1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    poetics is great for leveling desynth.
    I started gold, wvr, ltw desynth. What along those lines?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    I'm really trying to understand the problem, but is losing a DOT really killing everyone's enjoyment that much? Bio, Miasma, Broil. You still have plenty of damage at your disposal, even if you're casting Broil one GCD sooner
    In SCH's case they lost 2 dots, aero and their most potent bio. That's already 2 fewer buttons to press, plus cleric's makes 3. Add to that the fact that shadowflare can't be kept up 100% of the time anymore and that's 4. I'm not too sure on the fairy micromanagement though but I imagine that got changed a bit too. You can't sustain anymore at least. SCH used to be a hella busy job, much moreso than AST or WHM, now they pretty much just 1 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 1 2 3 oh look shadowflare is up again.

It's quite a huge difference from before and yes it's not as fun anymore for that reason.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Two GCDs sooner. SCH lost Bio1 and Aero; Aero was more potency (200) than old Broil1 (170) or new Broil1 (190) and would have been better than Broil2 (230) unless at least 7 of your next 8 consecutive GCDs were stationary Broil2s.

And it's more like 12 333333 1 33 2

I'm really trying to understand the problem, but is losing a DOT really killing everyone's enjoyment that much? Bio, Miasma, Broil. You still have plenty of damage at your disposal, even if you're casting Broil one GCD sooner
    Broil II's lower mana efficiency and lack of spread doesn't help, but a lot of it's the lack of tactical depth. Having more options with varied benefits means you have to choose based on heuristics, and a lot of people picked SCH specifically for that decision.

We're not talking Impulse Drive City, but it's still damned boring to solo.

I think between the Aetherflow trait and more tools to effectively use Aetherstacks early, there's stuff to mitigate this, and maybe once we're more accustomed to it, it'll play stronger. But right now it seems vastly simplified, for people who wanted the complexity.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm only 63SCH now, but it seems like SCH has definitely lost some gameplay meat. Even at 70, isn't the fairy meter just basically a push-button-and-forget-it cooldown? I know healers aren't supposed to be super complex, but it would be nice to have some more depth to the job.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No thats not the problem. I am/was used to stance danceing and casting 4-5 dots & bane + heal and shielding etc. Atm for me it feels like i have so little to cast that i dont know what to do besides casting broil. In other words the job got kinda boring?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'll humor everyone on everything but stance dancing. Clerics as it was should have never been a thing, or should have AT LEAST comprised of two buttons

Having it be possible to accidentally get locked out of healing for several seconds is poor design

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes, I think it was generally agreed that the cooldown timer on Cleric's Stance should have been to go back into it, not to get out of it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I'm only 63SCH now, but it seems like SCH has definitely lost some gameplay meat. Even at 70, isn't the fairy meter just basically a push-button-and-forget-it cooldown? I know healers aren't supposed to be super complex, but it would be nice to have some more depth to the job.
    I'm starting to play around with it to keep myself entertained and I think a better use of it is our replacement for stance dancing, ie. Turning it on and off. I rarely see an use for it during boss fights yet, but it definitely helps (or is even required) during big pulls. Helps you keep the tank alive and allows you to dps without stress. But you don't want to have it up for too long not to lose fairy abilities

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Okay another quick question on LBs as I saw someone say use asap someone say use on mid bosses etc.

Say I'm doing some random msq dungeon with light party. Should I use the single bar LB on one of the early bosses or save it for final boss to get to two bars?

Also how many bars do I want to wait before using on something like Titan hard?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In the early dungeons you usually don't even get 2 bars on bosses, later on, you can usually use it on the first or even second and still build up again.
    Titan hard will probably get facerolled anyway, in the past you would use the LB on the heart phase.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Okay another quick question on LBs as I saw someone say use asap someone say use on mid bosses etc.

Say I'm doing some random msq dungeon with light party. Should I use the single bar LB on one of the early bosses or save it for final boss to get to two bars?

Also how many bars do I want to wait before using on something like Titan hard?
    iirc you lose your bar after every boss fight anyway so might as well use it if you got one. It builds up again.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

RE: LB

Just use it lol

Chances are, if you don't use it, the other guys and no one else would too especially in dungeons and the 8 man MSQ dungeons. People don't pay attention. There is nothing in any dungeon that requires a tactical use of LB currently pre Stormblood (except the new Stormblood ones that I've not touched yet so I don't know about them). Or you get the stragglers using it when the boss is at 3% and then by the time it goes off the boss is dead anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It always baffles me you need to tell dps to use it. Whenever I play as dps I like to use the chance for huge damage pew pew as soon as possible. Even waiting to 10% is too long imho because often before you use it the boss loses even more hp

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Agree. When I DPS I use it constantly.

I occasionally get told off in 24-mans though, i.e. Dun Scaithe

I am always first to use it usually when 3 bars are up. Some other DPS whines about not being able to use it. Well fuck you.
    I use it during the the 3 small add phase on Ultima. Healers/DPS say to me "why man ... "; then moments later 3 bars are rebuilt and I use it again. Fuck you.
    Diabolos, beginning of the post gate-phase, LB2 is usually available or about to be available. I use it there too to break the barrier slightly quicker. DPS/healers moan at me. Well fuck you too, we're probably gonna wipe so lets pretend we did and lost it, and carry on as if we just wiped.

PEOPLE CANNOT COMPREHEND.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I isn't the fairy meter just basically a push-button-and-forget-it cooldown?
    Takes four Aetherflows to build it up, it diminishes quickly, and the tank will likely run out of range of your now-rooted pet because the tether range is god awful short. Such a shitty skill on its own (equivalent to just riding Physick every GCD) that it's almost mandatory to hit Rouse-Whispering Dawn before contemplating hitting it because of SCH's overall low healing throughput now, assuming the pet AI doesn't derp and flat out ignores the action, requiring you to hit the skill again once it's off CD.

Pet AI needs an overhaul more now than ever. I'm jumping aboard the AST train with this expansion, and after getting access to Crowns, I've been enjoying it a lot. Card mechanic keeps me busy between juggling heals and mashing Gravity.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The first bar you build up disappears after each boss fight in a dungeon? I don't think I've noticed that before.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

In 8 man dungeons and 24 man dungeons the bar resets in most cases barring 1 or 2 encounters.

4 man dungeons are exempt from this.

(edit: what Stig said)

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Takes four Aetherflows to build it up, it diminishes quickly, and the tank will likely run out of range of your now-rooted pet because the tether range is god awful short.
    The fairy is rooted during the tether?!?

Such a shitty skill on its own (equivalent to just riding Physick every GCD) that it's almost mandatory to hit Rouse-Whispering Dawn before contemplating hitting it
    I thought it looked pretty good! It says base potency is 480 (Physick is 400), which with Rouse + Fey Illumination is 739pot (Cure2 is 700). The job action video shows it consuming 10 meter every 3 seconds, which should all combine to mean that with buffs, it's 30 seconds of nonstop back-to-back Cure2. Even without the buffs, it's a significant upgrade from old Embrace spam macros (both in potency and consistency).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag