1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Is there an equivalent to <st>, <stpc>, etc macros in this game? I'm finding healing super awkward on a controller without them.
    No, but using the D-pad to select targets in the party list functions effectively the same way. You just have to select your target and *then* hit the button, rather than selecting an action and *then* the target.

The chief difference is that you don't have to break your targeting off of whomever the current target is, which is an advantage over mouse-players.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Okay another follow up:

What should I use for plugins? Guildwork and whatever the parser is (Links prz?) are what I'm commonly hearing, but anything else?

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Mouse players have <mo> which is effectively the same thing so it's not that much different.

Regarding Returning Player questions, what is the most effective way to gear up to 110 at this point? I have an i90 PLD I can use to run ST over and over for sands/oils but is that also an efficient method of getting Soldiery tomes? I read that CT1 gives 100 soldiery and ST gives 60 but having never run ST before I'm going to assume it's a lot quicker to make up for the lower tome reward. Do the new dungeons give decent soldiery rewards for the time spent?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I would think hunts would still be an effective way of gearing up. You can buy 100 gear from soldiery and allied seals now. You can then do ST to get sands/oils to upgrade the weathered 100 gear to 110.
    This is very dependent on hunts being up and people doing them. Once you get to certain ilvl, doing roulettes would be beneficial as well to get Poetics.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Do daily roulettes and hunts and ST 1-2x per day and you'll gear up pretty quick.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A few useful links that haven't been mentioned so far:

Catching up:
    So You Just Hit Level 50 in Patch 2.4: The most concise guide to progressing as a fresh level 50. Should help you catch up again.
    Katella's Corner: Where to unlock all the new stuff from patches 2.1 to 2.4
    "What did I miss?" (Patch Notes, Universal Summary)

Crafting:
    Crafting as a Service: Probably one of the best crafting resources around.
    Help with the new beast tribe daily: Useful thread here on BG if you want to do the Ixali beast tribe crafting dailies efficiently.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks for those links Stef, it's a big help

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    No, but using the D-pad to select targets in the party list functions effectively the same way. You just have to select your target and *then* hit the button, rather than selecting an action and *then* the target.

The chief difference is that you don't have to break your targeting off of whomever the current target is, which is an advantage over mouse-players.
    Well I definitely wouldn't say it's an advantage over mouse-over macros, but it's enough to get by I guess.

And am I crazy, or are abilities that are supposed to be off the GCD (like cleric stance) often act as thou they are (IE: lag/delay my characters next actions) for unclear reasons? Sometimes I can cleric stance-> nuke (or cancel cleric-> heal) immediately, sometimes there is like a 1s delay.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rude Jerk
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Okay another follow up:

What should I use for plugins? Guildwork and whatever the parser is (Links prz?) are what I'm commonly hearing, but anything else?
    http://advancedcombattracker.com/

The rest is entirely up to you, there's not really a ton of "addons" for 14. The guildwork app is nice if you're doing hunts or grinding relic weapon lights.

ACT setup is basically run the program, select the FFXIV plugin from the settings area then allow ACT through your windows firewall. Also, always run as admin. Clicking "Test Game Connection" in the settings area will tell you if you did it right or not.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    A few useful links that haven't been mentioned so far:

Catching up:
    So You Just Hit Level 50 in Patch 2.4: The most concise guide to progressing as a fresh level 50. Should help you catch up again.
    Katella's Corner: Where to unlock all the new stuff from patches 2.1 to 2.4
    "What did I miss?" (Patch Notes, Universal Summary)

Crafting:
    Crafting as a Service: Probably one of the best crafting resources around.
    Help with the new beast tribe daily: Useful thread here on BG if you want to do the Ixali beast tribe crafting dailies efficiently.
    Hell yes. This is what I needed.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

is spending 1300 soldiery on an i100>110 weapon with unidentified allagan tome a wise investment? or better to just work on zenith line? i only have 1 job at 50 at the moment, and am still finishing out last few pieces of i100>110 armors.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    And am I crazy, or are abilities that are supposed to be off the GCD (like cleric stance) often act as thou they are (IE: lag/delay my characters next actions) for unclear reasons? Sometimes I can cleric stance-> nuke (or cancel cleric-> heal) immediately, sometimes there is like a 1s delay.
    It's the joy of a retarded battle engine that has animation priority before buffered follow-up skills will activate.

If a skill says instant, it's essentially a 1s GCD because of the animation wait.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    If a skill says instant, it's essentially a 1s GCD because of the animation wait.
    The tooltip for Benediction has unreadable text that says "Self-cast only" and Hallowed Ground has "75% chance to not actually work"

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    is spending 1300 soldiery on an i100>110 weapon with unidentified allagan tome a wise investment? or better to just work on zenith line? i only have 1 job at 50 at the moment, and am still finishing out last few pieces of i100>110 armors.
    Go the soldiery/tome/sand route for now; your call if you want to work on the relic in the mean time. The relic path from 100>110 is not short (75 alexandrite, buttloads of materia). You'll get plenty of use out of the tome weapon in the mean time.

BG Level

Can anyone give me a rundown on what each tomestone does now? I noticed they removed one of the ones from V2 (Forgot name). And tweeked stuff around.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Philosophy Tomestones
    - Obsoleted in 2.2 (Could no longer obtain, and existing tomes could only be converted into myth tomes)
    - Removed completely in 2.4

Mythology Tomestones
    - Obsoleted in 2.4
    - No longer obtainable; their only use is to convert existing myth tomes into soldiery tomes

Soldiery Tomestones
    - Can be used to purchase i100 gear, which can be turned into i110 gear via Sand/Oil of Time (obtainable via hunts, coil2, or Syrcus Tower)
    - Can be used to purchase crafting materials for crafted i110 gear
    - Anything purchased with older tomes, but still in the game (relic oil, zenith mists, minions, etc.) are now purchased with these tomes, but for a cheaper cost
    - No weekly cap

Poetic Tomestones
    - Current top-tier tomestone, weekly cap of 450 tomestones per week (resets tuesday morning)
    - Can be used to purchase i120 gear, which can be turned into i130 gear via Carbontwine/Carboncoat (currently only obtainable in Final coil turns 2/3/4)

Edit - Item tomestones
    The following tomestones are normal items that go into your inventory and NOT the things you rack up simply by doing content:

Unidentified Tomestone
    - Used to purchase i100 weapons from one of Rowena's wenches (which can be i110'd via a Sand of Time)
    - One drops (100% of the time) in Second Coil turn 2 (a.k.a. turn 7) and the last two bosses of Syrcus Tower
    - You'll also need 10 Rowena's Tokens of Soldiery (or 7, for PLD sword) to buy the weapons
    - Each Rowena's Token of Soldiery costs 130 Soldiery tomestones (so a total cost of 1300 tomes for 10)

Encrypted Tomestone
    - Used to purchase i120 weapons from one of Rowena's wenches (which can be i130'd via a Carbontwine)
    - One drops (100% of the time) in Final Coil turn 2 (a.k.a. turn 11)
    - You'll also need 10 Rowena's Tokens of Poetics (or 7, for PLD sword) to buy the weapons
    - Each Rowena's Token of Poetics costs 130 Poetic tomestones (so a total cost of 1300 tomes for 10)

Edit2 - Upgrade items
    The following items are not tomestones, but they're so related to them that I may as well address them here

Oil of Time
    - Used to upgrade any i100 "Gerolt's Masterworks" (Auroral, Gloam, Noct, Daystar, Evenstar) right-side character sheet item (accessories/shield)
    - 100% drop from Syrcus Tower and Second Coil turn 1,2,&4 (a.k.a. turn 6/7/9)
    - To upgrade an item, take it to 'Drake' in Northern Shroud. He's Gerolt's assistant, and hangs out by him (NE part of the map, in Hrystmill)

Sand of Time
    - Used to upgrade any i100 "Gerolt's Masterworks" (Auroral, Gloam, Noct, Daystar, Evenstar) left-side character sheet item INCLUDING the "Weathered" i100 weapons
    - 100% drop from Syrcus Tower and Second Coil turn 3&4 (a.k.a. turn 8/9)
    - To upgrade an item, take it to 'Drake' in Northern Shroud. He's Gerolt's assistant, and hangs out by him (NE part of the map, in Hrystmill)

Carboncoat
    - Used to upgrade any i120 "Ironworks" right-side character sheet item INCLUDING the shield
    - A single 100% drop from Final Coil turn 2&4

Carbontwine
    - Used to upgrade any i120 "Ironworks" left-side character sheet item INCLUDING the weapons
    - A single 100% drop from Final Coil turn 3&4

BG Level

If Mythology are obsolete, what did they do to obtain AF2? (Wyrm, Valor, etc.)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    If Mythology are obsolete, what did they do to obtain AF2? (Wyrm, Valor, etc.)
    New dungeons drop "antique X" where X is a body part piece, and you turn them into someone in MD (I think it's near the augment guy) for a piece of i90 gear.

BG Level

Okay so I don't have to grind on Mythos as well. That's pretty helpful.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Good luck getting them if they drop though, because everyone will just need on that shit when it appears.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag