can upgrade it to i255. But every time you cash in for a weapon, it takes away 30/30. If you only had 30/30 to begin with when you cash in for a weapon, you start again at 0/0. So you just run through all the floors again, as many times as you need to to get those bonuses.

Potd pisses me off cause the people who do it for xp don't want to farm for chests and sit at the key like imbeciles while everyone who wants to farm for weapons is off killing stuff. I wish there was a separate queue for speed runners.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Speed running it just seems like something people organize party finder groups for already so I am not really sure why people queue up solo and expect all groups to just want to speed run. And of course, arguing with them will just make them be babies and waste time, so I'd rather just finish and find not-dumb people instead.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Speed running it just seems like something people organize party finder groups for already so I am not really sure why people queue up solo and expect all groups to just want to speed run. And of course, arguing with them will just make them be babies and waste time, so I'd rather just finish and find not-dumb people instead.
    This. If you have any interest in running POTD quickly then make a group. Even if it takes you 30 min to form and you do only 3 runs you could be saving yourself time. I've had particularly bad POTD runs take 35 min+ but my PF speed runs generally take 12-15 min.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just did my first solo POTD run because I had no clue what to expect. Not really sure what I'm supposed to do other than progress upwards but I assume at some point that stops being possible solo? I feel Bard was not a good choice to do it on either. Does it get easier as your gear levels up?

Also, is that who I think it is in the CS after I cleared the boss?
    Spoiler: show
    Edda?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Just did my first solo POTD run because I had no clue what to expect. Not really sure what I'm supposed to do other than progress upwards but I assume at some point that stops being possible solo? I feel Bard was not a good choice to do it on either. Does it get easier as your gear levels up?

Also, is that who I think it is in the CS after I cleared the boss?
    Edda?
    1. It stops being possible at floor 100. It stops being easy after the first set of floors. The floor 20 boss requires some creative strategy and luck to kill solo.

2. Bard was not a great choice. SMN is the best choice. Bring lots of potions/echo drops and hotbar them. Abuse the hell out of Titan and your pomanders.

you got it

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Bingo.

You can clear floors 1-150 solo if you plan well and are 99/99. I won't say it gets easier but it certainly helps. Proper item usage/planning will speed it up, as well as intelligent pulls and sneaking pass certain mobs, etc

And yeh you can only head up.

The same applies in a group, but obviously at that point you all can clear stuff faster, open more chests, etc

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Also, once you clear floor 50 and you reset your progress, you can then choose to start on floor 1 or floor 51. Which is nice for upping weapon/armor levels or for speed runs people do for leveling, gil, etc.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok yeah going in there solo sucks. I have no idea how the guides take '15 minutes' to clear solo but it takes me like 30-40 mins to do 1-10 and then doing 11-20 it took me 35 mins to get to floor 18 where I was killed due to being hit by bad breath despite being nowhere near the damn hitbox. This was on DRK not BRD so a little bit better for solo

I could see how I could do 1-10 quicker but I don't see the point in repeating it endlessly as the silver boxes stop working after a while?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Your first time running you'd want to do just do the same floor twice up until you hit about 50 on both. Then keep running 51-100 until you manage to get a decently leveled up weapon.

Then you could repeat 51-60 for XP, turn in weapons for a Kinna (I wouldn't bother with the i235 weapon since you can get a Garo weapon gg ez and honestly with that you could clear Sophia.), or try messing around hitting floor 200.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

you have to get Padjali to get Kinna, though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can hoard to 90/90 tho. Which i'd recommend.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Are the mechanics of this game still basically "if you get hit with an AoE, you suck and you're gonna die"?

I loved the exploration and questing in the game, but really hated some of the harder fights from early on. The two main things I remember being especially awful were Titan Hard/Extreme (namely getting hit with Landslide) and I think Coil Turn 1 ADS (?) - the friggin' Orb that you fought in a narrow corridor that spam alternated between a straight line AoE, and a circular AoE.

I did fine in places like Crystal Tower, raid Dungeons, Garuda Hard/Extreme, etc... but the amount of AoE dodging in the aforementioned fights, combined with the need to be constantly spamming abilities, made me cringe.

Has the battle system shied away from those mechanics at all?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Has the battle system shied away from those mechanics at all?
    no

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Regarding potg, gf and i are duoing it, when we hit floor 51-60, how do we keep farming that over and over and not let it save progress when we hit floor 61? We just abandon before floor 60 or something? Also, can we not join a matched party if we both start as a fixed party?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Regarding potg, gf and i are duoing it, when we hit floor 51-60, how do we keep farming that over and over and not let it save progress when we hit floor 61? We just abandon before floor 60 or something? Also, can we not join a matched party if we both start as a fixed party?
    Every time you clear a set of floors, the # on your gear saves. Every time you wipe your save, you keep the #s on your gear. Only your floors reset. So all you have to do is clear 51-60, then wipe the save, then start at floor 51 again because once you've cleared 41-50 once, it always gives you the option to start again at 51.

Unfortunately potd likes you to run with the same grouping you chose at the beginning. But if you wipe your progress, you get to choose then which type of party you'd like to enter with.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What's the gear progression post 235? I am guessing dungeon drop > 24man raid > scripture > raid?? What is the fastest way to get scripture?
    Also I am leveling monk (53 right now) is there a faster way to level than roulette/dungeon like fates or potd?

i dont know the numbers but id have to guess POTD beats all for DPS leveling

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag