1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

which tank /healer combo should i level (all at 60) . DRK and SCH or WAR and AST?

neither... DRK and AST ;o

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

PLD and AST

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    which tank /healer combo should i level (all at 60) . DRK and SCH or WAR and AST?
    They gutted DRK like madmen, no joke.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm capped on poetics and getting better gear than poetics can offer from the story...what to spend it on?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I'm capped on poetics and getting better gear than poetics can offer from the story...what to spend it on?
    I don't know how far along you are, so I'll assume you're < lvl60. Poetics can be spent on i260(shire) gear in Idllyshire(not sure if you have access). Ironworks is outclassed at about lvl 52 now(and 50-60(i255) gear can be bought in Ishgard). So basically just save them til 60, unless you wanna gear up more jobs at 50.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

sooooo afzer playing sch again and haveing like only 3 spells for DPS at disposal, which of the current healers has tho most DPS potential and feels like plsying before? I am standing around with my thumbs up my ass on sch because i dont need to stance dance and like half my spells are gone. i am guessing ast, since cards can kerp you busy?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

This is my character. I am returning after a 3 year break and wondering where to even start. I barely remember anything. Is having a 50 craft, gold, even good now? Is my gear even manageable? Anyone have a quick link to what I can do to get myself going?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...vement/?page=4

I am so lost.....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    This is my character. I am returning after a 3 year break and wondering where to even start. I barely remember anything. Is having a 50 craft, gold, even good now? Is my gear even manageable? Anyone have a quick link to what I can do to get myself going?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...vement/?page=4

I am so lost.....

You're ok for a level 50 player. Just get cracking with all the new MSQs and it'll all come back to you. The dungeons and quests will have you geared in no time but if you have any gil left, you can probably (depending on your world) pick up some 50 gear cheap from the Marketboard if you are in a hurry. Having said that, the Heavensward quests will shower you with new gear too. You get HQ gearsets from just doing the main story and obviously there's dungeon gear.

Get challenge log if you don't have it yet for extra XP. Remember to have your chocobo buddy out to help if needed. Go visit the Manderville Golden Saucer. Have fun and explore!
    Game is basically at a point where at 50 you are still leveling and a scrub whatever you choose to do.

poetics is great for leveling desynth.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

I am on Hyperion if that means anything. Is crafting profitable?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've noticed a lack of people using limit breaks while leveling through msq 50-60. I'm melee dps, when do I use it since they aren't?

Are there any bosses with a second stage after death in case I use it too early?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

They're usually saving the LB for you to use, because melee LB does the most to a single target. Pop it when you get to 2 gauges or when the boss is at ~10%. Don't wait too long to use it and basically have the boss get massively overkilled with it since you're just wasting the damage at that point.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I haven't been the only melee yet so when I've seen no one else use it I do, I always feel like I use it at the wrong time is all or like I said I'm afraid there will be a phase 2 after 0% lol.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No one will ever get mad at a melee for using a currently-full LB bar on a boss (or midboss). It is sometimes sub-optimal, but certainly not objectionable.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Use it ASAP on bosses, no matter the %. Otherwise let your caster use it in a pack anywhere else

Only problem with dungeon LBs is having them sit there unused. Splitting hairs otherwise

If you're melee DPS, you should generally be the one to use the Limit Break on a boss. The only real exception is speed-running dungeons and using it as a megaaoe on trash, one or two 8-man raids with AOE content, or progression Extreme/24-man raids where enough people have herped the derp that healers may need it instead.

There are a few places where there's marginal benefit to saving limit breaks for adds or specific phases of the fight, but people will generally bring these up beforehand. The only bosses that have multiple health bars are things like the first boss of Amdapor Keep NM, where it's pretty obvious. That said, you do want to avoid using the LB during invulnerability phases, as the boss will not take damage, or with massive AOE.

Generally, if you're melee, if no one has mentioned otherwise before the pull, and if the second bar is full or the boss is under 10% HP, hit it.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Thanks everyone.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    sooooo afzer playing sch again and haveing like only 3 spells for DPS at disposal, which of the current healers has tho most DPS potential and feels like plsying before? I am standing around with my thumbs up my ass on sch because i dont need to stance dance and like half my spells are gone. i am guessing ast, since cards can kerp you busy?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Yep. AST only has 3 dps spells too, you're either casting combust+malefic or combust+gravity. But you also get cards, earthly star (does dmg) and lord of crowns (extra dps card). Managing all of those while keeping your eye on your party keeps you busy enough most of the time.

WHM is slightly better off as it has 3 spells to keep up at all times, aero2/3 and stone or holy, which granted isnt much...but it also has good mp management and extra dps in the form of assize.

I guess SE hoped constantly recasting your pet would keep you busy on SCH.
    AST is the king of healers right now so you might as well play that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm really trying to understand the problem, but is losing a DOT really killing everyone's enjoyment that much? Bio, Miasma, Broil. You still have plenty of damage at your disposal, even if you're casting Broil one GCD sooner

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag