1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 20 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 13 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Decided to unlock SAM and started jiggering abilities around my bar to try and make sense of it, but I kinda came to the conclusion that it's a nightmare to play on keyboard because of having 3 or 4 different combo chains for building up or AoE? As well, googling info tends to throw pre-5.0 stuff at me, so not sure how accurate things may still be. Any tricks to simplify the control scheme? I usually try to keep primary stuff on the 1-5 keys, though do tend to find ctrl/alt variants rough in WASD control because of crab claw hand effect over time, so also try to avoid getting too reliant on them.

Figuring this shit out isn't super priority for me at the moment, though, since I'm still working on RDM and am only early in Stormblood, but imagine it'll be my next job to take up if I can find a groove.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I still use the tried and true 1 through = plus alt/ctrl from xi. I just bind everything from 6 to = to extra buttons on my mouse.

Generally lump my hotbars together in logical "sections". Aka, main single target combos, ogcds, and other single target finishers on 1-7. Aoe on 8-=. Gap closers, ranged attacks, and other "utility" weaponskills on ctrl 1-6, debuffs stuns etc ctrl 7-=. Buffs, heals, etc on alt 1-=.

I guess if you don't have extra mouse buttons you could jank together some hotbar swap macros that you can use to have different hotbar 'modes' for ST and AoE or something.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm in the opposite boat I need to learn how to set up and play the game on a controller or I won't be able to play at all. I'm playing drg at least with whm and or a tank next and for some reason even though there's a ton of guides Reddit posts and YouTube videos it just seems like a daunting task to set up and learn to use.

I just wanna download someone else's UI/keybinds lol.

Yeah, hotbar swapping was probably what I imagined I was going to have to look into, though there does seem to be a slight delay in using macro'd abilities. Oh well, I'll worry about it later.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So this is my UI

Spoiler: show

If you wanna make use of it you can download it here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cn...1IM6rLuBiEZMDI

You'll have to replace the contents of the folder to the one that is yours. Your main is likely the oldest one (MAKE BACKUPS)

You'll be looking in a folder like this C:\Users\NAME\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn

I use 1-6 and q,e,r,t,f,c (Ctrl + alt variants of each). I have v, `, M3, M4, M5, and F1, F2, F3, F4 bound as extra keys. Z is utilized for my mount. CTRL + Z is to unsheathe. The numpad has been replaced with shortcuts like

1 - Duty Finder
    2 - Raid FInder
    3 - Teleport
    4 - Friend's List
    5 - Part Finder
    7 - Actions
    8 - Timers
    9 - Shared FATEs

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Problem with macros in XIV comes down to the fact that they don't have any buffering. Normal skill actions will buffer and queue to an extent, macros can not do this which sucks major ass.

I'll send you info about my ui on discord later. Have one of those collapsible menus and shit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Playing with controller is fine, kind of a pain to set up crossbars initially but once it’s done it’s fine.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Decided to unlock SAM and started jiggering abilities around my bar to try and make sense of it, but I kinda came to the conclusion that it's a nightmare to play on keyboard because of having 3 or 4 different combo chains for building up or AoE?
    I've tried to repeatedly chime in on the OF into threads asking for chain-combo buttons (instead of hitting 1-2-3, you just hit 1-1-1 because the action changes as you execute the combo) which would go a long way toward letting people setup their bars more efficiently, but holy shit I got a LOT of blowback on that, even when you make the concession that it could be optional. "But muh buttons!!!"

Setting up my GNB bar has been a fucking nightmare. Two full 3-button combos, a 2-part AOE combo, AND tanks still have the most buttons to juggle. Ugh. I don't look forward to setting up my SAM or DRG hotbars in the future either. I think I counted SEVEN AOE skills on DRG.

I don't know how the mods decide what OF ideas to pass along to the devs. This thread about removing the pointless "Hidden" step of timed nodes has less than 10 upvotes, but somehow it got a mod reply, but I've been asking for chain-combo buttons since the start of Stormblood.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I've tried to repeatedly chime in on the OF into threads asking for chain-combo buttons (instead of hitting 1-2-3, you just hit 1-1-1 because the action changes as you execute the combo) which would go a long way toward letting people setup their bars more efficiently, but holy shit I got a LOT of blowback on that, even when you make the concession that it could be optional. "But muh buttons!!!"

Setting up my GNB bar has been a fucking nightmare. Two full 3-button combos, and a 2-part AOE combo. Ugh. I don't look forward to setting up my SAM or DRG hotbars in the future either.
    SAM is easier because I can use the first 6 buttons on my MMO mouse and have it flow like 1->4, 1->2->5, 1->3->6

DRG on the otherhand is now 1-5 with 6 acting as a hotbar swap so I can go between the full thrust combo and disembowel combo.

Tried setting up GNB on an alt and I was like wew I'll do this later.

Also I'm mad that they didn't add a level70 version of the trait that instantly reveals out of reach items.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Also I'm mad that they didn't add a level70 version of the trait that instantly reveals out of reach items.
    Yeah, when I logged in after the launch of this expansion, I was very confused this wasn't a thing.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

To each their own imo on UI, mine is a convoluted mess but it actually works well for me on mnk and nin. Considering i was a beatmania IIDX player a long time ago, weird movements on hands felt natural to me.

I'd have no problems expanding to ctrl/alt variants and even going beyond 6 in hand comfort if I could go full keyboard like XI, but in my experience, this game will simply not allow that due to certain interactables. Main reason why I so generally loathe WASD because the dexterity of my right hand is utterly wasted. Otherwise, you can pretty much bet my middle and/or index finger is hovering over a movement key.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If you're a gamepad user like me, a DS4 + button-mapping utility like Xpadder or JoyToKey, in conjunction with some clever key-binding in-game, opens up a whole new set of of possibilities.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Uh play what you like?

Right now DRG and MNK are in a good spot. NIN is kinda lol and SAM doesn't do the DPS it should.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They are all good in their own way and nobody is gonna exclude you from content solely on your job choice, except maybe the 1% of FFXIV elite.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I could see a NIN being excluded from savage content by idiots. People have a habit of turning "this class needs some help" into "this class will keep us from clearing". Definitely saw a good amount of that even shortly after AST adjustments

otherwise yeah, whatever fits your style. MNK is fast with high payoff, NIN is fast with lower payoff(but still fun IMO), DRG is is steady with cool abilities, SAM is ezpz to play well with satisfying finishers

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What's the best/easiest way to farm white crafting scrips other then weekly collectibles?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Uh I hear some people swear by crafting the Grade 1 Tinctures. Personally I liked doing Ovim Cordon Bleu. Otherwise if you don't mind serious gathering anything that doesn't involve leather or weaver mats is a good choice.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cool.... so I only have Gsm and Min at 80 and probably should have specified that.

I'll just stick to weekly collectibles =X

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah. I'd seriously do ALC next though because the syrup when you get the bonus absolutely fucking kills it. (Its like 270 yellow script per turn in absolutely insane)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag