1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Depending on party comp lv50 may not be enough. I had to send my dudes on some conditioning missions to meet the stat goals. Not a big deal but be prepared to spend an extra couple of hours if needed. Totally worth it anyway for the easy bacon broth. Doing ixal dailies was a pain.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I found it easy with a squadron at lv60.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

question (which is basically the opposite of this thread title):

do characters get deleted if you stop paying your sub? I know this was a thing in FFXI if you quit for long enough (I remember from painful experience). is that still true in FFXIV? or do characters remain if you reactivate your account?

school is slamming me hard and I haven't played in months but I love my avatar and I will not let her die lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Was that seriously a thing in FF11 at some point? o.o I took many breaks for extended periods of time (especially during WotG) and never lost my character.

As far as I know, that isn't a thing in FF14 either, since I quit for a long time during Heavensward.

edit: I had a friend return from a 2 year break a few months ago as well in FF14 with no character problems.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I vaguely remember that was a thing early on, but they stopped doing it around toau if I recall correctly.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You used to have to apply through their website to restore your character that presumably got 'archived' by the server for inactivity (nothing ever got truly deleted), but that hasn't been the case for years. Wouldn't surprise me if the servers used to do dumb shit like loading up every single player character's data upon boot, instead of upon request, given the age of FFXI.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

it used to be a thing in FFXI yeah, although as Kaisha said you *might* be able to get your character back. glad to hear they fixed that, and even happier to hear that this is no longer a thing in FFXIV. thanks, guys!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Before irregularly going back to FFXI last year, I went some years after abyssea released of total inactivity. Character was still there. Uhm... 3 years into FFXIV ARR, I never bothered to use my 1.0 character and that was still there. I think in FFXI's case, given the frequent amount of character restoration requests + RtV campaign, they decided to just keep the character data.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nothing was ever really deleted, was just a scare tactic to get people to resub. Even banned characters still exist somewhere. They are just “locked away” for lack of a better term.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

YEP! Can't get the wife a name Koishi Komeiji because the one on Sargatanas doesn't exist on the lodestone anyway and tbh its annoying.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's the fastest way to generate thousands of mendacity tomes in a day?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Maybe...Heaven on High? I remember capping tomestones fairly quick in PotD. Queue time and run time should be shorter than a dungeon or frontline. But if you don't have a 61+ job to level it might be kind of a drag.
    There might be a better way I'm not thinking of, though.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If your server does A-rank hunt trains (killing all of the A-rank SB hunts in quick succession as a huge group), that's a great way to earn tomes at a rapid pace when it's available.

Which tomes do Eureka FATEs give? That used to be a good way to cap seals (assuming people are still doing Eureka, that is), but idk if they're Mendacity or Gensis.

Genesis only (at least in Pagos)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

4.4 is the last tier of gear right? 4.5 is the last alliance raid and makes 4.4 upgrade items easier to obtain? so 405 weapons/400 gear is the highest until 5.0?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Correct, 4.5 will be final alliance raid and will drop 390 gear and 400/405 upgrade items if it holds to pattern.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone have a link to a handy pld guide? I haven't played since 4.0 and just geared it up with some crafted gear and want to remind myself how to play the job outside of 1-2-3 flash and an occasional cool down that I might or might not remember.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Balance Discord is generally where all the job optimization and BiS discussions happen at now.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

it's also a toxic cesspool.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    it's also a toxic cesspool.
    Just stick to the pins and don't get outed for zoomhacks and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag