1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I found targetting to be a pain in PvP on a controller (gotta cycle lots) through MANY targets.

In PvE? Nah. Easy/never was an issue for me. There's rarely more than 10 targets on screen and in most cases it's a trash pack in a dungeon. Just spam flash/aoe, no prob.
    Pretty much this. It blows in PvP but it's fine for everything else generally. You can set up filters for your targeting which helps a lot. For example you can map "enemies" to R2+triangle and when you press that, your targeting will switch to only select enemies. You can also set Allies, All, and a few other things I think.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is it even worth doing ARR Relic Weapon now, other than for glamor? The questline doesn't look particularly hard, at least coming from the FFXI perspective @>@

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Just glamour basically. It would come down to personal taste and I guess vary depending on job, but most relic weapons in this game look the best to me compared to other weapons.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Recommend to do ARR relic with job at 70 to speed it up even more, rather than at 60. This will be especially helpful during the dungeon/light lines.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only issue at 60 are the level50 dungeons for animus and zodiac steps.

Tried the one with the emptiness goobue as a i270 mnk. Got rekt.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Really going to depend on how much RDM can heal, how often and how much dps it gives up to do so.

Yoshi stressed that if you use your resources on heals you can heal some ridiculous amounts - enough to recover a raid, is the example he used.

I don't think they'd be so lax as to let RDM enter the game in a state where it can completely replace a main healer but I do wonder if a 2nd healer will be necessary or can we just bring a RDM now. I dunno, it sounds pretty good.
    Vercure's a good heal, and SMN really needs to be buffed to the same level, I'm not sure how much RDM will change the calculations.

You could already single-heal a lot of content, true. Vercure's 350 potency could probably help a bit on fights with significant off-tanking or where the big healer checks come as single-target tank combo-wombos, but in current content AOE heal checks are as common or more common. Worse, chaincasting Vercure takes a ton more MP than the normal RDM rotation, means you aren't generating black/white mana for your melee combo, and RDM has a pretty expensive MP economy to start with. Folk are already theorycrafting it to be one of the quicker classes to go dry.

That said, it'll be a godsend in 4-man content. There's a lotta places where SMN can't recover from a healer death even if they insta-raise, just cause there's enough constant outgoing damage that other people will go down before a marginal healer can recover MP. That *shouldn't happen*, but bads be bads.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by gattsuru View Post
    Vercure's 350 potency could probably help a bit on fights with significant off-tanking or where the big healer checks come as single-target tank combo-wombos
    In practice, Vercure would be more like a 700pot cure with double MP requirements because of Dualcast.

Worse, chaincasting Vercure takes a ton more MP than the normal RDM rotation, means you aren't generating black/white mana for your melee combo, and RDM has a pretty expensive MP economy to start with. Folk are already theorycrafting it to be one of the quicker classes to go dry.
    Unless the 4.x base rotation requires eventual MP support (like 2.x did for DPS and TP), I don't think it'll be an issue. BRD/MCH now have MP support that doesn't impact their damage output (so they can use it on CD), and casters can MP transfer as well. A 4-man setup like tank/BRD/BLM/RDM should be pretty resilient on MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    This is all starting to sound eerily familiar to the height of Treasures of Aht Urghan when WHM + RDM as heals and support on parties were dropped in favor of RDM + DPS to kill faster.
    You misspelled "RDM + BRD" (or second BRD).

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    In practice, Vercure would be more like a 700pot cure with double MP requirements because of Dualcast.
    Dualcast only saves cast time, right? You still have to pay the GCD and mana cost, so that's more a help for movement-intensive stages than output. We don't need to see CoilT1 levels of outgoing damage before 350 pot/gcd isn't enough.

I'd expect the real strength for an off-healing RDM is that you could use Vercure's Dualcast procs for Veraero and Verthunder, and thus not sacrificing as much damage as otherwise. But that just adds to the MP problems.
    A 4-man setup like tank/BRD/BLM/RDM should be pretty resilient on MP.
    Oh, four-man's going to depend hugely on content design, even at a given gear level. You'd have a much easier time running that group through Sohm Al HM than the Wall, for example. It might work for well-organized enough groups, though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Doing a Vercure > Verraise is a lot faster than just Verraise > Verraise.

I'm sure the MP management woes of a RDM are gonna be the balancing act to this. Not to mention its more MP for a slightly less effective cure.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Depending on how Swiftcast interacts with Dualcast, it should either be Swiftcast Verraise > Verraise, or Vercure > Verraise > Swiftcast Verraise.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Depending on how Swiftcast interacts with Dualcast, it should either be Swiftcast Verraise > Verraise, or Vercure > Verraise > Swiftcast Verraise.
    Pretty sure that unless there have been changes, you actually have to hard cast to get DC proc.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Hijacking this since I got curious about this game again with E3 and all.

I quit back when Alexander came out since I stopped liking the raiding scene but also hated the stupidity that is CT / Easy mode Alexander.

Is there anything ... in between those now? In terms of difficulty. Not sure if it's still a theme park, raid tier, easy tier with a sprinkling of primal battles.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I'd say it depends on why you stopped liking the raiding scene.

If you stopped raiding/playing because of the difficulty then you might enjoy the current/future raids. We still have Normal/Savage modes, but the current Savage is on the levels of FCOB. Future Savage modes are supposed to stay around this difficulty. In a sense, that's "in between" what the game had when you quit.

If you stopped playing because of anything else (like the way difficult content is structured/released in general) then nothing's really changed, it's still raid patch > catch-up patch > raid patch > etc. I guess there's also Palace of Dead past floor 150 now.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Nope.

But SB is supposed to add new types of content so we'll have to see if that finally gets addressed.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Eh, I mean, I mostly quit because of the difficulty I guess. After doing 3-4 nights a week for 3rd coil. I didn't really feel like trying Alex anymore. From what I heard, that was even worse? ( difficulty wise ). If it's been dropped down to 1st coil levels, I might try again. Still doesn't address the lack of content though if what you're all saying is true though

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Like Silenka said, the devs are adding new/more types of content in odd patches in Stormblood. However, in Heavensward their "experiments" were very hit or miss so it's hard to say whether that issue will be addressed or not (personally leaning towards no). Look up Diadem, Aquapolis, and Palace of the Dead for examples of "unique" stuff they added this past expansion.

Either way, overall the core of the game isn't changing significantly.

Alexander Savage was probably overtuned, to the point where a pretty sizable number of statics broke apart on A3S in particular. Alexander Normal 5-12 wasn't as difficult as Coil 1-5, but I wouldn't put it quite at themepark mode like Alexander Normal 1-4 was or any of the dungeon/24-man stuff is. Have heard A8+ was much better tuned, and not quite as omgwtfbbq as Coil T9 or T12, but haven't tried that myself

Palace of the Dead 100+ content's hard enough that you'd want a group with voice chat and a lot of caution, but nowhere near as harsh as Coil9+. Unless you /really/ liked it, though, there wasn't much cause to spend more than a month of very casual play (<1 hour a night), and that's assuming one or two deep wipes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Transfer over and raid with me kirby :^) really ;o brandel wont do it he is a baby

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A8S was still pretty highly tuned and had a clusterfuck ton of mechanics. Easily the hardest fight in all of heavensward and will be a fight that probably won't be pugged for awhile in stormblood.

I didn't do Midas when it was active but A6S also was overtuned and the BLM in my group fucking hates A7S with a passion.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Transfer over and raid with me kirby :^) really ;o brandel wont do it he is a baby
    How's server pops now? I mean, I'm still on Hyperion obviously.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag