1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 7 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 77 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Anyone have a link to a handy pld guide? I haven't played since 4.0 and just geared it up with some crafted gear and want to remind myself how to play the job outside of 1-2-3 flash and an occasional cool down that I might or might not remember.

Not much else to say but ...

AoE: Flash Flash Flash Spinny AoE
    Single Target/Boss: 1-2-3, 1-2-3 if DPS is mad, then 4-5-6 (DoT) and 4-5-7 (Single Target). Weave in Spirits Within, Circle of Scorn and Shield Swipe when up. Use Requiestact at over 90% MP (off GCD) and then Holy Spirit until empty/buff runs out, repeat
    Rotate CDs in as necessary.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

mother fucking zoom hackers lul

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Aside from maybe personality or along those lines, is there any point to replacing old recruit with newer ones? Barely at 20 and starting on this exam mission or whatever but I'd like to know if there's a point to worrying about new recruits.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If the exp gap is big enough it'd be worth it. Otherwise I'd just get a new recruit because it'd be good to make an affinity work for scripts.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Not sure where else to ask ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Does anyone know what happens with your adventurer squadron if you switch GCs?

Do they stay with your old GC? (i.e. returning to your original GC would bring them back)
    Do they get deleted?
    Do they go with you to your new GC? (I'd assume not, since they're how you rank up after a certain point, but maybe?)

Just to pre-empt the question:
    "Why do you want to switch?"
    Glamour. Also, yes, I realize that I won't be able to wear anything from a GC that I'm not currently a member of.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They follow you.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wholesome squadron follows their fearless leader.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Aside from maybe personality or along those lines, is there any point to replacing old recruit with newer ones?
    There are 12 special recruits whose gear stays the same no matter what class you change them to. (Obviously this is less significant since the squad glam update, but they are still wearing gear that should be disallowed based on class.)

You can get them when you successfully earn a recruit from certain challenge categories (cross-reference from the master chart here). Keep in mind that completing Gold Saucer challenges is a wildcard category that can reward any recruit in the game, so if your desired toon is Gold Saucer only (e.g. Au Ra female PGL or Lalafell male MRD) you are in for that real grind.

So in conclusion, if you want to have the most elite squad then obviously you do what you gotta do.
    the only true endgame etc.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Haven't played in a year or two, wtf is zoomhacking. Just reactivated what should I focus on D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its a cheat engine tier hack that just lets you uncap the amount of distance you can zoom out. Been around since Leviathan.

Just level up/MSQ. If you got gil I'd recommend buying or getting a i380 weapon crafted while you throw tomes at gear.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That sounds pretty benign for a hack but whatever! Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna go melee this time around, how's SAM nowadays?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They buffed it idk how long ago, performs just fine. Just like any other dps. Cause they all do similar damage. Do you want to channel your inner bushido? Cause thats the job for you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SAM does sick personal DPS. Honestly the only DPS in a terrible spot right now is MCH.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Is there normally new crafted gear for the last patch of an expansion?
    Basically next patch what are we going to get in terms of gear from all sources, if anything?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Crafted right now is i380 can be upgraded to i390 w/ some mendacity. Secondaries may change.

Suzaku gives i385 weapon, Seiryu gives i395. Can get i390 weapon from 4 weeks of Omega Alphascape (Normal) clears. i400 and i405 is still locked behind Omega Savage.

i360 Mendacity armor can be upgraded through items exchanged through tokens from Rabanastre and Lighthouse including weapon.
    i360 Left side gear drops from Lighthouse

i375 gear drops from the new dungeon

i390 Genesys armor can be upgraded through tokens from Rabanastre, Lighthouse, and Monnestary
    i390 Gear drops from Monnestary (Weekly lockout though)

If you're coming back now I'd recommend just buying a i380 weapon from the MB, upgrading it to i390. And then spam dungeons from there. Do Seiryu to upgrade your weapon from i390 to i395 and then challenge Omega savage if that's the kind of thing you want to do you masochist.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

No... I've been playing the whole time... there's just not a better place to ask right now ^^;;

I just wanted to know if there will be new recipes for anything but glamour gear next patch.

Thanks for the detailed post though lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh pfffbt. I wouldn't count on any new glamour outside of Eureka.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fiye focus more when reading questions lol, second time you're not answering his question. He's asking if there will be any new crafted gear but not glamour

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Fiye focus more when reading questions lol, second time you're not answering his question. He's asking if there will be any new crafted gear but not glamour
    jagoga[ohgoh *Flails*

No. We got i110 on patch 2.4. i250 on patch 3.4 and i380 on patch 4.4. The next tier of crafted will be i385 when Shadowbringers come out.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Thanks guys :D
    I'm trying to learn how to craft so I'm glad there won't be a new set of crafting armor to worry about before 5.0.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag