1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
    Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Laaaame, but alrighty, thanks!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Had a RL friend ask me to play this a bit with him. I haven't played since midway through Heavensward. I've accessed my old PS4 account that had the base game and Heavensward licenses. I've also applied a Twitch Prime code to my account to give me 30 days access to the base PC version, so I've now got that license too.

What do I need to purchase to have access to the whole game though? With Shadowbringers near release, I figured getting that for $40 would be best. However, there's a note that, reading what it says, seems goofy.

"Please note that the FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS expansion pack also includes FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD & FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD, which will be provided at release on July 2, 2019."

So if I were to purchase the expansion, I wouldn't get access to Heavensward or Stormblood until after Shadowbringers release, right? If that's the case, what's the next best option I can purchase to have access to the whole game now while getting access to Shadowbringers? Cosmetics, pets, mounts, etc, don't really matter to me, so unless a special edition provides the licenses I need, I don't much care about them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you buy the upcoming expansion you do not have access to the other expansions until the pre-release period of June 29th. If you want access to prior to that you will have to buy Stormblood.

So the Twitch starter key you could do everything up until 2.55 if you don't mind losing the 1 or 2 levels from MSQ there. Otherwise see if you can find Stormblood on sale for $20 and pick that up so you can burn through.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2.55, that's pre-Heavensward yeah? My existing character is somewhere into Heavensward MSQ, I dunno where exactly. I assume Stormblood and the upcoming expansion requires you to proceed along the MSQ to access it all, yeah?

Cheapest I've found is $30 from Newegg. I've found EU keys as low as $13, but I'm needing a US key I suppose.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anywhere i can get shadowbringers for a good price or is it regular price everywhere? I quit and uninstalled during 4.4, so i have a bit of catching up to do. Also i need to redownload the client and install it, i guess i can that at mogstation once i reactivate correct?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's a 7 day free log in thing going on right now so you could get caught up before then and wait until ShB launch.

I dunno about it being on discount though.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    2.55, that's pre-Heavensward yeah? My existing character is somewhere into Heavensward MSQ, I dunno where exactly. I assume Stormblood and the upcoming expansion requires you to proceed along the MSQ to access it all, yeah?

Cheapest I've found is $30 from Newegg. I've found EU keys as low as $13, but I'm needing a US key I suppose.
    Yeah you'll need a key matching the other keys on your account. And yeah XIV's story requires you to either play thru the entire thing sequentially to access the next expansion's content or buy a jump potion (don't buy a jump potion).

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    There's a 7 day free log in thing going on right now so you could get caught up before then and wait until ShB launch.

I dunno about it being on discount though.
    O snap, awesome, i guess i’ll look into that and reinstall tonight, how much longer is it for?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Campaign Schedule
    From Monday, April 8, 2019 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, June 17, 2019 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT)

Basically up to the pre-launch of SB but I'd do it about saturday because of the FFXV event going on for the car mount. Can get it with 2 weeks of Lords of Verminion weeklies and the uh fashion report.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also, the timer starts as soon as you log-in. So not an accumulated 7 days worth, just a span of 7 days where you can hop on and off for free within those days.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

O that sounds good, so chances are that i may be able to ride the campaign until the very end if i only play like an hour a day? Lol

He said it's *not* accumulated though, so you want to play as much as you want after your first log in

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    He said it's *not* accumulated though, so you want to play as much as you want after your first log in
    O whoops, totally read that wrong, yea my bad.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

edit: fixed

however, every time i go to the launcher it keeps asking me about a trial and wont let me login into my account o.0

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Every xpac I resub and play for a month, I might try for a free week or something before I do it again.

What's a casual friendly job because I see some really lengthy openers out there. Think I've got 60sam 50whm 30war 30brd, was thinking of rolling Ninja I just want fun and gets invites but probably don't wanna tank since I don't have time to learn. Probably only going to play a couple hours a week at most, maybe 2-4 total.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'd stick with SAM. there's a high skill ceiling due to flexibility in resource spending, but it's overall a very simple job

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Unless you're doing current Savage/Ultimate 8 man stuff you'll be fine with a less than perfect opener. If you'd like to level fairly quickly I'd go with WHM (or AST/SCH) for the shorter queue times. A huge plus to SCH is that you'll have SMN at 70 as well. SMN basically just keeps DoTs going and gets Bahumat out as quickly as possible. DPS in general you just apply your DoT, damage-type debuff, and damage up buff, and then do your rotation. You can improve and learn optimal stuff as you go. The Command Missions with your Adventurer Squadron let you run a few of the dungeons up to 60 now solo to level faster than DPS queues.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Every xpac I resub and play for a month, I might try for a free week or something before I do it again.

What's a casual friendly job because I see some really lengthy openers out there. Think I've got 60sam 50whm 30war 30brd, was thinking of rolling Ninja I just want fun and gets invites but probably don't wanna tank since I don't have time to learn. Probably only going to play a couple hours a week at most, maybe 2-4 total.
    Oh I I got 35drg too, war and brd are 32.

Thanks for tips. Just want something fun and easy to play that won't take 10hrs to get groups.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There was a rumour (or official info already? don't remember), that Sch and Smn are getting separated

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I just got Miner to 51 and I'm trying out all these unspoiled nodes and junk. Is that the fastest way to level at this point? Should I be doing something in-between?

Also, the lower level stuff, can I only gather them at unspoiled nodes or can I get them at regular nodes too?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag