1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm thinking more and more about playing warrior and leveling it through potd, but I don't know any dungeons or how to tank in this game. Is it a bad idea? I still have HW dungeons/trials to do and I know I'll be at a disadvantage but there is always youtube. My biggest fear isn't most mechanics as much as it's knowing how/what to pull and what can be skipped in instances.

edit: I was thinking of potd to 50, spamming to finish 2.55 and jumping right into hw/sb or even getting the skip potion and going right to SB. Would I learn the job/mechanics/dungeons enough if I did that?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is simplify ultimately:

1. To know the dungeon, just pull small groups (1 pack at a time), dodge. For the bosses, just dodge
    2. To tank, do 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 for single target, Overpower for multiple targets

Basically I wouldn't worry, you're posting here and you don't seem unintelligent, I doubt anything will phase you.

Every job is changing somewhat going into SB, so jump potion or not I doubt it'll matter.

RE: potd, if it's a bad idea or not, everyone else is doing it, you might as well

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

When doing the 50 dungeons for MSQ the tanks were skipping so much and running straight to elevators and things ignoring trash - that was my worry since I don't know that stuff. Think I'd like to just start from 50 and go straight through to SB.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do the 50 dungeons still. You get free poetics which you can throw for i120 gear.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The 2 MSQ dungeons are a special case because everyone hates themselves and does it regardless. If you pulled more than necessary and everyone has skipped ahead, don't feel that bad, the other tank will pick up the progress while you fall, homepoint and catch up. No big deal. Everyone wants to get out of there ASAP anyway lol

For every thing you can think of to doubt yourself with, trust me we've seen probably 5x as worst, so don't worry and go have fun.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Alright I'll get it to 50 then finish the arr msq line into hw on it. Looks like everyone on the Internet is rolling Sam and rdm lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most people are probably gonna use Palace of the Dead to spam 50-60.

They're going to finally get people to play Diadem fates by giving them good exp ;o #kappa

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Alright I'll get it to 50 then finish the arr msq line into hw on it. Looks like everyone on the Internet is rolling Sam and rdm lol.
    Well RDM is already broken apparently and will likely get nerfed a week in, and SAM is just bringing back all the XI players lol

I'm sticking with AST unless RDM's healing ability stays as broken as Yoshi says it is in which case I miiight switch to main RDM depending. But yeah everyone will be playing those until the novelty wears off at least.

When I think of how everyone was playing NIN when it came out, I think it only took like a month before people were sick of it and NINs leveled out. Will be interesting to see how long it takes for the new job hordes to thin this time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm having a hard time understanding what would make RDM's healing broken. The goal of a healer is to spend as much time on DPS as you safetly can. How does group damage or utility increase with a DPS healing anyone?

Seems like a novelty, or something to prevent wipes that both would only successfully be carried out by good players, and wouldn't be needed by good players

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding what would make RDM's healing broken. The goal of a healer is to spend as much time on DPS as you safetly can. How does group damage or utility increase with a DPS healing anyone?
    You are approaching the question incorrectly.

The real question is: why would you bring a second healer (or in the case of 4-man, any healer) if there's a DPS that is good enough to help heal when necessary but does great DPS when heals aren't needed?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I had considered that, but a single-target, average potency healing spell doesn't really do what your typical secondary healer does(even when doubled). It offers no raid healing or shielding. Min/maxing Savage content isn't my area of expertise, but that doesn't sound quite as useful as suggested

Even if I'm wrong, which is entirely possible, are we not then talking about something that will apply to a laughably small portion of the playerbase? It'll be limited to pre-formed groups, and isn't likely to be functional in the hands of most people

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Really going to depend on how much RDM can heal, how often and how much dps it gives up to do so.

Yoshi stressed that if you use your resources on heals you can heal some ridiculous amounts - enough to recover a raid, is the example he used.

I don't think they'd be so lax as to let RDM enter the game in a state where it can completely replace a main healer but I do wonder if a 2nd healer will be necessary or can we just bring a RDM now. I dunno, it sounds pretty good.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, I mean I see the application, it just seems like a mixed genre. Bads generally don't recover, and goods generally don't need to. You have a hard enough time getting an actual healer to cross-heal/raise in alliance content, much less finding DPS that are going to change role mindsets mid-fight

Having it replace a secondary healer I could see maybe in post-progression Savage content, but at that point who cares IMO(nevermind it being a pretty substantial maybe)

But I'm wrong far more than I'm right, so who knows

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So I am planning to start FF14 with Stormblood Expac on PS4. Is there any problem with targeting on PS4 controller? Also, I have plenty of golds on Guild Wars 2 and Steam. Anyone wants to trade CSGO/Dota 2, GW2 gold for FF14 gil?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I found targetting to be a pain in PvP on a controller (gotta cycle lots) through MANY targets.

In PvE? Nah. Easy/never was an issue for me. There's rarely more than 10 targets on screen and in most cases it's a trash pack in a dungeon. Just spam flash/aoe, no prob.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

oh god

RDM healing is now the new healer DPSing

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This is all starting to sound eerily familiar to the height of Treasures of Aht Urghan when WHM + RDM as heals and support on parties were dropped in favor of RDM + DPS to kill faster.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    This is all starting to sound eerily familiar to the height of Treasures of Aht Urghan when WHM + RDM as heals and support on parties were dropped in favor of RDM + DPS to kill faster.
    if they add colibri meripo I am so unsubbing

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    if they add colibri meripo I am so unsubbing
    But the NOSTALGIA!!!!!