1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Just practice really. If you're doing a fight you're new to you're not likely to perform perfectly since you're still picking up intricacies of the fight. Eventually your combos and buff/debuff applications will kinda just fall to muscle memory and you won't have to think too much about them and can focus more on fight mechanics or maximizing your DPS. Dunno what class you're playing but if it's NIN then I had similar issues when I initially hit 50 despite having played MNK a ton in the past. Juggling Trick Attack and Kassatsu in to the rotations you've been using up til 50 just takes some getting used to (and familiarity with fights to maximize their use), there's no real shortcut to getting better at it other than just... playing the class some more until you get used to it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I guess what I mean is I screw up my rotations way more than I'd care to admit. I can do fine on training dummies but in other fights... my parse last night was pathetic.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Practice practice practice

Get used to the game, get used to the job, get used to the fight.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

pretty much this, the more comfortable you are, the higher your dps. just keep on practicing till you basically can do rotations with eyes closed.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quick question since I Just came back as well after 6+ months. What can I do with all of my coil1 gear once I upgrade to to the new 100+ stuff? Can It be upgraded to a higher item level? Turn it in for tombs? Just hold onto it with the hope of being able to do something with it later?

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Save it for Desynth, Glamour, turn it in for GC Seals, give it to your retainer for ventures. That's about it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Can you enter lower dungeons without your level getting lowered?

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Short answer is no. Long answer is "We are looking into it." They still don't allow you to queue for Duty Finder with your chocobo out...

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They've even just begun placing an ilvl cap/syncs on older lv.50 dungeons to keep people from powering through them too quickly. I would really like the ability to face-roll ancient content as a lv.50 by myself for glamour reasons but game design has made collecting old gear sets a huge pain in the ass.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    They've even just begun placing an ilvl cap/syncs on older lv.50 dungeons to keep people from powering through them too quickly. I would really like the ability to face-roll ancient content as a lv.50 by myself for glamour reasons but game design has made collecting old gear sets a huge pain in the ass.
    Exactly. After coming back I thought doing Copperbell Hard/few other lowbies to get better gear would be the way to go but with tomestones it's generally better to just do them until you get weathered gloam from my experience.

EDIT: Speaking of Copperbell hard. Is there any surefire way to dodge the final boss's AoEs? Still managed to get hit by them even when I ran like hell away from them the moment I saw the ring...

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    EDIT: Speaking of Copperbell hard. Is there any surefire way to dodge the final boss's AoEs? Still managed to get hit by them even when I ran like hell away from them the moment I saw the ring...
    That shit is almost unavoidable, I think I've only managed to avoid it when I was already moving when the aoe marker appeared.

BG Level

I'm starting to believe that since even with a VPN that SoB manages to get me.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm pretty certain you have to already be moving to avoid that bullshit, no matter how great your latency is.

BG Level

Yeah I can confirm that. Every time I'm moving (usually to get crystals for sand worm... why?!) I can dodge it. Moment I"m actually trying to put some DOTs up I get smacked hard. May as well just take it like and keep DPSing I suppose.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I know the Aetherial equipment can get up to three random stats, but are the stat boosts themselves static? I have an Aetherial Cotton Robe with +5 Spell Speed. Will it always be +5 if it gets Spell Speed on it?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Nope. At the same time though it only matters for twinking in 30 cap or 40 cap PvP.

BG Level

Quick hunt question: Do the tome rewards you get on A/S ranks only apply if you kill that mob when it's your daily/weekly? Or will you obtain them regardless.

Also on the note of allied seals do I have to do anything to obtain the i100 gear? According to XIVDB the i100 seems to be around the same price as the i70 gear. XIVDB not updated?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

A/S ranks are not daily/weekly, so you get tomes regardless. I don't do hunts really, but that's what I noticed
    B ranks (weekly) and the rest (daily) rewards no tomes

The i70 gear is more or less for vanity purposes. A point to note that if you change companies they'll become...invalid (unwearable/vanityable (i think))

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Also on the note of allied seals do I have to do anything to obtain the i100 gear? According to XIVDB the i100 seems to be around the same price as the i70 gear. XIVDB not updated?
    You can buy the i100 stuff just as soon as you have enough seals. The i70 shit is as-expensive (or moreso) because its only purpose is vanity.

BG Level

After getting into hunts, are there any linkshells that re built around forming groups for hunts and whatnot? Found out the hard way trying to do them solo is about as effective as a level solo: Absolute crap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag