1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

anyone know if we can expect a SB jump potion on launch?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They haven't announced anything yet but I'd assume it'll be there like for SB's release.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    anyone know if we can expect a SB jump potion on launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    They haven't announced anything yet but I'd assume it'll be there like for SB's release.
    This a job boost Potion or Fantasia? I have a Fantasia in my inventory I thought was from storm blood, could I have a boost somewhere I didn't know about?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

How do you guys store your glamour items? I'm going through mine trying to cull the weak ones because I just have too damn much. There is a lot of stuff that should be armoir-able but isn't, like AF and event earrings, and there are only (currently) 200 slots in the glamour dresser, which is a total mess for me - I have no idea what's even in there because there's no semblance of organization by job or anything, it just shows you everything you have at once.

Right now I have one retainer holding weapons for me and one holding gear, but it's so hard to keep track of what I have. I just feel like...there should be a better way.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For starters, the glamour dresser is doubling with ShB to 400 items.

As for organizing it? Well... I dunno, I only have 100 items in mine at the moment and I only keep the items I really really like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    How do you guys store your glamour items? I'm going through mine trying to cull the weak ones because I just have too damn much. There is a lot of stuff that should be armoir-able but isn't, like AF and event earrings, and there are only (currently) 200 slots in the glamour dresser, which is a total mess for me - I have no idea what's even in there because there's no semblance of organization by job or anything, it just shows you everything you have at once.

Right now I have one retainer holding weapons for me and one holding gear, but it's so hard to keep track of what I have. I just feel like...there should be a better way.
    I feel ya, here's hoping they'll add some filter and sorting options together with expanding the dresser

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I went Marie Kondo last expansion and threw out glamour that didn't spark joy.

Anyway my strategy.

•Make a tier list of jobs. Probably shouldn't store a metric tonne of MNK gear you won't keep when all you did in stormblood is level it to 70 and let it collect dust.
    •If it comes from ARR probably chuck it unless you really love it. Content there should be easy to stomp even with the RNG of drops. Probably do the same with HW content especially since you can get books.
    •Check out the calamity salvager and find out what gear you can buy from him. Then throw out stuff you have from him because you can just buy it back.

I have a retainer of gear (I haven't looked at in awhile) and a glamour closet that's almost full.

Honestly w/ 5.0 I would put any throw out any glamours from 2.x that you don't absolutely love. That shit is easy as fuck to get back

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dunno what the hell I'm going to do for my crafting stuff though. Tempted to try to liquidize as much shit as I can and then have my retainers fetch me shit I need in 5.0

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I get what you're saying, Calamity salvager has a lot of stuff you can buy back etc, but that still sucks. The whole purpose of the dresser is so that you're not running around looking for items to use for glamouring

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I get what you're saying, Calamity salvager has a lot of stuff you can buy back etc, but that still sucks. The whole purpose of the dresser is so that you're not running around looking for items to use for glamouring
    I feel ya. Its like shit with housing. 400 slots isn't enough to decorate and then you remember shit used to be limited to 200 and you didn't have storage.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well I tossed out a bunch of Antiquated gear I put in my dresser for some reason (early SB hype I guess) and threw out some ARR AFs I can always get back by running Snowcloak or w/e... I threw out all the rest of the quest gear I can get back from the Calamity Salvager a long time ago.

I still have a crapton of stuff.

I truly hope that this game can somehow figure out how to let everyone just check off having obtained a piece of gear and use it as glamour later without keeping it. I don't understand what is keeping them from doing that. It would achieve something they want since so many people would be running old content trying to complete their glamour catalogs. But I guess people would drop their retainers which is less $$ so maybe they're just lying about not being able to do that.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They seem to think it's easier to have 400 extra inventory slots (after ShB doubles the current amount) in a limited-use capacity instead of just a long bitstream of 0s & 1s for "Did you own this particular variant of this armor model". Why they never expanded upon the Armoire which already does that, is beyond my understanding.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its probably easier for them to develop it this way and expand it to other systems.

I also imagine the Armoire is like the moogle slip system in XI where there's a point where it becomes cumbersome. Granted now with the glamour chest the armoire is absolutely fucking amazing but that's beside the point.

Oh well at least we don't have to wait months for holiday items to get thrown in there.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For custom deliveries, if I want crafter scrips, do I have to hand in the crafter item? Or can I get the gatherer items and hand those in on a crafter job? My GSM just hit 60 and I have Miner at 65 already

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gatherer items give gatherer scrips, crafter items give crafting scrips

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

LAAAAAAAAAME, I wanted to cheese my efforts.

But thank you for the answer

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Going for Grandmaster Caster, can someone please tell me whether Madam Butterfly has a freaking legendary tug? lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Going for Grandmaster Caster, can someone please tell me whether Madam Butterfly has a freaking legendary tug? lol
    http://ff14angler.com/spot/70202 says yes, but I don't remember what it was back when I caught it. Haven't really noticed anything being wrong on here so far.

Also, some of these big fish I'm missing being like 16 real life days away is quite annoying. >.>

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Same, I missed the window on Ruby Dragon a few days ago and was dismayed to see its next window be almost a month later. Like, wtf?

I have 17 big fish left, half from SB and half from HW. Some of these have been haunting me since HW dropped. I wouldn't say any one of them is the absolute worst but some of them are giant headaches.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I thought ARR sightseeing logs were awful. What the fuck @ fortnight fish

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag