1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Damn I don't know what half of that is. I'll have to hop on Discord and get a walk through sometime lol.
    Most of that isnt really madnatory, its just time gated stuff that you might as well do because if you really get into the game you might regret not doing it earlier.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    am I the only one getting shit at work for taking next Friday off?

all my work peeps are like "NERD ALERT" and I'm just like... yeah, that's fair.
    I know of a few people who are, and it's plainly obvious the reason why lol.

I'm going to work Friday, fuck missing money. I await the horrors of logging in on day one of Early Access.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Don't have them. Think I can get one of my lv30 dps to 50 and do it or better off on the whm?
    If your goal is getting to Stormblood content ASAP then I'd probably do the MSQ on WHM this week, otherwise just get through it on a DPS whenever (could wait until fri and do it on RDM/SAM).

Just be aware that the 2.0-2.55 ARR MSQ has lot of quests (and most of them are fucking awful filler), about 10 trials, and 4-5 dungeons so it's definitely not something you're going to be able to finish in an evening.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have 10 days off but I didn't tell my coworkers it was for a videogame lol

also my first vacation in several years so nobody really questioned it.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    If your goal is getting to Stormblood content ASAP then I'd probably do the MSQ on WHM this week, otherwise just get through it on a DPS whenever (could wait until fri and do it on RDM/SAM).

Just be aware that the 2.0-2.55 ARR MSQ has lot of quests (and most of them are fucking awful filler), about 10 trials, and 4-5 dungeons so it's definitely not something you're going to be able to finish in an evening.
    Hmmm maybe I will wait until rdm/sam then. Part of my problem is I'm not sure what I want to play that will be most likely to keep me playing and interested - all I know is that it isn't whm lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    1) Roulettes

2) Retainer Missions

3) Squadron Training/ missions

4) Wondrous Tails

5) Get maps if you're a gatherer

6) Lottery Ticket & Daily mini Cactpot

Taking a day off for an expansion every 2 years doesn't make u a super greasy nerd, haters gotta hate i guess.
    I'm taking a week, fuck 'em

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Took the weekend day I work off (Sunday night). Gonna nolife Samurai in PotD to 60 and then work on Stormblood casual while putting some attention on my gathering/crafting classes by doing the daily turn ins.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also clearing out my retainers fml

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Also clearing out my retainers fml
    This and cleaning out the mailbox were the absolute worst part of resubbing by a country mile. The lag is ridiculous.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't tell coworkers your reasons for taking day offs. I took my vacation during HW early access. Its how I got 60 in three days. Playing games dont make you a nerd, and I wonder what jackass thought it was a good idea to start the trend of calling gamers that in a derogative/bad way.

You'll be off friday, doing something fun. They will be at work, miserable.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Took Friday off didn't tell anyone why due to the fact everyone seems to think playing video games is so awful or whatever. Going to get PLD to 70 fast.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Just tell them you need to get rid of the days, and you like long weekends every now and then for R&R. It's none of their business, just make sure you have an answer when they ask you how your weekend was. (Just chillin' out max and relaxing all cool!)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

so am i missing something obvious? i pre-ordered the game on friday from SE store (pc download), got the confirmation mail and still haven't received the 18 digit early access code. like where i think it was supposed to be there's just a blank white space in my email, and there's no code on the store site either.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In the e-mail titled "Square Enix Online Store Order Confirmation", there should be a section that says, "Below you will find an 18-digit pre-order code that you will need to redeem on the FINAL FANTASY XIV Pre-Order Redemption site." The code immediately following must be entered into the Pre-Order website at https://redeem.finalfantasyxiv.com/na which will then give you a code to enter into Mog Station.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yep, that's the part i was talking about where it was blank. emailed support, so we'll see what happens

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post

Started my new character last week, I'm level 50 now, and haven't gotten through 2.0 yet. Haven't stepped foot in POTD at all. Just doing the level appropriate quests/FATES of the area I'm in and dungeons/guildhests as they get unlocked. I think I'm gonna hit 60 before I get through Heavensward content at this rate.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

From what I remember hearing, people managed to get to around 52 or 53 before even starting HW, so yeah, you should be good lol

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Okay my whm is on The Ultimate Weapon so next up is the 2.1-2.55 stuff as mentioned. Now, since I don't have HW until EA or I'm not getting xp. Should I continue doing this on capped WHM, wait till SAM/RDM, or play another job for the week?

I'm starting to narrow my job choices down for SB to brd/rdm/sam I think. I feel a DPS will keep me playing longer, but something that brings value and gets invites to stuff will be a big plus. I know dps que's suck but I'm okay with that. Think I might work on warrior soon too once I know the dungeons better and am comfortable enough to start tanking (its 32). I have 50conj, 34lnc, 32mar, 30archer, 22glad and I just don't see myself leveling up anything else from 1 since I just did it on archer to get a feel for the game again. I just want to play something fun even if its hard because I'd like to really stick around this time, maybe even convince a friend or two to play.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

WHM is dead, pick a new job.

DPS queue times should not be a problem for a very long time, if as many people are playing SB as I imagine there will be.

But I mean, I think the best way to pick a job is to try them all out and go with whatever feels the best to you rather than look from the outside and try to guess. I don't think you can really get a feel for what you enjoy unless you actually play the job a while. (like, I love AST and WHM and I'm good at them but I suck at/don't enjoy playing SCH even though SCH was the boss healer for ages).

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

At this point, the worst thing you can do is force yourself to play something that you don't ultimately like, push through content ASAP and then just get burned out. It is a videogame after all, just trust your gut, do what's fun and enjoy it more then wasting time thinking about 'how' you should be playing it.

...but play it well and don't be one of those leddit "my $12 so it's okay if I suck" players >_>

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag